Highly self - motivated and results-driven professional with more than 7 years of providing high-performance AML and BSA compliance and regulatory enforcement. Detail-oriented, analytical and methodical with critical thinking to resolve work issues even under stressful work conditions. Well-organized with multitasking skills that optimize limited resources to achieve outstanding results. Strong people management and interpersonal communication skills that inspire confidence while forging teamwork synergies with colleagues.
- Investigative Research
- AML/BSA Remediation
- AML/BSA Lookback Review
- Policy and Regulatory Compliance
- OFAC Sanctions
- SAR Writing
- EDD, KYC, CDD
- International Trade Finance
- Capital Markets
- AML/BSA Audit
- Relationship Management (Customers, Public, & Suppliers)
- Total Quality Management
- Due Diligence
- Case Management
- Records & Document Management
- Manual Software Testing
Database Systems: Nice/Actimize, Detica/Norkom, LexisNexis, Accuity, World Check, CLEAR, Oracle Toad, Informatica Power Center, SAP Business Objects Teradata, Tableau, Fraud Guard, Data Verify, FISERV, Dun & Bradstreet, Kroll Data, Case Tracker, Pacer, & LPS, Factiva
OS: MS, AS400
Productivity Tools: MS Office
Internet: Email/Webmail, Web Research, & SharePoint Online Collaborative Computing
SENIOR BSA/AML SYSTEMS ANALYST
Confidential, SAN RAMON, CA
- Elicited business requirement from stakeholder, business owners and subject matter experts and convert into functional requirements.
- Performed source to target system mapping, gap analysis, data profiling, data cleaning, forward engineering, reverse engineering, verification and validation of requirements for data integration from Teradata to Oracle Enterprise Edition.
- Ensured data integration was compatible with Actimize (SAM) 8.5 enterprise system for generating monitoring and surveillance alerts.
- Work closely with developers to create Star Schemas.
- Wrote SQL queries on Oracle Toad database system, Teradata Data Warehouse and Informatica Power Center to extract and map data for enterprise data integration.
- Use SharePoint to store and house documents.
- Participated in numerous and varied meetings and strategy sessions (JAD, RAD) utilizing both Agile and Waterfall methodology.
- Confer with PM, SME and Stakeholders to gather technical requirements from multiple lines of Business (LOBs).
Confidential, ROWELL, GA
- Elicited business requirements from Stakeholders and translated into functional requirements.
- Performed analysis of current processes and recommended solutions for improved processes.
- Lowered marketing cost by 36% and improved target marketing by 51%.
- Used T-SQL to query SQL Server database to extract marketing data.
- Performed data analytics, performance metrics, created dashboards and data visualizations using Tableau.
- Generated marketing reports and presented best practice for market penetration.
Confidential, NEW YORK, NY
- Reviewed corporate documentation, legal documents, tax forms and other account opening paperwork/information for completeness and accuracy and entered relevant information in the client due diligence databases.
- Parsed and/or interpreted complex organizational and corporate structures for ownership percentage, subsidiary breakdown or merger activity to identify beneficial ownership.
- Accurately identified all potential and existing account relationships with Sanctioned Persons & Entities and Politically Exposed Persons (PEP).
- Completed renewal due diligence on existing clients/counter parties to ensure identification of changes in risk profile, including reputational and operational risk factors.
- Applied working knowledge of Dodd-Frank, FATCA, EMIR and. MiFID as part of the due diligence process.
Confidential, COLUMBUS, OH
- Participated on 3 separate AML/BSA teams based on client needs.
- Confidential Team: Reviewed and investigated cases and alerts generated by the Banks Confidential & Case Management System.
- Investigated and evaluated customer transaction patterns and account activity identified as potentially suspicious by the automated software system or manually received reports and referrals.
- Cleared or escalated alert and/or cases for further investigation and /or final disposition.
- KYC/EDD Team: Conducted periodic Know Your Customer (KYC) and Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) review documenting clients that pose greater than normal anti-money laundering risk to the Bank.
- Utilized the Bank’s various, diverse internal and external data systems and retrieval processes to gather evidence supporting a reasonable suspicion of money laundering or terrorist financing activities involving the Bank’s customers.
- SAR Writing Team: Prepared daily Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) in a timely manner for submission to FinCEN.
- Maintained a working knowledge of 22 data systems; Actimize, LexisNexis, CLEAR, Teradata, FISERV and Tableau to name a few.
PROJECT TEAM LEAD
Confidential, BIRMINGHAM, AL
- Effectively managed a group of Team Leads, who are responsible for teams of their own.
- Provide a structure for documentation, tracking and resolution of issues that arise from various Team Leads.
- Worked closely with Cypress Director of Operations as well as Client BSA/AML Management, to ensure that all issues are addressed and consistency is achieved.
- Participated in or lead weekly team meetings with the Cypress team.
- Performed Quality Assurance Enhanced Due Diligence review of associates alerts and case files of high risk domestic and foreign customers.
