I possess over 17 years Information Technology (IT) experience in the private and public sectors. My wide spectrum of IT - related skills includes, managing/configuring Amazon Web Services. In addition, my wealth knowledge of Open Source Web Development and Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), will prove to be invaluable within my current and future positions.
Platforms: LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP), Opensuse 13.2, CentOS 6.5, CentOS 7, Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, WAMP stack (Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP), Windows, Windows Server 2008, Amazon Web Services, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Service (S3), Rational Database Service (RDS), Route 53, Cloud Formation, Simple Notification Service (SNS), Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), Auto Scaling, Virtual Box, Shiny Server, Tomcat7, Docker
Software: Laravel framework, Sugarcrm 6.5.* PRO, Sugarcrm 6.5.* CE, Drupal 7.*, Drupal 8.* Dreamweaver, Notepad ++, Fireworks, Photoshop, Winscp, Phpmyadmin, Toad, Putty, Tortoise Subversion, GIT, Fusion Charts, Highcharts, ARCGIS, Google Earth Pro, Microsoft Office, Sharepoint, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Acquia Dev Desktop, Passpack, Crashplan Pro, Nessus, SouceTree, Google Authenticator, New Relic, Hyperspin, Bamboo, Nessus Professional
Technical Lead, Rockville, MD
- I’m one of three system administrators managing the Agency of Health Research and Quality (AHRQ) Amazon Web Services infrastructure.
- Configuration and deployment AWS EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) Ubuntu 14.04/16.04 and Microsoft Windows Server 2012 standard SQL Server 2012 standard baseline instances for hosting applications and databases. I have setup and assigned IAM roles for the various EC2 instances to manage and maintain access to applicable services. I leverage security groups and network access control list to restrict and manage network inbound and outbound traffic. I Custom cloud formation templates in conjunction with AWS cli scripts are used to provision and manage AWS services.
- Configure Cloud Watch monitors to monitor EC2 current state, CPU utilization and system/hardware failures that may occur. I have also developed custom cloud watch monitors to monitor memory utilization and storage capacity. Alerts generated by Cloud Watch are forwarded to associated SNS topics which are distributed to topic subscribers by SMS or email. Also, Hyperspin and New Relic monitoring services are used for potential AHRQ site outages. I also export charts and logs from these services to investigate outages or performance issues.
- Manage EC2 MySQL and PostgreSQL database backups which are stored in S3 and Crashplan online backup services external to AWS environment.
- Leverage AWS command line interface tool with Bash commands to automate the creation of AWS EC2 AMIs in the US East region and copy the images to the US West region on a weekly basis for the purposes of quickly deploying AHRQ’s production environment in case of catastrophic failure in the AWS US East region. I have also designed a cloud formation template to deploy the production AMIs in the US West region.
- Deployed and configured Google-authenticator client in Linux environment to enforce SSH and SFTP two factor authentication by requiring users to use their authorized keys/private key and Google Authenticator code to gain access.
- Retrieve and disseminate AHRQ site statistical data from AHRQ’s Google Analytics account for research and planning purposes.
- Manage Atlassian Bitbucket cloud users, user groups, and repositories for the AHRQ project.
- Tasked with upgrading and performing maintenance on AHRQ’s hosted Jira and Confluence. I also assist in managing users and groups in both applications.
- I assist in management of build plans, users, and groups in the Bamboo continuous integration environment. I also deploy and configure Bamboo remote agents.
- Configure and manage Nessus Professional vulnerability and compliance policies and scans for Linux and Windows instances. I also manage all Nessus software and plugin updates.
- Leveraging AWS Cost Explorer to generate usage and cost reports by grouping EC2 services.
Leaflet Map Developer, Troy, MI
- Developed a Leaflet map component to support a water quality application. The Leaflet map consists of geojson layers and shapefile layers which are managed by the Leaflet’s map layer control. I leveraged QGIS to prepare the shapefile layers to be consumed by Leaflet shapefile plugin.
Sugarcrm/PHP Developer, Manhattan, NY
- Developed a PHP class that leverage Sugarcrm’s native REST API service for retrieving and updating data associated with the account and cases modules. I have developed a before save logic hook and methods for the cases and notes module that generates a JSON structure of data that is returned to Confidential REST service by leveraging PHP curl functionality. I have also served as the system administrator for maintaining AWS EC2 and RDS instances used for the Confidential Sugarcrm test Environment. I have created an AWS AMI of the test environment to transfer to Confidential for backup purposes once I have rolled off the project. Last, I have provided Confidential with documentation detailing all development performed on this project.
Senior PHP Developer/System Administration, McLean, VA
- Provided maintenance support for a Confidential Corporation ( Confidential ) legacy open source application called; OpenFISMA, which was developed using Zend PHP framework and Doctrine in an LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) environment.
- Provided system administration support on two LAMP stack (Opensuse,Apache,Mysql,PHP) dedicate servers hosted externally running the OpenFISMA application for the Confidential .
- Deployed and managed OpenFISMA in a LAMP (CentOS 6.5,Apache,Mysql,PHP) environment on Amazon Web Service EC2 environment for an internal security audit team.
- Managed Confidential AWS main account and setup AWS sub accounts for various government web application projects.
- Participated in OpenFISMA monitoring and user helpdesk support responsibilities, via Zendesk.
Senior PHP Developer, Manhattan, NY
- Developed a reporting module which returned the queried results pertaining to the network assets in a formatted html table view in the browser with the option to download the results for use in Excel.
Senior PHP Developer, Landover, MD
- Developed a web application that utilized Drupal 7 for state government employees’ user interface, Sugarcrm 6.3.1 CE federal employees’ user interface, and Laravel 3 PHP framework to send and receive metadata, via Drupal.
- Deployed a document revision’s module, which is used as a subpanel to automate the replacement of uploaded documents to a customized document module.
- Assisted in the migration of several applications from Terremark’s cloud environment to the HP’s cloud environment.
- Supported the CPMS project which uses Sugarcrm 6.5.14 Professional and developed a custom default homepage layout with customer defined page and dashlet layouts. Customized the fields and layout for a Technical Assistance Request module, which was derived from the standard cases module.
- Constructed two third-party modules in module builder complete with relationships to other modules, configured fields, edit/detail views, and custom dashlets.
Google Maps Engineer, Rockville, MD
- Provided Google Maps and charts API support to commercial/federal government customers.
- Developed Google MAP API v3 utilizing custom kml/kmz data for the Confidential Public Affairs department to provide the general public with a site which an individual can efficiently find the appropriate Confidential Region Contact based upon location.
- Provided the City of Houston Google Map API v2/v3 application modifications and user documentation for the impervious surface calculator application and the 10-year sewage and road capital improvement plan.
GIS Coordinator, Detroit, MI
- Provided GIS support to the City of Confidential department in addition to other local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
Quality Control Engineer, Melbourne, FL
- Provided Quality Assurance (QA) testing on updated centerline map data used by the Census Bureau for the 2010 Census Count.