- I am an experienced Data Architect with comprehensive knowledge in both commercial information technology and government contracting.
- I have served as a Project Manager, Team Lead, and Data Architect Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- My primary role throughout my career has been leading and performing business analysis with an emphasis in data management, and including data architecture, enterprise modeling, conceptual and logical database design, process models, relational physical database design, data dictionaries, repositories, CASE technology, client/server, process reengineering, UML/domain object - oriented models, No-SQL, and Column oriented databases, data warehousing methodologies, and dimensional modeling.
- Additionally, I have participated in Software Lifecycle Design Cycles (SLDC), provided support and expertise in the capacity of a Business Analyst, and I have extensive experience working in both Agile and Waterfall environments.
CASE Tools: ADW (IEW), AllFusion/ERwin/Model Manager/BPwin, ASYST, Chen, Cool/Bachman, Embarcadero, Excelerator, IEF, Janis, LBMS, MEGA, Oracle Designer, POSE, User Expert System
Methodology: Agile/Waterfall, Bachman, BSP, Chen, CMM, DeMarco, Finkelstein, ITIL Foundation v3, Gane/Sarson, IBM HIPO, Inmon (Government Information Factory - GIF), Kimball, LBMS, Object-Oriented, Process Reengineering, Rational, Yourdon, Zachman
DBMS: ADABAS, DB2, MS-Access, MS-SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, Teradata, MySQL
Software: Business Objects, Data Stage, Data Transformation Services (DTS) in SQL Server, Esperant, Informatica, MEGA, MetaStage, Query Manager, SQL, SQLforms, SSIS, TOAD
Lead Data Architect
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Support and collaborate with the Chief Enterprise Architect and implement his directives.
- Produce a conceptual model representing case management and pension plan.
- Reinforce an enterprise data concept in a mostly Confidential (Commercial Off-the-shelf Software) environment. Produce data standards for the development teams that support enterprise architecture, cloud environments, service environments and overall security.
- Create data architecture for CMS (Case Management System), CPS ( Corporate Performance System), and PPDM (Pension Plan Data Management). Help the client attain a Maturity Level of 2.
Senior Data Architect
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Develop documents that outline key strategic direction for data warehouse deployment; develop standards and procedures to support this direction.
- Create platform architecture and products.
- Create data architecture by blending concepts from big data, generalization, and data warehousing, with complete documentation that is reflected in the physical data structures.
- Create the physical structures with completed documentation, and ETL instructions.
- Guide DBAs in general data concepts.
- Create project plan to guide product delivery. Manage client and other groups with relationships to data warehousing.
Enterprise Data Architect/Data Architect Lead/Manager
Confidential, Danville, PA
- Managed and directed a team of six Data Architects. Reviewed and approved data architecture and data models created by team members.
- Set team priorities and goals, enabling team members to work harmoniously. Interfaced with business units to assist them in addressing their data needs.
- Promoted dialogue with other IT teams. Interviewed candidates for various roles on architecture team (Director of Enterprise Architecture, ETL Developer, Database Administrator and Business Analyst positions).
- Served as primary liaison on employee performance-related evaluations. Developed enterprise architecture and data architecture concepts, along with the associated platforms.
- Responsible for enterprise strategic data planning and data warehouse architecture. Created a “Foundational Data Warehouse,” which consisted of Parties, Claims, Addresses, Products and Agreements.
- Involved in all aspects of this environment including ETL/data loading, and direction of Teradata consultants in order to produce the physical environments.
Lead Program Data Architect
Confidential, Orlando, FL
- Functioned as an Enterprise Data Architect/Manager and provided guidance, direction, supervision and governance to six Modular (Application) Data Architects that reported to me dotted-line. Assessed and measured Modular Data Architects.
- Developed scorecards used to assess and rate data models.
- Developed a metadata framework supporting a RESTfull service environment used for impact analysis.
- Created unified data architecture including XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, Entity Relational, Dimensional (star schema) models in an Embarcadero, Rochade, Oracle and Teradata environment throughout the program.
- Developed and communicated concepts to all levels of management.
- All these efforts supported the Confidential ’s magic band business directive for guest management.
Lead Data Architect
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Developed dimensional models and created Model Manager environment/standards for a reporting environment to be used by a government agency.
- Worked with Stakeholders and Data Architecture team to develop a theoretical and methodological baseline strategy for enterprise strategic planning and data warehouse architecture.
- Coordinated architectural efforts via providing Subject Matter Expert insight on comprehensive project approach and management.
Manager of Data Architecture/Lead Data Architect
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- Analyzed and recommended enterprise solutions for a system that processes 25% of the Confidential .
- Represented the data part of a logical service-oriented architecture (SOA). Supervised the Data Architecture Group, authored Data Engineering Branch (DEB) Plan which explains DEB roles and responsibilities, created enterprise data architecture, and worked on defining the enterprise data tool environment and establishing a metadata repository.
Manager of Data Management
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- County spokesperson for data.
- Responsible for data strategic planning.
- Managed, prioritized, and approved all data-related work including data architecture, logical and physical design and implementation, and data movement - ETL (extract, transfer, and load).
- Developed enterprise-wide data architecture and framework and implementation plan.
- Managed and reviewed Data Architects’ performance.
- Developed data governance, master data programs, data standards, and procedures and practices.
- Responsible for metadata and data quality.
- All development performed using Microsoft tools for low-cost implementation.
Confidential, Fairfax, VA
- Developed an 800-page reference manual that contained information about the location codes and the location code harmonization effort.
- Created performance measures (scorecards and dashboards).
- This helps US-VISIT measure how data governance is performing.
- As Data Architect, assisted in the development of data architecture requirement enhancements in compliance with the Federal Enterprise Architecture.
- Participated in strategic planning and project development at the enterprise level.
- Established relationships with Subject Matter Experts and Data Analysts.
- Helped to develop the concepts of data architecture. Served as technical lead in data architecture and data administration assignments.
- Mentored and advised Data Analysts and management. Developed the data warehousing methodology that helped Confidential obtain the Confidential contract.
- That methodology was incorporated into DC Vector as a template for other consultants.