- 6+ years of experience in complete lifecycle (gathering Business Users Requirements, System Analysis, Design map, Data Modeling, Development, Testing) of Business Intelligence and Data warehousing Informatica ETL Tools.
- Expertise in providing business intelligence solutions by configuring metadata and map, building Analytics Repository, dimensional modeling design, building business models, generating reports, and creating Interactive Dashboards using Oracle OBIEE/BI Answers to Develop Metadata objects Subject Area, Table, Column, Presentation Services/Web Catalog objects (Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports), Scheduling iBots or Schedulers.
- Expertise in configuring various analytics for Finance, Telecommunication, Pharmaceutical, Insurance and Distributing Sectors.
- Expertise in OLTP/OLAP System Study, Analysis and developing Database Schemas like Star schema and Snowflake schema using OBIEE Administration tool.
- Expertise in Business Model development with various functionalities like Dimensions, Hierarchies, Measures, Aggregation Rules, Time Series, CachingMapping,Usagetracking,convertingSnow - Flake Schema to Star Schema, Dim Hierarchies, Dim Extensions, Physical and Logical Data Modeling.
- Developed many Reports / Dashboards with different analytics view (Drill-Down / Dynamic, Cascading Style Sheets, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector, Tabular with global and local Filters) using BI Answers/Publisher.
- Worked with Oracle Utilities like Toad, Putty and expertise in SQL * Loader, SQL, PL/SQL and Shell scripting, MS Word, Visio for documentations and diagrams, and Excel spreadsheets.
- Expertise in implementing the Oracle BI / OBIEE Security Setup (groups, data access/query privileges), Metadata Objects and Web Catalog Objects (Dashboard, Pages, Folders, Reports).
- Very good in Debugging, Optimizing and Performance Tuning of Oracle BI/OBIEE Dashboards/ Reports to improve performance at Database.
- Experience in extracting data from Oracle EBS, PeopleSoft, OLTP, flat files and integration and loading data to OLAP systems.
- Extensive experience in Oracle Back-end (server-side) PL/SQL Development like. Packages, Stored procedures, Functions, Triggers using SQL Developer and Toad as development tools.
- Good Team player and an individual contributor with steep learning curve and good interpersonal
Reporting Tools: OBIEE 11g/ 10.1.3.x, Siebel Analytics, Oracle BI Apps
ETL: Informatica 9.x/8.x (PowerCenter and PowerMart)
Scheduling Tool: Data Warehouse Administration Console (DAC)
ERP: Oracle EBS, Peoplesoft, Siebel CRM
DBMS/RDBMS: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, Microsoft Access 2000/XP, MS SQL Server 200/2010
Languages: PL/SQL, SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, C, C++, Java Script
Tools: TOAD, SQL * Plus, SQL developer, Putty
Operating Systems: Windows 2008/Me/NT/XP/VISTA, MS-DOS, UNIX, LINUX
Other Software: MS-Office, Adobe Photoshop, HTML and DHTML
Confidential, Cary, NC
Sr OBIEE Developer
- Analyzed the business and built POCs to showcase to the higher management
- Worked with business to discuss their KPIs to design the model
- Created and administered the Physical Layer, Business Model and Mapping Layer and Presentation Layer in Siebel Analytics Repository using Siebel Analytics Administration Tool
- Established and followed processes for OBIEE access requests, new report requests, report changes, and other ongoing maintenance
- Configured OBIEE's writeback functionality to give users the ability to define attributes in the model
- Worked with Oracle Support to work around an issue with OBIEE's writeback feature
- Responsible for unit testing, integration testing of the reports generated
- Conducted detailed UAT sessions for the users specific to their requirements
- Performed patch builds of rpd to perform migrations between the Development, Quality Assurance, and User Acceptance and the Production environments
- Created AD Groups and assigned appropriate roles to them to cater security
- Allotted appropriate data level and object level access to the users
- Troubleshot the process or production issues and resolved the problems
- Trained the end users (one-one and classroom) on reporting using BI Answers
- Reported to the manager with weekly and monthly project status report
Environment: OBIEE 184.108.40.206.1, ODI 12.1.3, Oracle 11g, SQL*plus, PL/SQL, Windows 7
- Work with end users to understand business process of Confidential and gather requirements for the necessary reports.
- Design, develop and implement OBIEE user interface objects (e.g. reports, analytics, ad-hoc queries, dashboards).
- Analysis of business requirement to define KPIs (Key Performance Indicator).
- Designed the RPD and defined the Subject Areas, Customized Oracle BI Repository defining Physical Data Layer and developed Business Model and Presentation Layer using Administration Tool.
- Created numerous executive level reports in BI Answers, 'Dashboards' were generated to provide insight into the financial data.
- Designed Schema/Diagrams using Fact, Dimensions, Physical, Logical, Alias and Extension tables.
- Created different types of Customized Reports Drilldown, Aggregation to meet client requirements.
- Built Business model and established relationships & Foreign Keys Physical & Logical between tables.
- Generated various Analytics Reports in BI Answers using global and local filters.
- Added users and configured security in WebLogic console of OBIEE 11g.
- Managed security privileges for each subject area and dashboards according to user requirements
- Create groups for different users to provide suitable securities for different dashboards and reports, Managed day-to-day rpd, Scheduler and iBots.
- Customized and developed RPD (Physical, Business model and Presentation Layer), configured metadata objects and Web Catalog Objects.
