- Highly acclaimed, technically sophisticated IT Professional with over 13 years of progressive experience providing advanced computer and network systems direction across multiple industries and sectors.
- Innovative thinker who has the rare ability to engineer, present and lead the implementation of solutions that eclipse the efforts of leading industry players, consolidating operations and processes for substantial cost savings and increased efficiency.
- Leverage interpersonal skill to translate proposed business initiatives into project deliverables.
- Manage multiple complex projects, coordinating with clients, vendors, and multi - level staff to consistently execute projects within budget and ahead of schedule
- Skilled in SCCM 2012 R2/SCCM 2007/SMS 2003 architecture, implementation and administration, SQL Server 2012 R2/2008/2005 database administration (e.g. large (200K+) and small (1000+) enterprise client device environments, client health and installation, variety of hierarchies (Central (CAS), Primary sites, Secondary sites, etc.) and components (MP, Database, Software Update Point, Reporting, Distribution Point, Branch-cache, Application Catalog, Endpoint Protection, Asset Intelligence, Intune Connector, EAS connector, State Migration Point, FSP, Enrollment Point, etc.) along with feature-set implementation such as custom inventory, application and software distribution, Endpoint Protection, security, troubleshooting, updates/upgrades, migrations, optimization and resolution efforts, backups, reporting, Confidential, patch management, custom Operating System Image Deployments (OSD) using MDT, App-V (virtual applications), software deployment, Desired Configuration Management, Endpoint Protection, Compliance Settings, packaging, software metering, mobile device management, SQL Reporting Services, Orchestrator, Azure Rights Management, Powershell DSC etc.)
- Expert SME in desktop, laptop and server OS imaging and deployments using a variety of technologies as well as packaging utilizing different tools (e.g. MDT 2008/2010/2013 , MDOP, Install Shield, AdminStudio, MBAM, BitLocker, USMT, SMS Installer, Wise, WMI, etc.). Also extensive experience with App-V and MSI package installations along with Vbscript, Visual basic, PowerShell, ASP.NET, VB.NET, Windows Scripting, etc.
- Experience with Windows XP to Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1,Windows 10 migration efforts using both SCCM, MDT and USMT technologies along with the engineering and analysis work involved
- Extensive installation, configuration and administration experience with Windows Server and Client operating systems (2012 R2, 2012, 2008 R2, 2008, 2003, 2000 and NT 4.0/3.51, Windows 8.1/8.0,10 Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows 95, etc.). Overall experience includes, but not limited to, security policies, features and roles adjustments, AD integration and management, AD group policies, Office and other application management, IP configuration management, VPN and s management, etc. Other notable experience includes virtualization (Hyper-V), VMWare (ESX, V-Sphere, Workstation), security, anti-virus, Server/Network hardware, RAID 5, clustering, load balancing, SANs, desktops, Laptops, scripting, and Microsoft tools, Penetration testing, Security Analysis etc.
- Experienced with Active Directory ( R2) architecture, implementation and administration (e.g. upgrades, migrations, new implementations, health analysis, break-fix, replication optimizations, etc.). Overall experience includes the support of DNS, WINS, DHCP, Global catalogs, domain controllers, Group Policies (GPOs), replication issues, multiple domains and/or forests, non-trust environments (forests, workgroups, etc.), PKI implementation (Root CA, Sub-CAs, s, etc.), security groups, OUs, FSMO roles, AD backups and recovery, Administration delegation, etc.).
- Experienced in SCOM 2012 R2 & 2007, Service Management Automation Stack (Orchestrator, Azure Automation, Service Management Automation) architecture, implementations and system administration including (e.g. large 5000+ environment monitoring support, server configurations, importing, tuning (overrides) and configuration of management packs (e.g. SMS, SQL, OS, etc.), creation of monitors, distributed applications, alert subscriptions, custom rules, reporting and dashboards, database administration, troubleshooting, etc.
- 10+ years of professional technical experience in the Information Systems industry including project management and team leadership and able to function well in fast-paced, high-pressure atmosphere, technically inclined and able to troubleshoot and quickly resolve technical issues. Experienced with SLA, Process improvements, Disaster Recovery planning and implementation, etc.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) in several BackOffice products (e.g. SCCM 2012/2007, SMS 2003, Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2012 , etc.) and former Novell Enterprise CNE
- Powershell DSC Scripting with Management Automation Stack (Orchestrator, Azure Automation, Service Management Automation
- Network and Systems Security Planning
- Research and Development
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Risk Assessment/Impact Analysis
- Cloud Computing/Automation
- Data Center Virtualization & Transformation
- Mobile Computing and integration
- Systems Administration and Engineering
- Operating System Deployment
- Enterprise Infrastructure Architecture
- Team Development
- Project Management
- Cross-functional Team Management
- Budgets & Expenditures
- Service Management Automation
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Lead Architect for Windows 7 to Windows 10 Current Branch 1703 Migration project, Ochestrating, Design, App, Engineering, Bench Marking, Communications, Security Analysis Etc
- Collaborating with business analysts, developers, and technical support teams to define project requirements and specifications
- Suggesting architectural improvements, design and integration solutions, and formulating methodologies to optimize solutions for the infrastructure in other areas
- Creating team strategies and establishing project scopes of work; communicate project deliverable timeframes and benchmarks to clients
- Analyze and define clients’ business strategy and determine system architecture requirements to achieve business goals
- Formulating strategic plans for component development to sustain future project objectives pertaining to Windows 10, VMware VDI Solution, SCCM,
- Gather detailed business requirements and use cases, and translate technical specifications into product requirements.
