- Having 7+ years of experience for implementing BI solutions in Healthcare, Banking, Health insurance and Confidential industries using MSBI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, and Power BI).
- Involved in all phases of SDLC from requirement gatherings through post deployment of application systems in large and small organizations using Agile methodology.
- Proficient in creating packages as part of ETL - extract data from heterogeneous sources like: Excel, Flat file, OLEDB source and loading to SQL Server databases using SSIS (2016/2014/2012/2008/2005).
- Experienced in using various SSIS control flow items like: execute SQL task, Data Flow task, Send Mail Task, File system task, Bulk Insert Task, for-each Loop and Sequence Container.
- Experienced in debugging SSIS packages using checkpoints, breakpoints and error handling by configuring send mail task using event handlers.
- Proficient in logging the runtime information into different log providers like: SQL Server, Text File using SSIS Logging to increase the performance of SSIS packages.
- Designed, Developed & maintained databases on Confidential ’s cloud computing platform of SQL Azure.
- Experienced in transforming the data as per business needs using different transformations like: Conditional split, Merge join, derived column, data conversion, Fuzzy lookup in SSIS.
- Experienced in performing incremental load of data into DW using SCD, Lookup.
- Strong experience in writing complex T- SQL queries and creating database objects like: tables, views stored Procedures, and Triggers.
- Experienced in performance tuning of long running SQL queries using SQL server built in tools like: SQL Server profiler, Execution plan and also by creating indexes.
- Strong Experience in designing diverse reports like: tabular, matrix, parameterized, drill through, ad-hoc, linked reports, chart and sub reports both for operational and regulatory needs using SSRS (2008/2012/2014/2016).
- Well experienced in deploying the reports, managing the reports in report server by creating folders, permissions and delivering the reports in various formats using subscriptions.
- Proficient in optimizing the performance of various SSRS reports by modifying stored procedures, creating cache reports and snapshots in report server.
- Enhanced the functionality in data ware housing concepts (OLAP) Cube by creating KPI, Actions, Perspective and Hierarchies using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and Dimensional Modelling Techniques such as Star and Snowflake schema.
- Expertise in defining the DB schema as part of data modelling to define the entities and relationships, generating SQL scripts using Erwin Tool.
- Hands on experience in working with query editor (Power BI) to extra data from heterogeneous sources, perform data cleansing and shaping and load them to the data model region.
- Proficient in report designing with different visualizations like: tree maps, bar graph, pie, line chart and deploying and creating dashboards with automated refresh of reports using POWER BI Tool.
- Strong experience in story narration for business users by creating worksheets in Tableau using various objects like: calculated fields, actions, filters, parameters, groups, sets and hierarchies.
- Ability to work in tight schedules and efficient in time management and highly motivated team player with the intensity of delivering high quality outputs within the deadline.
Databases Tools: SQL Enterprise Manager, Query Analyzer, SQL Server Management Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Profiler, SQL Server Analysis Service (SSAS)
ETL Tools: Data Transformation Services (DTS) - Export/Import, SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS)
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (2016/2014/2012/2008), MS Access, MS Excel, Crystal Reports, Business Objects 4.0
Database: MS SQL Server 2016/2014/2012/2008 R2/2008, MS Access, Oracle 9i/8i
Programming Languages: T-SQL, PL-SQL, C
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, XML and CSS
Operating Systems: Windows (10/8/7/Vista/XP), Windows 2015/2012/2008 Server
Other Tools: MS Office Suite ( Confidential Word, Power Point, MS Visio), OLAP & OLTP, ERWIN, Adobe Photoshop, Abode Flash.
Confidential, Malvern, PA
MS SQL/ BI Developer
- Involved in Technical and Business decisions for Business requirement, Interaction with Business Analysts, Client team, and Development team through Agile Kanban process.
- Creating Azure Data factories for loading the data to Azure SQL database from Cosmos platform.
- Created complex power BI dashboards.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSIS Packages for new ETL Processes.
- Performed the role of Scrum Master in daily stand up calls.
- Developed, deployed and monitored SSAS cubes.
- Created SSIS Packages to Extract and load data from and to different sources and targets like SQL Server, Text Files, Excel and CSV feed them to COUPA cloud server.
- Involved in development and implementation of SSIS, Azure Cloud services
- Performed Column Mapping, Data Mapping and Maintained Data Models and Data Dictionaries.
- Involved in retrieving multi-million records for data loads using SSIS and by querying against Heterogeneous Data Sources like SQL Server, Oracle, Text files and some Legacy systems.
- Expertise in using different Transformations like Lookups, Derived Column, Merge Join, Fuzzy Lookup, For Loop, For Each Loop, Conditional Split, Union all, Script component etc.