- Developed Reports / Dashboards with different Analytics Views, Drill-Down / Dynamic, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector, with global and local filter, using Oracle BI Presentation Services.
- Designed the layout for different dashboards and reports using BI Answers.
- Analysis of business requirement to define KPIs (Key Performance Indicator).
- Worked with different groups in organization to understand their business requirement and give valuable suggestions for reports and dashboards.
- Created Dimensional Hierarchy, Level based Measures and Aggregate navigation in BMM layer.
Environment: OBIEE/BI 11g/10, Web Logic Server, Informatica 9.0.1, Oracle 220.127.116.11, SQL, PL/SQL, DAC, TOAD, SQL* Plus, Unix, Windows XP.
- Worked with Business People for gathering requirements, Identified Analytics Report Requirements Configured and extensively used BI Answers to develop Schedulers and iBots.
- Expertise in Data Analysis, Performing Gap Analysis, Identification of dimensions, type-1, type-2 and type-3, Facts & aggregate tables, Measures and Hierarchies.
- Worked on repository Physical Data Layer, Business Model and Mapping Layer and Presentation Layer using OBIEE Administration Tool
- Developed and debugged many Dashboards using different Analytics Views (Pivot Table, Chart, and Column Selector), Dynamic / Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities, charts, tabular using BI Answers.
- Implemented Financials Subject Area in OBIEE Presentation Layers and re-created Webfocus Reports in BI Answers with Additional functionality of Drill down, Navigation, Narratives and showcased the data in Tabular and Pivot reports along with Charts and Graphs.
- Developed various Dimensions and Time Series Objects with Security settings for analyzing Customized and developed repository, configured metadata objects (Subject Area, Table, Column) and Web Catalog Objects Obiee Analytics Admin Tool to set up users, groups, access privileges and query privileges
- Created Dimensional Hierarchy, Level based Measures and Aggregate navigation in BMM layer, configured charts, pivot table views, filters in user interface.
- Configured Global Filters and Prompts BI Analytics Web.
- Developed aggregated fact tables using the content tab and fragmentation.
- Worked on BI Answers to build Interactive Dashboards with drill-down capabilities
- Implemented security by creating roles & web groups, External tables and LDAP
- Debugged reports and Dashboards in BI Answers and visibility with respect to user’s responsibility and web groups in an integrated environment
- Assisted in creation of pivot table request allowing manager to analyze the business from different perspectives provided optimized Analytics request using column selector
- Involved with the Testing team to resolve, fixing and testing problems found during the Systems integration test, UAT Phases.
Environment: OBIEE/BI 11g,10g, UNIX Shell scripts, Oracle 10g, Informatica, UNIX, PL*SQL, TOAD
- Written PL/SQL stored procedures, triggers and packages to retrieve relevant information from Various tables into intermediate tables, Performance Tuning
- Assisted the MIS team in writing complex queries, PL/SQL scripts and database triggers.
- Created DCL scripts for file transfers, SQL Loading and calling the PL/SQL scripts to validate the source rows.
- Making regular changes in the existing Forms Screens and Sales report experience
- Crystal Reports based in the User requirement.
- Written scripts to submit automated batch jobs in DCL to run end-of-day processes automatically
- Involved in creating indexes and table partitions.
- Worked on ETL to get data from Oracle 7.x server to Oracle 9i Database.
- Converted the .txt files received from WW.com into Oracle database tables by kicking off SQL*LOADER scripts Written test plans and performed testing of scripts and packages with test database.
- Worked extensively on tuning SQL queries and database modules for optimum performance.
- Report formatting experience with SQR
Environment: Oracle 9i databases, SQL, Crystal, PL/SQL TOAD, UNIX Shell Scripting, Java, .NET, JSP, HTML, Java script, VB, Oracle Discoverer, Putty
Application Development Support
- Sun Solaris/HP UNIX experience including Sun Solaris 8/HP UNIX, Oracle (8.1.X) installation on Sun Solaris/HP UNIX, User management and Unix Shell scripting.
- Working with atlhtdw7 development server to modify Unix shell scripting using putty
- Working with plsh1029 production server and responsible for support India production team.
- Created Indexes and sequences to improve performance
- Created database links to move data from one database to another.
- Business Analysis and Requirements Gathering.
- Developed User Interface using Forms 6i
- Responsible for porting the data into the oracle database tables using SQL*Loader
- Performed extensive SQL tuning and optimization on views and queries
- Provide all necessary logical and physical data modeling DDL (SQL Data Definition Language) code to data architecture and database administration teams as required to develop and support the data repository.
- Export or Import data from other data sources like flat files using SQL Loader
- Performance tuning of sources, targets and SQL queries by reviewing the explain plans.
- Worked on Database Modeling and developed Backend Procedures
- To analyze long running slow queries and tune the same to optimize application and system performance.
- Responsible for Project Analysis, design and development. Various Procedures and Queries was build using Oracle PL/SQL and other Query Building Tools like TOAD to in corporate the specifications lay down by the Eligibility.
- Created complex queries, PL/SQL scripts and database triggers.
- Using PL/SQL Dynamic procedures during Package creation.
- PL/SQL Coding and SQL tuning throughout the development wherever needed.
- Extensively worked with reporting tools Crystal, Sqr Reports
Environment: Oracle 9i databases, SQL, Crystal, PL/SQL TOAD, UNIX Shell Scripting, Java, .NET Servlets, JSP, HTML, Java script, SQL, VB Oracle Discoverer, Putty