- Ensured account transactions were parsed using excel macros and pivot tables, OFAC screening and negative news search of beneficial owners, signers and counter parties coupled with third party, internet and public record searches were conducted and all findings were meticulously documented in Norkom Case Management System and SharePoint.
Confidential, NEWARK, NJ
- Managed risk based monitoring of transactions and alerts on customer accounts for a European Correspondent Bank whose footprint is high risk customers in high risk jurisdictions.
- Reviewed alerts of level 1 Confidential analysts to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Guided analysts in recognizing suspicious transactions, patterns or trends. Including but not limited to velocity, various types of IVTS, under/over invoicing and nested correspondent wire transfers.
- Ensured data was accurately collected, documented and supported the investigation decision to close or continue monitoring account.
- Confirmed disposition of all alerts, supporting data and decision rationale were uploaded into the Norkom case management system in a timely manner.
Confidential, JACKSONVILLE, FL
- Participated in gap analysis to identify missing or inadequate processes or procedures.
- Served as liaison with company subject matter experts and business stakeholders on business requirements. Developed a strong partnership with all system/application stakeholders from various business units.
- Performed functional requirement gathering and analysis with SME and stakeholders ensuring that requirements are complete, consistent, concise, and comprehensive.
- Garnered valuable insight and understanding of the company’s business process and how it translates to IT’s vision and strategy.
- Performed software testing of system application changes and participated in user acceptance testing (UAT) for operations team, business units and IT department.
Confidential, ALEXANDRIA, VA
- Contributor in writing the Safety and Soundness Examination Manual for the National Credit Union Administration.
- Served as subject matter expert on government regulations and agency rules; specifically, but not limited to: BSA/AML, Dodd-Frank, CFPB.
- Collaborated with various department stakeholders (Legal, Regulatory and Compliance) to gather business requirements.
- Worked in partnership with other team members in the discovery, analysis, validation and documentation of functional requirements.
- Established best practice standards for conducting Credit Union examination as it pertains to their: Operational Risk, Training, Internal Controls, Monitoring and Corrective Action.
- Developed minimum acceptable standards in evaluating a credit union’s compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Performed manual software testing by writing test scenarios and test cases for the Confidential ’s Automated Integrated Regulatory Examination System (AIRES).
- Liaised between technical team and business stakeholders in software user acceptance testing (UAT).
SENIOR COMPLIANCE INVESTIGATOR
Confidential, LAKE MARY, FL
- Reviewed, analyzed, and made quick accurate decisions on cases flagged for fraud.
- Analyzed various notifications and escalations to identify fraud trends and patterns.
- Exhibited a keen eye for details, a pedant for accuracy and strong critical thinking skills coupled with sound judgment in dealing with limited and conflicting information.
- Utilized various internal and external fraud investigation tools to clearly and thoroughly document investigation findings and conclusions.
- Maintained acceptable levels for case production volume in a fast pace environment with frequently changing priorities.
SENIOR COMPLIANCE INVESTIGATOR
Confidential, LAKE MARY, FL
- Participated in a lookback review of customers past account transactions; researched past alerts and cases.
- Ensured data was accurately collected and documented (i.e. transaction file).
- Leveraged understanding of AML risk standards in analyzing data to assess reasonable cause for escalation.
- Resolved issues around previous no SAR decision on closed cases and current decision to prepare SAR.
- Deliberated on corrections or differences in case disposition with the relevant members of the Look-back team.
- Utilized SQL to perform data manipulation techniques and analysis of internal database.
SENIOR COMPLIANCE INVESTIGATOR/UNDERWRITER
Confidential, LAKE MARY, FL
- Underwrote 1-4 family residential loans.
- Ensured all loans were following Confidential guidelines and the CFPB.
- Performed forensic audit on consumer loan portfolio assessed with complex allegations of fraud and/or money laundering activity.
- Analyzed data to detect deficiency in transaction components that indicate a potential for fraud and/or money laundering activity.
- Examined books, records, procedures, performances, and controls for fraud, errors, or deficiencies.
- Responded resourcefully to fraud indicators to resolve conflicts between allegations and facts.
- Prepared audit reports outlining the scope of each audit conducted and its results; recommended corrective measures as necessary.
- Prepare Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) where evidence of fraud or suspicious activity was identified.
SENIOR COMPLIANCE ANALYST
Confidential, LAKE MARY, FL
- Managed fraud and money laundering case investigations and perform analysis from beginning to completion .
- Examined know your customer (KYC), customer identification program (CIP) and customer due diligence (CDD) documents for completeness .
- Performed ongoing customer due diligence (CDD) for low and medium risk customers and counterparties.
- Performed enhanced due diligence (EDD) on high risk customers and business entities to authenticate beneficial ownership and material and non-material politically exposed person (PEP) risk exposure .
- Conducted OFAC sanctions screening and negative news search on customers and counterparties .
- Submitted suspicious activity reports (SAR) to compliance officer where fraud or suspicious activity was detected.