- Built advanced, custom Excel tools, enabling clients to track, analyze, and extract meaningful quantitative and graphical reports across multiple large, complex datasets. Analyzed, mapped, and presented findings with Tableau.
- Managed financial reporting and regulatory compliance for the over 5,300 federal grants and contracts ed through the Prevention and Public Health Fund (PPHF) in FY16.
- Designed and implemented revised interdepartmental compliance practices for PPHF. Applied Lean Six Sigma to identify and reduce inefficient resource allocations by Financial Assessment & Audit Readiness Unit (FAARU) Grants Risk Team.
- Experienced in all phases of the SDLC. Successfully co - led the Tennessee Confidential Notices Team—the only track led by junior practitioners—through Design and into Development.
- Earned reputation as the ‘go-to’ for senior managers and client executives alike. Recognized mentor to junior analysts.
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Business Technology Analyst
- Supported federal and state agencies, including the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and Tennessee State Confidential Office (project experience detailed below).
Confidential, Nashville, TNProgram Analyst
- Co-led the Notices Team—authoring the language and designing the structure of the letters and forms sent via U.S. Mail and e-mail to communicate with consumers. Delivered all 134 Application Design Deliverables on-time, including Letter Templates, Standards Documents, Screen Layouts, and Process Flows.
- Collaborated with functional counterparts across multiple workflows—Web, Mobile, Application Processing, Appeals Management—to map the business and technical logic for generating and producing the letters and forms in system.
- Facilitated Validation Sessions to confirm user-centric design and capture change impacts to the current process.
- Advised the Testing Team on the Notices’ Modules’ business and technical requirements requiring validation.
- Managed eight subcontracted technical developers—three OpenText and five Java. Led daily team Stand-Up Meetings.
Confidential, Atlanta, GAProgram Analyst
- Documented requirements, conducted stakeholder interviews, and completed current state analysis for the agency’s new grants risk management framework and newly established FAARU Grants Team.
- Drafted the charter to establish the FAARU Grants Risk Team. Identified and onboarded key government personnel to the team and integrating the newly established office into the agency’s existing infrastructure.
- Co-managed the production of a custom Excel tool that automated the risk management process and enabled future enhancements through analysis of the quantified results captured in each applicant’s Grant Risk Scorecards.
- Implemented Lean Six Sigma (DMAIC) to reduce redundant and inefficient resource allocations. Mapped and analyzed workflows and system processes using Tableau, MS Excel, and MS Visio.
- Delivered in-person to 25 Confidential staff members on the methodology and tool to be used during pilot.
Coordinator, Office of Grants Services
- Designed, developed, and piloted in an Agile setting a custom Excel tool that tracked PPHF funds across datasets and streamlined notification to Confidential —reducing 25 manual hours to 5 machine-assisted hours (~80% increase in time efficiency) and cutting approval wait-times by over 50%.
- Cleaned and blended large-scale datasets to detect, correct, and remove corruptions in preparation for further analysis.
- Aggregated data by applying Excel-based methods to describe, compare, and summarize the record sets into digestible reports.
- Built out decision models, automating repetitive analysis tasks using VBA, to inform operational and resource allocation decisions.
- Led support to the PPHF Coordinator in using Lean Six Sigma to revise interdepartmental compliance practices into robust, repeatable processes based on organizational capacity, governance structure, and resource allocation.
- Coordinated with Confidential and Confidential stakeholders to enhance transparency and accountability in the notification process.
Confidential, Washington, DCProgram Analyst
- Maintained the Project Plan, Risk/Issue Register, and Status Reports to inform IRS executives’ decision-making.
- Co-authored guidance documents and s to increase organizational readiness amongst IRS workforce.
- Supported the Industry Roundtable, which joined IRS and industry execs. for a day of collaborative working sessions.
Confidential, Cambridge, MA
Program Analyst Intern
- Productized internal knowledge to deliver new client services through corporate partners and resellers.
- Developed learning modules for user and new employee onboarding.
- Certified on Confidential ’s XForms-based, CommCare HQ platform.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Intern & Research Assistant
- Produced a literature review on management of childhood diseases for Confidential ’s Ugandan-based research team.
- Enhanced the office’s IT-security practices to enable secure online collaboration between Confidential ’s international sites.
- Assisted in developing & maintaining the office’s customer relationship management database.
Project Researcher & Report Author
- Assigned and produced an internal report for the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) on impact indicators for Confidential ’s cost-effectiveness analysis.