- Quality/Business Analyst with 6+years of experience in business process analysis/modeling, business requirements gathering, database design and development of Web Based, and Client/Server applications.
- Proficient in business process modeling, documentation, and testing using Rational Suite (Rational Rose, RequisitePro, SoDA, ClearQuest, Robot) as well as MS Visio and MS Project in combination with UML 2.0 diagramming techniques.
- In - depth knowledge of creating use case, activity, logical, component and deployment views with rational tools to extract business process flows and workflows thereby helping development and quality assurance teams in understanding the requirements.
- Results-oriented Joint Application Development (JAD) Facilitator and meetings coordinator with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in the EPIC Medical software application (EMR).
- Knowledgeable of HL7 Messaging protocols.
- Extensive experience in all phases of RUP and SDLvisionC processes
- Assisted in SOX and Six Sigma Procedures
- Analytical, methodical, and resourceful approach to problem solving, identifying and documenting root causes and corrective actions
- Performed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements
- Expertise in broad range of technologies, including business process tools such as Microsoft Project, Primavera, MS Access, MS Visio, technical assessment tools, Data Warehousing concepts and web design and development.
- Experience in Change Management Process (Identify, Analyze, Evaluate, Plan, Implement, Review and Close).
- Strong oral and exceptional written business communication skills
- Hard working, positive thinking, self starter with a strong goal orientation
- Excellent meetings facilitator with excellent inter-personal and conflict resolving skills.
- Proven success as a business analyst through the years, providing a well-balanced understanding of business relationships, business requirements, and technical solutions.
Confidential, Irvine, TX
- Played key role in System Development Life Cycle Process consisting of: Design and Gap Analysis, Business Requirements, Systems Requirements, Test Criteria, and Implementation to have the outputs of project dealt with the automation of correspondence directed to Insurance policy owners.
- Correspondence included solicitation letters, financial transaction confirmations, and quarterly and annual policy statements.
- Coordinated participation and sign-off of various business partners and customers.
- Created business requirement documents and integrated the requirements and underlying platform functionality.
- Used knowledge of Health Care Information Systems EMR model to develop proposed workflow in MS Visio.
- Conduct complex documentation and user needs analysis. Interface with team and staff to develop HL7 integration.
- Developed HL7 messaging for bi-directional case and disease report exchange, in text and XML formats, in accordance with HL7 specifications;
- Conducted Functional Walkthroughs, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), and supervised the development of User Manuals for customers.
- Interfaced between Business new product builders and System platform builders.
- Worked with systems area to translate business needs into system requirements.
- Made sure the test cases and test process guarantee accountability to business and systems requirements.
- Extensively involved in data modeling
- Data mapping, logical data modeling, created class diagrams and ER diagrams and used SQL queries to filter data within the Oracle database
- Gathered requirements and modeled the data warehouse and the underlying transactional database
- Perform Gap Analysis of the processes to identify and validate requirements.
- Identified/documented data sources and transformation rules required populating and maintaining data warehouse content.
- Involved in the testing phase right from the Unit testing to the User Acceptance testing.
- Used SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) methodologies like the RUP and the waterfall.
- Successfully conducted JAD sessions, which helped synchronize the different stakeholders on their objectives and helped the developers to have a clear-cut picture of the project.
- Use Cases and other Process Flow Models were designed using Visio and Rational Rose.
- Involved in jobs and analyzing scope of application, defining relationship within & between groups of data, Star Schema etc
- Followed the UML based methods using Rational Software Modeler/MS Visio to create: Use Cases, Activity Diagrams / State Chart Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, and Collaboration Diagrams.
- Tuned the batch programs and online transactions to alleviate performance problems.
- Developed & executed several Optimized queries in SQL on this data.
Environment: RUP, UAT, GAD (Gap Analysis Document), Microsoft Office 2003 Professional (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Access), Microsoft SharePoint 2003.
Sr. Business Analyst
- Extensive experience in Conducting Market Research, Feasibility Studies, Data Analyses, System Analyses, Gap Analyses, and Risks Analyses.
- Gathering market data including real time and historical price data, financial data, and trading news using financial data source named Bloomberg.