- Transferred data from various data sources/business systems including MS Excel, MS Access, and Flat Files to SQL Server using SSIS/DTS packages using various features.
- Involved in Performance tuning of ETL transformations, data validations and stored procedures.
- Strong experience in designing and implementing ETL packages using SSIS for integrating data using OLE DB connection from heterogeneous sources.
- Created Complex ETL Packages using SSIS which upsets data from staging table to database tables.
- Created roles using SSAS to restrict cube properties.
- Implemented cell level security in cubes using MDX expressions to restrict users of one region seeing data of another region using SSAS.
- Created calculated measures using MDX implementing business requirement
- Experienced working on Star and Snowflake Schemas and used the fact and dimension tables to build the cubes, perform processing and deployed them to SSAS database.
- Designed aggregations and pre-calculations in SSAS.
- Involved in designing Partitions in Cubes to improve performance using SSAS.
- Experienced in Developing Power BI Reports and Dashboards from multiple data sources using Data Blending.
- Used recently introduced Power BI to create self-service BI capabilities and use tabular models.
- Responsible for creating and changing the visualizations in Power BI reports and Dashboards on client requests.
- Created Calculated Columns and Measures in Power BI and Excel depending on the requirement using DAX queries.
- Created hierarchies in Power BI reports using visualizations like Bar chart, Line chart, etc.
- Worked with both live and import data in to Power BI for creating reports.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2014/2016, Power BI, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, SQL Profiler, T-SQL, C#, web DEV (VB.NET), Visual Studio, Azure Data Factory, and Azure Data Lake.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
MS SQL/ BI Developer
- Involved in working with Project Manager, business users to gather requirements and translate them into technical documents to facilitate BI reports and analytics.
- Responsible in creating the SSIS packages for extracting the data from heterogeneous sources (Excel, Flat file, SQL server) and load them into multiple databases (Staging area, SQL Server, data warehouse) as a part of ETL process using ETL mapping document.
- Applied several transformations like lookup, audit, derived column, data conversion, conditional split to perform data cleansing, data validation before loading data to Data warehouse.
- Worked with various control flow and data flow elements like: execute SQL task, containers, file system Task, slowly changing dimension, fuzzy lookup, import/export column in SSIS 2014.
- In the process of extracting and loading the policy to data warehouse, implemented checkpoints, breakpoints and event handlers as the part of debugging.
- Experienced in working with SCD transformation (Type-0/1/2) of SSIS for updating slowly changing dimensions in a data ware house to capture the history of data.
- Responsible for Developing Dimensions, DSV’s (Data Source Views) and Multi-Dimensional Cubes, Perspectives and deploying them to production Environments for Processing.
- Worked on escalated tasks related to interconnectivity issues and complex cloud-based identity management and user authentication, service interruptions with Virtual Machines (their host nodes) and associated virtual storage (Blobs, Tables, Queues).
- Worked on different cloud services, such as Infrastructure as a Service IaaS, Platform as a Service PaaS, Software as a Service Saas, Cloud Backup Services, Disaster as a Service DraaS .
- Worked with Excel add-in’s (Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View) to perform data analysis by integrating large volume of data from various sources (MS SQL, MS analysis services).
- Using T-SQL created database objects like: Tables, views, indexes and stored procedures for storing and as well as referencing the data in database.
- Involved in solving real time issues with index fragmentation, DBCC checks, Query Tuning, Error and Event Handling.
- Designed Business reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2014 like: Tabular, Parameterized, chart reports and delivered them in different formats (Excel, Word, Pdf).
- Deployed SSRS reports to the report manager and created linked reports, ad-hoc reports based on sudden requirement.
- Involved in creating different level of filters (report level, page level) on multiple reports and slicers for appropriate end user interaction using Power BI.
- Responsible for creating calculated columns and measures and applied transformations in edit Query section in Power BI to clean the data.
Environment: T-SQL, MS SQL Server 2014/2012, SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS), MS SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), MS SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SSAS, Excel, Power BI, SQL Server Profiler.
Confidential, Redmond, WA
MS SQL/ BI Developer
- Developed SSIS packages for different tasks like data cleansing and standardizing, sorting, conditional split, back up and involved in scheduling of SSIS packages.
- Involved in Data Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) between Homogenous and Heterogeneous systems using SQL tools (SSIS, Bulk Insert).
- Involved in error handling of SSIS packages by evaluating error logs.
- Successfully extracted, transformed and loaded data into data warehouse.
- Created reports using SSRS from OLTP and OLAP data sources and deployed on report server.
- Created tabular, matrix, chart, drill down reports, parametric reports, cascaded reports, dashboards and score card reports (SSRS) according to the business requirement.
- Created reports by dragging data from cubes and wrote MDX scripts.
