- Proven experience in successfully completing data warehousing development projects, ensuring government compliance for privacy issues through system design.
- Has hands on experience in all stages of the SDLC including business process definitions, analysis, requirement gathering documenting, creating reporting data warehouses, star schema configuration, data profiling, data gap analysis, development of reports, testing, deployment of complex web - based BI intelligence reporting applications and training of end users.
- Has extensive hands-on experience in designing and developing databases and backend system support.
- 1 Production support and troubleshooting assistance for Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) jobs
- Participated in team meetings and got involved in technical design/ planning of middle ware database to combine data from various sources that includes date bases like Oracle 11g, Terradata, SQL server,DB2, AS400 and MS Access.
- Knowledgeable in writing Stored procedure or SQL to extract data from these data bases and to create access / engines to pull data using ETL tools.
- Create new and modify existing ETLs, DataMart’s, universes, and reports. Work closely with testers to ensure that we deploy high quality and accurate reports and ETLs to the production system. Data extraction transformation and loading (ETL) which includes writing codes for ETL tasks using stored procedures and SQLs, managing data connectivity, modeling data from the source to destination, compiling of packages and scheduling of jobs.
- Develop all aspects and phases phase of Enterprise Data Warehouses.
- Learn the business rules for the current web applications and data, to assist the Report development team in updating reports and ETLs for those applications.
- Provide technical expertise to the Enterprise reporting teams.
- As member of Enterprise reporting team, peer review each other’s work to collaboratively produce high quality reports, ETLs, DataMart’s, universes.
- Attend meeting and guide architecture of Data warehouse environment.
- Proactively identify improvements to ETLs, DataMart’s, universes, reports, and data warehousing environments (accuracy, performance, efficiency, etc.) through analysis of existing documents and code.
- Create, develop and implement complicated reports. Performed data analysis by using statistical measures and created executive level reports and posted them to the company web site on time. Do Data analysis and data profiling to do gap analysis. Used T-SQL programming including development of highly efficient stored procedures, SQL queries Views, function and creating tables, synonyms as well. Competent in Business Intelligence OLAP development taking into consideration on security features in the tool. Provide Reporting and data services, focusing on the reporting tools like business objects, Microstatergy, Cognos or SSIS, or Crystal reports and to the reporting portals reports that were developed by other developers or by field users. Develop Management Reporting and KPIs and automated reports.
- Do User acceptance testing and de-bugging.
- Participate in User training.
- Has competency in CMMI Level 2 Process Improvements.
- Has competency in Client Relationship Management.
- Work independently as well with across team members.
- Has excellent analytical skills with effective and pragmatic problem solving skills.
- Has project management skills including time tracking, level of effort estimation, writing requirement documents and managing stakeholder expectations.
KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Enterprise Data Management & Architecture
- Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence
Project: Microsoft Project
Microsoft Office Tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio etc
CMMI methodologies: Visual source safe, Rational clear Case
Data modeling: ERWIN, Visio
Database: Oracle 11g, Oracle Designer, SQL Server 2000//05/08, Terradata, DB2, AS400
Data warehousing tools including cubes, metrics, schema, KPI, attributes and Facts: SQL server SSAS, .Micro strategy 8, Business Objects 6.5 and Microsoft 2005/8 BI reporting and Cognos Impromptu
ETL tools: SSIS Microsoft 2000/2005/8 and R2 and Confidential data transformation.
Programming Languages: Oracle PL/SQL, Pro C, and Visual basic, SQL server T-SQL capabilities including SQL query languages. Stored procedure, triggers, functions Data model requirement development tool ERWIN, VISIO
Reporting tools: SSRS, CRYSTAL REPORTS XI services, Business object WEB - I, MICRO STRATEGY, COGNOS Impromptu and TOAD
Crystal Reports Developer
- Provide support to facilitate business intelligence and data analysis and report writing to include gathering, analyzing, and reporting on acquisition data needed for Confidential /OPO management business and procurement decision making.
- Using PRISM system, Confidential -NG system create oracle SQL codes, and create Crystal reports or SSRS reporting tool to design develop and implement reports to meet customer requirements.
- Provide reporting analysis derived from data from the data base.
- When the organization made changes completed successfully migrate about 65 reports from Crystal/Business object tools by using SSRS codes and SSRS /SQL query language and integrated the repot into share-point server. Help felicitate data table integrity testing with ETL knowledge.
- Continue to provide support to creating new reports as and when need happens.
- Understand new requirements, do gap analysis, map the business functional needs, check the data availability and successfully work with the new project manager to develop, modify and test and send the reports to production. Maintain existing portal and attend to modification of the existing reports if needed.
- Provide data analysis and data when required from the customers.
- Support Confidential project at client site.
- Write validation stored procedures using MYSQL
Data analytics and ETL Developer
- Maintain Micro-strategy report projects and reporting portal.
- Using the Confidential -ETL tool software created hardware Management systems for engineer ’s use.
- Do data migration to facilitate new project for Confidential .
- This involved writing SQL queries, doing data mapping from the source tables to destination tables, loading data and completing the project on time.
- Using the the ETL tool, created ETL packages and implemented them scheduled them to run on time.
- Number of packages created was about about 40 in number.
Crystal reports developer
- Using the Crystal reports software develop new reports, maintain or modify the existing reports implement in the project management reporting portal (Microsoft product) and make new reports and charts ona dash board.
- Follow the SDLC process and Project management principles, implement deliverables, conduct User acceptance test and work with other team members to share resources and knowledge.
Senior BI developer
- Assists in gathering reporting requirements, technical requirements and works directly with Business Architects with stake holders.
- Create reports to meet user requirements using Microsoft SQL Reporting Services.
- Write and maintain database stored procedures.