- Works closely with IT Managers, systems and network engineers, software developers and architects, third party vendors and telephony engineers to deliver robust and scalable infrastructure solutions, improve existing infrastructure capabilities and review and provide recommendations on new technologies
- Analyzing existing systems, processes and architectures to make recommendations for improvement
- Publishing white papers, technology articles, position papers, case studies and presents system architecture and solutions to technical and business audiences including executive management
- Partners with engineers to provide a consensus based scalable and adaptable architectural solution
- Determining customer requirements and designing VMware-based solutions architectures spanning VMware’s product portfolio from the vCloud Suite to the Horizon Suite to meet the functional and business requirements of a range clients of various sizes and across verticals.
- Develops accurate project schedules, and manage a feature through the entire development and release cycle
- Design, architect, and implement defensive security controls for Azure, Office365, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, Windows Hello/PKI, Windows 10 Enterprise, and Server 2016.
- Research and implement state-of-the-art protection technologies for the Windows platform, to include Virtualization-Based Security, Code Integrity, Device Guard, Exploit Guard
- Architecture and Design for Microsoft Security solutions with Windows Hello, AutoVPN, Device Guard, Exploit Guard, Windows defender with ATP
- Architecture and Design for Microsoft Profile Management solution UEV
- Perform security evaluations on new platforms, products, architectures, vendors, and services
- Manage and maintain endpoint security tooling.
- Work closely with other members of the Technical Operations team to determine and implement changes to the company's network defense posture.
- Experience with infrastructure automation platforms (e.g. Desired State Configuration, Packer, Terraform, etc.)
- Develop solutions for automated deployment and support virtualization solutions for cloud, servers, desktops, applications, hardware, and network architecture
- Systems deployment, operations, and monitoring for our infrastructure, including design and development of infrastructure automation. Hands-on troubleshooting of infrastructure, and architectural challenges using your existing knowledge and toolkits.
Senior Systems Architect
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Develops and implements a plan to achieve progressively greater automation of vulnerability remediation activities, increasing efficiency, reducing cost, and increasing security posture.
- Design, configure, administration, build, and support of the SCCM environments
- Design and implement business applications/packages into SCCM application framework; Assist engineering with SCCM Windows desktop OS deployment and automated build processes including performance tuning; Provide extensive troubleshooting in installation and configuration of SCCM; Design and implement Microsoft patching strategy for windows desktops
- Develop partnerships with key support, architecture, and engineering teams Design, implement and configure business profile management approach; Produce basic project plans, root cause analysis documents and report on progress to management; Diagnose SCCM desktop deployment issues and perform root cause analyses; Assisting the conversion of existing automated deployment tools and processes into SCCM; Participate in after-hours on-call rotation to provide support for SCCM; Collaborate with desktop, server, and network engineers, IT Security, and business analysts to deliver automated desktop deployment tools and process.
- Qualifications responsible for the design, implementation, management and support of end-user and endpoint technologies to support the business.
- Responsible for the creation, modification, testing and implementation of Workstation and Laptop Images and Task Sequences (and associated content including Drivers, Applications, Packages, Boot Images etc) for deployment via System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Responsible for Endpoint Security Compliance. Creation and management of SCCM Configuration Items and Compliance Baselines to monitor and remediate over 300 unique settings across 3 endpoint platforms (Workstation, Laptop and Embedded), Creation of custom PowerShell scripts for Configuration Items (e.g. querying WMI for User Rights Assignment, querying Event Logs and checking Service statuses).
- Working with vendors to assess, select and implement third-party tools/add-ons to complement the existing Systems Management infrastructure, including Secunia Corporate Software Inspector and the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager Client Remediation Service (PFE Remediation Agent).
- Working as part of a team to implement, migrate to and manage Office 365.
- Use of Microsoft PowerShell to develop toolsets and scripts to automate workflows (e.g. compliance reporting, Active Directory (AD) Organizational Unit (OU) migrations) and manage endpoints (e.g. remotely triggering Compliance Baseline evaluation, Windows Update status checks and GPO application status/results)
- Day-to-day monitoring and third-level support of SCCM infrastructure and clients in a global CAS/multiple Primary Site environment.