- Used SSIS 2013 to create ETL packages (.dtsx files) to validate, extract, transform and load data to data warehouse, data mart databases, and process SSAS cubes to store data into OLAP databases
- Improved the performance of long running views and stored procedures.
- Improved performance by adding indexes, removing unnecessary columns in the inner views and adding conditions to get only the required data.
- Enhanced and built different reports using SSRS 2008R2 by discounts, service items, cloud node, usage, invoice etc. Extensively used Joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables from different databases.
- Identified slow performing views, stored procedures and queries using SQL Profiler, by running simultaneously while browsing the application.
- Tuned the queries using Execution plan, to get index seek from table scan and index scan. Improved the performance of many queries by 90%.
- Worked with Erwin data modeling tool
- Created Database objects including Tables, Views, Stored Procedures and User Defined Functions.
- Created Schemas, indexes, Triggers (after and instead of triggers).
- Extensively involved in writing database scripts.
Environment: SQL Server 2014, SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS), Confidential Visual Studio 2013, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server reporting services (SSRS), IIS, VB.Net, Erwin, MS Excel.
Confidential, Boston, MA
MS SQL/ BI Developer
- Involved in creating technical specification documents after gathering requirements from business users.
- Created stored procedures, views, triggers, user defined functions to incorporate the flow of business and automated stored procedures.
- Managed index, statistics and optimizing queries by using execution plan for tuning the database.
- Analyzed reports and fixed bugs in stored procedures on the ongoing database operations, as needed, to resolve business problems.
- Created SSIS packages to extract, transfer and load data into the data warehouse on a daily basis.
- Worked with various SSIS Tasks like Execute SQL Task, bulk insert task, data flow task, ftp task, send mail task, for each loop container.
- Created and scheduled SQL jobs to run SSIS packages on a daily basis using SQL Server Agent.
- Writing VB.NET and C# coding in Script task and script component.
- Implemented Extraction Transformation and Loading (ETL) process by pulling large volume of data from various data sources using SSIS.
- OLAP design SSAS 2008R2 for different cloud services and service items. Implemented OLAP cube and connecting using Excel PowerPivot.
- Managing and automating Control flow, Data flow, Events and Logging for SSIS packages.
- Designed and developed different reports like Matrix and Tabular reports, Cascaded, Parameterized, and pie chart reports using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Expertise in developing Ad-Hoc, Drill down, Drill through and Dashboard reports using Local and Global Variables, Expressions and Filters in SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS). Promoted RDLs to Reporting Service Server.
- Defined relationships between Dimensions and Measure groups.
- Reviewed cube, changed the cube and documentation according to the requirement based on product valuation and revenue opportunities.
- Involved in designing and developing Data Warehouses, Data marts and Business Intelligence using multi-dimensional models such as Star Schemas and Snow Flake Schema for developing Cubes.
- Defined Granularity with in a measure group and drill through actions.
- Resolved any deadlocks issues with the Databases/Servers on a real-time basis.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, Business Intelligence Development Studio, SSRS 2012, SSIS 20012, MS Visual Studio 2008, T-SQL, C#, VB Script, Window 7, Team Foundation Server.
MS SQL/ BI Developer
- Participated in gathering User Requirements and System Specifications.
- Developed Stored Procedures, functions and database triggers and maintained referential integrity and implemented complex business logic.
- Created and executed SQL Server Integration Service packages to populate data from the various data sources, created packages for different data loading operations for many applications.
- Created SSIS Packages using SSIS Designer for exporting heterogeneous data from OLE DB Source, Excel Spreadsheet to SQL Server.
- Migrated DTS packages to SSIS packages and modified the packages with new features of SQL SSIS.
- Designed ETL packages dealing with different data sources (SQL Server, Flat Files, and XMLs etc) and loaded the data into target data sources by performing different kinds of transformations using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Extensively worked with third party database tools like TOAD & PL/SQL Developer.
- Built MDX queries and Data Analysis Expression (DAX) queries for Analysis Services & Reporting Services.
- Created Dimensions and cubes with star schema using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Created multiple reports (SSRS) in Drill mode using tables, financial tables, crosses tabs and chart.
- Design, deployment, and maintenance of various SSRS Reports in SQL Server.
- Designed and implemented Parameterized and cascading parameterized reports using SSRS.
- Used SQL Profiler for troubleshooting, monitoring, and optimization of SQL Server and non-production database code as well as T-SQL code from developers and QA.
- Backing up, restoring system & other databases as per requirements, and also scheduled those backups.
- Used SQL Server Profiler to trace the slow running queries and tried to Optimize SQL queries for improved performance and availability.
Environment: MS SQL Server 2008, PLSQL, DTS, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, T-SQL, Excel, Visual Studio, OLAP, Power BI, DAX functions.