- Writes documentation for best practices, lessons learned, release notes, DDI documents.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Team Lead and Analytics Manager. Provides peer review and unit test reports.
- Successfully completes training courses set forth by Analytics team manager.
- Maintains SharePoint sites. Worked independently or cooperatively with other software developers.
- Lead the functional role lead as a technical consultant or researcher.
- Acted as lead on smaller projects. Did Other duties, as assigned in reporting projects.
Senior ETL Developer
- Data warehouse contained Confidential Health Program, allowing for detailed analysis of program operations and health care delivery.
- Development of the data bases meeting compliance with HIPAA, patient privacy, information and security. Functional area: Health care; ETL Tool SSIS and reporting tool SSIS
- Worked within the team to design system architectures, develop, and/or integrate information and communications systems to support client requirements and assure that present and future cross functional requirements are effectively integrated into solutions
- Interface with client technical personnel and perform other duties as assigned. Conduct data mapping, design, develop, and implement extract / transform / load processes using custom ETL based on SSIS technology. Create and manage ETL packages, triggers, T SQL stored procedures, views, SQL transactions. Design audit process and Quality control process for auditing data after extraction. Diagnosis ETL and database related issues, perform root cause analysis, and recommend corrective actions to management. Schedule execution of packages as per user requirement. Adhere to all development standards and protocols including Change Management, code review, documentation, and testing
- Educate and advise internal customers on how to leverage available data for consumption
- Assist in the documentation and cataloging of developed software
- Develop ETL implementation scripts to move packages to development to production environment.
- Schedule job to render ETL packages using SQL server Agent.
- Write ETL related design document for knowledge transfer and requirement trace- ability
- Following the SDLC process and PM principles implement deliverables and work with other team members to share resources and knowledge.
- Create and test report queries for entire Confidential Health Program to be implemented in the reporting tool namely Micro Strategy tools meeting business rules.
Senior BI developer / ETL developer
- Responsible for creating data warehouse environment using SQL server 2000 and 2005 (SSIS) ETLs pointing to various data bases like Oracle 10g ( P/L SQL and SQL as data transformation queries), AS400, db2 ( SQL as transformation queries ), Excel or Microsoft access
- Responsible for developing business centric reports, dashboards, data requests, metrics, and other tools using the Lawson Business Intelligence framework. Represent IT, HR and Finance department in fostering and developing relationships with other business units requesting business intelligence services. Generate and maintain control documentation of reporting procedures to comply with governance audits and regulatory requirements. Document data Management processes and procedures and provide input to the creation of data definitions, business rules and data access methods. Data migration reengineering project from version 2000 by converting all the DTS packages to ETLs in SQL server 2005/8 by using the knowledge of data base design and administration .Applied security to ETL packages by loading then in SQL server MSDN data base instead of file systems.
- Design, develop, code and write T-SQL stored procedures and functions using SQL server reporting capabilities on the Microsoft platform toolset along with Crystal reports XI; Used all functionality of crystal reports using labels, templates letters and dashboard, functions features
- Implement schedule and maintain published reports in Lawson web-sphere platform.
- Being a part of a Project team facilitated the launching of Lawson production system upgrades. This involved implementing successfully about 200 reports for HR and Finance and payroll related reports into the production environment. Moving ETL from one version to another version. .
- Document data Management processes and procedures and provide input to the creation of data definitions, business rules and data access methods
- Documentation on reporting project for library of congress.
- Crystal reports development using XML tags and Oracle 10g data bases. (PL- SQL/SQL)
Senior BI Analyst
- Responsible for developing business centric reports, dashboards, data requests, metrics, and other tools using the Microsoft Business Intelligence framework. Represent the department in fostering and developing relationships with other business units requesting business intelligence services. ( SSAS, SSIS and SSRS)
- Serve the overall enterprise user community with an initial focus on the DELTEK based business office system(s).
- Responsibilities include the creation of new and modification of existing reports based on Cognos Impromtu tool.
- Generate and maintain control documentation of reporting procedures to comply with governance audits and regulatory requirements.
- Design and development of a formal data warehouse, ETL tools and technology, and reporting capabilities on the Microsoft platform toolset using SSAS and SSIS and SSRS
Senior Reports developer/Analyst
- Managed requirements gathering and analysis, led data management and testing modules for internal data warehousing projects.
- Developed/ designed data models using Visio and developed waterfall data bases and develop reconciliation and monthly reports using SQL server analysis tool ( SSRS) and Excel for the clients (Bank Of America)
- Develop data extraction, wrote SQL queries, stored procedures and packages and manage data integrity for the data used in the reporting projects.
- Create reports pertaining to monthly reconciliation of accounts related issues for the accounting and finance departments and do reconciliation on banking transitions.
- Do data extraction to meet yearly auditing needs. (Example FAS91 compliance)
Senior Technical Analyst
- As the architect of the Business Intelligence project created projects, attributes, metrics, customs groups, consolidations, security filters, drill maps, prompts, filters, custom templates, hierarchies, transformations, auto styles, reports and documents -Expert in data warehousing and OLAP Reporting .
- Hands-on experience with dimensional modeling and relational modeling and has worked with relational and multidimensional DBMS structures.
- Created automated reports and documents based on clients need. Worked in a team environment and lead a small team of developers. -Interact with clients to gather requirements and clarify issues and train end users.
- Designed policies and procedures using CMMI level 2.
- Designed Micro strategy project for Confidential client.
- Scope included creating meta data, data schema and model data source connectivity, security variables, attributes, metrics for the users to create ad-hoc reports and created canned reports to be viewed from the micro strategy web portal.
- Other duties included bug fixes and creating or modify various reports created in different reporting tools like Business Objects, Crystal reports or Oracle reports along with PL SQL/SQL and Micro strategy. 6.