- Responsible for providing expert architectural, analysis and design consultancy and thought leadership for Microsoft Solutions at a senior level.
- Liaising with clients, team members, project managers and key business stakeholders to deliver successful projects.
- Responsible for defining solution offerings, go-to-market strategy and architectures and contributing to the development and ongoing improvement of MCPc’s industry best practices and standards for enterprise technologies.
- Managing both internal and contract resources and mentoring and providing technical leadership to team members.
- Technical Lead for Windows Xp to Windows 8.1 Migration for 15000 Brand New Systems
- Technical Lead for Windows 8,1 to Windows 10 Migration- In-Place Upgraded 16000 Systems and Support
- Technical Lead for Citrix Netscaler Gateway Implementation to Support Windows Environment
- Office 365 Implementation to Support Desktop environment Office 2016, AzureAD
- Hyper - V Implementation - BYOD
- Windows to Go Implementation - BYOD
- New Proxy Implementation Zscaler
- System Center Orchestrator Implementation for Automation of Tasks
Systems Management Engineer
- Builds and maintains standard desktop hardware and software configurations including workstation images and application packages to be used across the enterprise to ensure interoperability, standards and quality of desktop deployments using SCCM 2012 R2 integrated with MDT 2013.
- Migrating/Upgrading SCCM 2007 Environment to SCCM 2012 R2 Environment
- Develops SCCM 2007/2012 Custom Reports using SQL server 2012 R2 and Config Manager 2012 R2
- SCCM 2007/2012 R2 Infrastructure Monitoring
- Systems Administration and Engineering of Current SCCM 2012 R2 and SCCM 2007 Environment
- Deploy Patches using WSUS3.0/WSUS4.0
- Ensures the interoperability, standards and quality on all desktop deployments on supported Windows Desktop platforms.
- Assists with the implementation and support of significant initiatives including Software Change Management, VDI Deployment and Support, Hardware selection and deployment, and desktop operating system support and deployment to ensure successful outcomes
- Works with the Support Services Manager to maintain current hardware and desktop operating system standards as well as to ensure successful outcomes on key strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for researching and analyzing technical industry trends to formulate business relevant technology ideas that support BC s strategic plan and business objectives.
- Takes the lead on researching current technical trends. Keeps management and the Desktop team current on these trends
- Makes budgetary recommendations to management and assists with budget tracking to facilitate the corporate budgeting process.
- Works with the Support Services Manager to prepare annual budget and assists with monitoring on a monthly basis.
- Assists the team in resolution of issues submitted to the IT Service Desk to ensure effective operations and resolution
- Provides leadership and mentors less experienced team members on more complex issues on a daily basis.
- Creates long term strategies for the Desktop Team to ensure alignment with the organization and division s mission, goals and objectives
- Provide Support per Request TIER3/Other Support from Various Constituencies. Investigate and Troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Performs SCCM 2012 Administration and daily monitoring tasks
- Assist with monthly Windows Update deployment process to Windows servers and workstations within the organization via SCCM 2012
- Integrate packages and software deployments into SCCM distributions throughout the organization.
- Develop custom application packages and rewraps of existing vendor packages as necessary.
- Package integration with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2012 (SCCM) task sequences.
- Maintain and support corporate standard operating system build process with SCCM 2012 and MDT
- Develop custom application packages and rewraps of existing vendor packages as necessary.
- Handles Day to Day Data Backups using Veeam and DPM
- Administers firewall Security
- Administers Exchange 2010
- Strong knowledge of software architecture, security, and TCP/IP LAN and WAN technologies as well as configuring Cisco Switches.
- Extensive experience implementing and supporting products including: Active Directory, Exchange Server, SQL Server, SharePoint, Office 365, MAC OS X(Golden Triangle), IIS, SCCM 2012 R2, MDT 2013 Firewalls( Ciscoasa, Astaro Gateway ) etc
- Backup and restore: DPM, VEEAM, Backup Exec, Tape Library administration
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication skills
- Familiarity with Virtualization Environments to include large scale deployments and design for server, application and desktop virtualization. (eg VMware, Hyper v)
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities and strong sense of customer service.
Confidential, South Riding, VA
- Set-up workstations and laptops for new employees
- Installed, configured and upgraded operating systems and software applications
- Utilized my skills in troubleshooting to resolve hardware and software issues
- Ensured network connectivity
- Instructed users on new or upgraded computer applications and hardware.
- Frequently used initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines and procedures. Organized my own work, set priorities and met critical time deadlines.
- Communicated effectively with customers, co-workers, subordinates, superiors and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.