- 8+ years of experience of Business Analysis with solid understanding of business requirements gathering, evaluating data sources, translating requirements into specifications, application design.
- Extensive experiences in Investment Banking projects specialized in Securities Trading (stock trading, fixed income trading, and derivatives trading), wealth management and risk management.
- In depth knowledge of Agile methodology, waterfall, rational unified process, use cases, software development life cycle (SDLC) processes, object oriented analysis and design (OOA/D).
- Acquired extensive knowledge of financial products and services, such as Fixed Income investments, Equities, Derivatives, Mutual Funds, Brokerage, portfolio management, Cash Management & Asset management.
- Proficient in technical and business writing, business process flow, business process modeling, business analysis and testing various methodologies.
- Good comfort level with Capital Markets, Money markets, Trading Systems, Derivatives, Equities, Fixed Income, US government Treasury Securities, Municipal Bonds, Stocks Trading Cycle, Margin Requirement, Mark to Market, Hedge Funds.
- Acquired extensive knowledge of financial products and services, such as fixed income investments, equities, derivatives, mutual funds, brokerage, portfolio management, cash management & asset management.
- Experience in facilitating joint requirement planning (JRP) sessions with business user groups conducting joint application development (JAD) sessions with IT groups and conflict management with project team members.
- Competent in creating unified modeling language (UML) diagrams such as use case diagramsactivity diagrams, class diagrams and sequence diagrams.
- Extensive experience in developing use cases, creating screen mockups, conducting gap analysis and impact analysis, SWOT analysis, cost benefit analysis, risk analysis.
- Facilitated change management across entire process from project conceptualization to testing through project delivery, software development and implementation management in diverse business and technical environments.
- Involved in test planning, test preparation, test execution, issue resolution and report generation to assure that all aspects of a project are in compliance with the business requirements.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Role & Achievements:
- Garnered insights on present framework and laid out the client centric application (Presentations).
- Set up market data including zero curves, correlation matrices, dividend curves, etc., and the underlying financial instruments and then set up derivatives pricing parameters and trade capture options that drive the valuation of trades based on the market data to configure and test the system
- As a Business Analyst, developed business process flows, Use Cases, and other documentation for expansion of Fannie Mae's MBS loan servicing, securitization, and trading model while coordinated with Development Team in translating business requirements in
- In CDM project, analyzed traditional Swaps and Credit Default Swaps and their trading and allocation processes.
- Assist with the external /internal audit functions and complete wire transfers and other treasury /cash management.
- Wrote Test plan and Test cases for the Integration testing and system testing.
- Facilitated and managed meeting sessions with committee of SMEs from various business areas including Credit Profiling, Treasury /Cash Management, and Marketing Analysis. Identified/documented data sources and transformation rules required populating and maintaining data warehouse content.
- Worked on billing system a cash management module and enhanced the encrypting standards that are required for the application.
- Created budget estimates for various work streams in the Dodd Frank program.
- Developed and managed the formal SDLC implementation using the Lean/Agile Methodology.
- Develop workflows and structures for the procurement and implementation of asset management support systems, through the redesign of hardware and software distribution processes for the successful integration of standards through multiple subsidiaries.
- Worked on the SWIFT project, analyzing different SWIFT MT and MQ messages.
- Designed and developed database using MS Access.
- Helped the Business Users while performing the UAT testing and helping them resolve the defects in the environment.
- Created relationships in Requirement Traceability Matrix linking Business Requirements to Functional requirements and Functional Requirements to Systems Requirements.
- Execute daily Treasury operations activities for cash management, collecting, concentrating, and disbursing cash
- Apply custom changes to Calypso software in order to replicate vanilla and exotic OTC derivative products
- Performed Competitive Analysis on different online trading applications like GS, MS, SCHW etc.,
- Facilitate product/content reviews for assigned projects to ensure accuracy and market sensitivity of programs.
- Perform project management duties for internal service management and client reporting initiatives and other projects as needed, inclusive of the entire project management lifecycle.
- Involve in preparation of report template for daily and weekly reports based on requirements.
- Execution of test cases as part of system testing, integration testing
- Generated requirements from Feedback (from FA’s) / Users’ requirements via CRM (SFDC or Salesforce.com)
- Proposed solutions to reporting needs and develop prototypes using SQL and Business Objects that address these needs.
- Managed Cross Team Collaboration and Offshore Testing team.
Confidential, Richfield, MN
Role & Achievements:
- Eliciting and Managing customer’s functional and system requirements.
- Documented As - Is process and To-Be Process to perform Gap Analysis.
- Prepared Cash Position and Treasury reports that reflected financial transactions of the firm
- Facilitated JAD sessions with SMEs, users and stakeholders for resolving disputes.
- Prepared High-level Business Requirement Documents (BRD) supporting documents containing essential business elements, detailed definitions, Data Journal& description of the relationships to analyze and document business data requirements.
- Worked closely with the UX team in preparing the Wireframes for the application.
- Conducted Use-Case reviews with testing team, Architecture team, business line, &product partners and identified gaps or resolving various technical issues leading to the improvement of the application
- Provided inputs to write Test cases based on BRD’s & developed strategies with QA group to implement them to ensure adherence to QA processes during the test phase of the project.
- Helped initiate and implement Agile (Scrum) as software development methodology
- Created and managed project templates, use-case project templates, requirement types and trace-ability relationships in SharePoint.
- Performed traceability matrix that display relationships and show requirements by using Test director.
- Helped to establish a data quality/data governance program at the bank to ensure data integrity is enforced and improve reputational risk associated with data quality issues.
- Involved in providing online training and assistant to members in Foreign Payment, SWIFT, Nostro Reconciliations, Fund Reconciliations, SWIFT Messaging and Project Management.
- Evaluated and tested new or modified software functionality to verify that software functions according to user requirements and conform to establishment guidelines. Includes the writing and executing of test plans, test cases, and test scripts