- Responsible for gathering requirements from users in operations group and performing data mapping for the application, confirm and vacillating the requirement at time of BA testing.
- Solid Experience in developing Scope/Vision Documentation and Project Plan, as well as tracking Project Process, and manage resources to ensure successful delivery
- Deep understanding the Business Flow of Investment Banking, and extensively involved in Portfolio management and analyses, Mutual Funds, Securities trading.
- Developed test plans with QA team and helped test every scenario using Mercury TestDirector Tool for system testing
- Efficient use of MS Project for planning and status reporting.
- Deep understanding of Structured System Development Methodologies
- Collaborated with External Auditors and documented SOX compliance requirements
- Assisted Project Management in developing Scope/ Vision Documentation and Project Plan, tracking project process, and developed Risk Mitigation Plan
- Extensive success in translating business requirements and user expectations into detailed specifications employing Unified Modeling Language (UML) in an SOA environment.
- Researched, Analyzed, designed, developed Java Web Services Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Worked extensively in Data Analysis, Data Reconciliation and Data Mapping for ETL process
- Used MS Visio for Process modelling and Business Process flow diagrams.
- Facilitated mini JAD sessions to assess and refine business, functional and system requirements for TANF, Food Stamp and Child Care program enhancements/development
- Met with stakeholders to identify requirements to modify Federal TANF reporting system.
- Used SoftTest software with pseudo code to ensure test cases covered all branches of project's code impacting the system. (The system is an IBM mainframe based system that contains the master set of customer information used to bill customers.)
- Set up market data including zero curves, correlation matrices, dividend curves, etc., and the underlying financial instruments and then set up derivatives pricing parameters and trade capture options that drive the valuation of trades based on the market data to configure and test the system
- Ensured that the Reference data repository was setup in case of emergency or unavailability of data.
- Solid experience in calculation of the Greeks (Delta, Gamma, Vega, Theta and Rho) in the simulation test of the system.
- Solid Experience in Collection, analyses, and documentation of User Requirements, as well as Organizing interviews, User meetings, workshops, JAD sessions and requirement elicitation sessions
- Proficient in creating Use Cases, Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams etc.
- Expertise in development of High level design, Conceptual design, Logical and Physical design for Database, Data warehousing and many Distributed IT systems
- Assisted business users in identifying functional gaps, and developed detailed FSD for the gap
- Developed test plans with QA team and helped to develop test cases for system testing, integration testing and performance testing.
- Conducted UAT to confirm that all derivative products can successfully processed during the trade life cycle
Environment: Rational Requisite Pro, Clear Quest, Diamond, Facets, ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#, SQL SERVER 2000, IIS, XML, Mainframes TSO, JCL, DB2, MS Visio, Cobol, CICS, MQ Series, Facets, Lotus Notes, SOAP UI,UNIX, Windows 2000, Mercury Quick Test Pro*, Quality Center.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
- Exclusively worked on Bridges Regional Error Correction Application for Error Correction process in EPIC
- Manually tested the BREC application in TEST environment and worked in Production environment. Worked on errors made by doctors in hospitals on Orders, H & P, Notes
- Bridges is an EPIC Interface application. Bridges is the Interface that allow HL7 messages to be sent out and to be accepted by EPIC
- Strong understanding of FACETS and Facets Data Model working on data model and data extracts.
- Experienced working in Facets online modules such as Billing, Provider, Claims and Membership modules.
- Monitore all EM componenets throught E-Gate monitore where all components interfaces connectected to central e-gate tool. Monitore all coponents ORM, ORD, Contex based ADT, Bridges Tables, ambulatory clinical work flows through system, Results of lab, Syngo Dynamics, Radiology, Muse Holter, Agfa, Sunquest Lab Results etc manage through In Bound and Out Bound Epic. Make sure EHR & EMR, ADT, PID, OBR, OBX, Providers ID (Varified through NPI Lookup) are correct.
