HRIS Applications: ORACLE E - Business Suite, ADP HRB, ASPEN (Training Database), SAP SHARP, SAP LIS
Applicant Tracking Systems: Red Carpet, Hire Bridge
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Human Resources Coordinator
- Provided exceptional customer service to over 500 internal customers in resolving benefits and payroll issues.
- Streamlined the on boarding process for new hires to ensure a smooth transition.
- Facilitate new hire orientation, process pertinent new hire documents.
- Utilized SHARP and LIS SAP systems to research maintain and update current and former employee’s records.
- Advised line managers on the following HR administration processes: recruitment, employee events (pay, position changes) involuntary and voluntary separations.
- Interfaced with Local Union Business Leader and the Union Pension fund in the preparation of union employee’s retirement and union dues payroll deductions.
- Proctored standardized testing for electricians and mechanic candidates. Grade tests and forward results to hiring officials.
- Responsible for the redesign and layout of the employee’s self service kiosks.
- Participated in interview panels and company sponsored events.
- Facilitated the lesson outlined and described in the plans/guide which was provided by the absent teacher.
- Assumed responsibility for overseeing the student’s behavior in class, during lunch and recess periods, and during fire and other safety drills.
- Documented in a written report to the absent teacher of activity or behavior that required immediate attention upon their return.
- Adhered to all policies, rules and procedures of the assigned school.
Human Resources Generalist
- Utilized Oracle - E Business Suite to enter new hires, maintain and correct current employee’s records.
- Processed salary increases, payroll, terminations, organizational and accounting changes.
- Tracked new hires and forward required new hire documentation via Red Carpet.
- Conducted on boarding and facilitated new hire orientation.
- Completed employment verifications and unemployment claims in a timely manner.
- Generated various human resources reports.
- Assisted employees with payroll and benefit inquiries.
- Provided excellent customer service to both internal and external customers by addressing their concerns in a timely manner.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills to address diverse audiences.
Human Resources Generalist
- Recruited for various entry level and management technical positions for both wireless and wireline telecommunication divisions.
- Prescreened and presented candidates for a variety of vacancies: Central Office Installers, BISCI Installers, Electrical/Power Engineers, Construction Managers, Project Coordinators, Project Managers, Accounting, Desktop Support, Logistic Clerks, and Marketing Coordinator.
- Responsible for full cycle recruitment to new hire orientation.
- Researched and assisted with the establishment of a compensation salary scale for professional and administrative positions.
- Created position descriptions.
- Maintained an open dialogue with senior management in regards to their staffing needs.
- Attended career fairs and military transition assistance programs (TAP).
- Served as a point of contact for staffing firms. Provided our expectations and job requirements, discuss desired bill rates, and mediated lines of communication between the hiring manager and the external recruiter to eliminate confusion.
- Assisted employees with their benefit questions and escalate issues to the appropriate staff.
- Coordinated and facilitated open enrollment sessions with benefit vendors and employees for three divisions: Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia.
- Completed exit interviews of resigned employees.
- Administered separation packages for staff that were impacted by Reduction in Force and responded to all inquiries in regards to severance packages.
- Coordinated company sponsored training for both administrative and technical positions.
- Participated in administrative staff and senior management meetings.
Human Resources Generalist
- Recruited for security cleared non cleared technical and administrative positions: Intel Analysts, Program Managers, Project Managers, Product Managers, Software Engineer/Developer, Certified Information Security Professional, Information Systems Security Engineer, Information Assurance, Information System Security Officer. Administrative Positions: Accounts Payable, Contract Specialist, Receptionist, Technical Recruiter.
- Forwarded to potential software engineer and developer candidates the required pre-screen testing.
- Scheduled interviews and extended job offers to selected candidates.
- Managed all company sponsored and voluntary benefits: high deductible health plans, dental, vision, health spending, dependent care, flexible spending accounts, life, accidental death and disbursement insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement, paid time off.
- Completed unemployment insurance claims and process short-term disability claims.
- Assisted eligible employees with the company sponsored relocation process and tuition reimbursement program. Managed the company sponsored relocation program and ensured that we were in compliance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation.
- Facilitated new hire orientation and benefits open enrollment
- Assisted with enhancing the voluntary employee benefits by adding for Open Enrollment 2012: AFLAC, Tower Federal Credit Union, and Long Term Care Insurance for employees, spouses and immediate family members
- Prepared, presented and distributed employee communications, publications and announcements.
- Served as back up to the Human Resources Director.
Human Resources Generalist
- Utilized Confidential to source candidates for the following: Accountant, Auditor, Payable Technician, Agency Fiscal Officer, Senior Accountant, Payroll Specialist, Budget Analyst, Budget Officer, Customer Service Specialist, Marketing Coordinator, and Staff Assistant.
- Participated in panel interviews and special projects during reduction in force with positions that were being abolished.
- Provided consultation services to assigned agencies on the following: benefits, recruitment and staffing, position and classification, and compensation.
- Verified international educational degrees by utilizing Confidential to ensure that candidate meets the minimum qualifications for specific positions.
- Determined qualifications requirements and eligibility of internal and external applicants.
- Addressed and corrected outstanding annual leave and retirement issues in Confidential by manually calculating service computation dates.
- Recruited for the following divisions: Transportation Management Center Operations Patrol, Traffic Control Officers and School Crossing, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Integration and Development, and ITS System Support.
- Utilized Confidential to source for internal and external candidates for open vacancies: Engineers, Roadside Safety Patrol Technicians, Traffic Control Officers, Safety Technicians (School Crossing Guards) Administrative Staff, Project/Program Manager, and various management positions.
- Coordinated and participated in job fairs. Collaborated with Confidential and other community based organizations to host career fairs.
- Managed the budget for the School Crossing Guard, Traffic Control Officers, Traffic Management, and Intelligent Transportation System Division.
- Conducted classification reviews and revised job descriptions as required.
- Filled 150 vacant School Crossing Guards under a short recruitment cycle. Utilized a wide range of recruitment methods to generate candidates, including: Internet postings, internal and external networking, job fairs and referral programs.
- Resolved and processed outstanding pay adjustments for 75 plus employees. Established a strong working relationship with key agencies to ensure that retroactive pay was received in a timely manner.
- Successfully coordinated and facilitated training for over a 100 employees in Confidential Employee Self Service and electronic time entry within a thirty day period
- Maintained a healthy working relationship with the local unions that represented the two largest workforces (School Crossing Guard and Traffic Control Officers).
Human Resources Specialist
- Utilized Confidential as an applicant tracking system to source candidates participated in city wide job fairs.
- Conducted and facilitated training to prospective job applicants on the following: resume writing, applying for positions via Confidential and responding to ranking factors.
- Served as a proctor in the annual fire fighter promotional examiners test and screened applicants during the FEMS job fair.
- Responded to FIOA requests.
- Served as Exam Official for the Fire Fighters promotional exams and as an intake official for the nationwide job search for entry level Firefighter vacancies.