- Extensively worked with other Business Team / Units to resolve issues. Coordinated with other team members on issues as-needed
- Worked on error of different regions like East, West, and Central regions. Central comprise of Medina and Ashtabula county hospitals. East comprise of Euclid, Lakewood, Marymount Hospitals. West comprise Fairview, Lakewood, Lutheran, Marymount Hospitals
- Extensively worked on EPIC interface engine for Orders from EPIC and Results from LAB System, Radiology System, Pharmacy System
- Errors get loaded to the EPIC system, BREC team resolves the errors and corrects the errors in EPIC
- ADT, ORU Delete and Process Reports were tested in all regions. MED Image Reports were also tested in all regions
- Worked exclusively on Reconcile Reports to match the data in both systems (In EPIC and Invision systems)
- Logged issues in EPIC defect tracking system called Sherlock and discussed the issues in daily and weekly status meeting
Environment: MS Project, MS Visio, RUP, Rational Suite (RequisitePro, ClearQuest, ClearCase), Blueprint, ETS and EDI ANSI X12/HIPAA. Meditech, Soarian
Confidential, Jefferson City MO
- Participated in the analyzing and understanding the business requirements. Worked with the Business Users to understand the existing process.
- Developed the Uses cases by analyzing the various scenarios and documented the Use case Document.
- Worked on the GUI, user profile, created workflow processes documentation & charts.
- Developed the test plan and designed the test strategy.
- Implemented the Agile Software Development Life Cycle throughout the Project.
- Created LOINC/SNOMED Vocabulary Mapping based on Missouri Reportable Conditions.
- Tested the HL7 ORU R01 Version 2.5.1 to receive messages from HL7 ORU R01 version 2.3.1.
- Gathered the Requirements for Enhancement of Electronic Lab Reporting Dashboard and implemented the timely status/error messages in the Dashboard
- Designed a Document of Identifying and marking outbound laboratory results to public health entity to be accommodated on the Websurv.
- Testing of HL7 Message Validation and sending of ADT Messages like ADT A01, ADT A04 and ADT A08.
- Created a Data Dictionary Mapping the Reportable Health Conditions with LOINC/SNOMED codes and Master Data Management Documents.
- Participated in JAD Sessions with SME’s and Business Users for gathering the requirements.
- Created error/ defect reports and communicated with developers and application owners for application defect tracking & resolution
- Support the Business Configuration Team (BCT) for creation of FACETS Group, Subgroup and class for Individual HMO On/ Off Exchange and Individual PPO On/Off Exchange for HCR in Facets Front end.
- Analyzed and studied the technical, structural and data content changes for EDI transaction sets 834 (Enrollment and Maintainace), 837 (Professional, Institutional and Dental Claims) and 835 (Claim Payment/Advice).
- Document Confidential Configuration Process including Exchange Rules, Delinquency Definition and Confidential Eligible Indicator.
- Developed test scripts and test cases to test the eligibility as well as provider side of the delinquency implementation.
- Worked on developing the business requirements and use cases for FACETS batch processes; automating the billing entity and commission process
- Setting up Fee Definition and Fee Calculation in FACETS for QHP Individuals, Grandfathered/ Transitional Small Group, QHP Small Group and Large Groups
- Involved in Testing of the various results generated by the reports against the data present in the database tables and used UAT on that data involving the users.
- Work with the Cross-Functional teams to proactively automate the applications. Maintained the Requirements Traceability Matrix and also conducted the Gap Analysis to and also maintain and review test metrics/results/KPIs for analysis and audit purpose.
- Provided functional inputs to the software development team, to enable them understand the role of the software in the business process of the client.
- Wrote SQL Queries to extract data from the SQL Server Databases.
- Designed and implemented basic SQL queries for QA testing and report / data validation.
- Worked extensively with the QA team for designing Test Plan and Test Cases for the User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in manual testing and UAT with the development team and QA team.
- Assisted the Test lead with estimations and also got the opportunity to work with the project manager in preparing the project schedules, milestone tracking, and resource allocation
Environment: MS Windows, Quality Center, Rhapsody version 2.3.1, 2.5.1,HL7, SQL, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Office (PowerPoint, MS Word, MS EXCEL), Web 2.0, SQL, Oracle, SDLC, Agile, MS-Project2010.