- Executive who excels at partnering with business partners and leveraging emerging technologies that enable strategic business objectives.
- Experienced leading transformations from a level 1 to level 4 maturity across key architecture practices and strategy development processes.
- Transformational experience of major front office and back office systems including eCommerce sites to align and support enterprise integration and business model transformation.
Enterprise Level IT Strategy Development Governance: Technology, Finance and Risk
Enterprise & Solution Architecture Enterprise Apps: ERP, MRP, CRM, SCM, GIS
Cloud Strategies: SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, Hybrid Mobile iOS, Android, Xamarin
Security: SSO, IRM, PKI, LDAP/AD, IDM App Dev Microservices, C#, J2EE, Python, Angular, C#
Information Mgmt.: ETL, MDM, ODS Integration Events, REST, Messaging, BPM
Cloud Providers: Azure & AWS Analytics Big Data, BI, Real - time OLAP Leadership Sound Bites
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Architecture Practice - Stood up an Architecture Practice that encompasses Enterprise and Solution Architecture.
- Processes and metrics implemented include Architecture Governance, Technology Standardization and Technology Strategic Planning. Integrated into an Agile methodology.
- Created the Application Strategy and associated architectures to deploy a domain driven design oriented micro-services architecture utilizing Docker and Azure serverless capabilities.
- Front end was based upon a micro-frontend architecture.
- Created a Hybrid Cloud Strategy with integration to Azure along with the associated transition plan and architectures.
- Created and deployed an Information and Data Analytics Strategy that encompassed a Data Integration Hub for real-time data integrations and analytics.
- The strategy also encompassed a Data Warehouse for prescriptive analytics. Was deployed with Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Warehouse and Azure DataBricks.
Global Associate Director Enterprise Architect
Confidential, Boston, MA
- Brought in to lead the enterprise architecture practice of the $20B Confidential unit.
- Responsible for deployment and execution of key architecture processes along with strategic planning.
- Architecture Practice - Integrated and implemented the enterprise architecture practices and processes within the Confidential unit.
- These practices/procedures aligned and supported the enterprise level practices.
- Created and deployed an Application Portfolio Rationalization and Management practices.
- Reduced the number of applications from over 750 down to 500 along with deployment of existing applications to Microsoft Azure.
- Created and deployed a Big Data Analytics program to enable the effective audit analytics insights.
- The technology utilized was Cloudera Enterprise and Tableau.
- Created a Robotic Process Strategy and architecture to support the automation of analyzing contracts for audits and aligning to audit requirements.
- The platform deployed on was BluePrism.
Startup CTO, Chief Architect
Confidential, Hudson, MA
- Recruited by CEO to lead the creation of their Technology Strategy associated with the Confidential SaaS commercial product on AWS that is an application generator for search-based applications.
- Also, responsible for leading 25 developers and institutionalization of a new Product Development organization.
- SaaS Product Strategy - created a product technology strategy that was SaaS oriented.
- Created the solution architecture and technology strategy that leveraged AWS cloud-based services.
- Oversaw the implementation and deployment of the product into AWS within a 12-month window.
VP, Enterprise Chief Architect
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Recruited by CTO to lead the creation of the Enterprise IT Strategy along with the creation of the Enterprise Architecture, Emerging Technology/Innovation and Application Shared Services Development practices and organizations.
- Created governance surrounding technology selection, IT investments, portfolio management and solution architecture enterprise-wide.
- Provided organizational leadership for an IT Strategy & Enterprise Architecture organization with 200 personnel (65 direct and 135 matrix). Managed technology portfolio of $500M.
- Created an actionable 5-year Enterprise Architecture Strategy that encompassed architecture and technology standards governance, emerging technology, metrics, communication and organization change management.
- Deployed mobile video capabilities (iOS and Android) for the Claims organization which enabled field adjusters to collaborate with internal seasoned adjustors to drive more effective claims adjudication. The deliverable included the technology platform, processes, and people to support a Platform-as-a-Service to support all Lines of Businesses.
- Created and led an Environment Simplification Strategy & Implementation that included driving down cost and risk while increasing standardization and agility for the lines of business using private cloud technologies.
- Targeted savings over a 3-year period was $30M.
- Created Technical Debt Reduction Strategy and drove execution to remediate technology currency challenges across the lines of businesses.
- Expected cost savings was to exceed $40M.
- Championed a pilot in partnership with Marketing, that incorporated data from social media, online 3rd party rate quoters along with internal candidate/customer interactions to drive more effective marketing campaigns. This enabled a more consistent user experience across mobile, online, and print channels.
- Analytics - United the Enterprise Risk Management organization to transform data mining and analytics functions to leverage shared resources, semantics and infrastructure to drive down data management costs by 60%.
Director Global Enterprise Architecture, Chief Architect
- Recruited by CIO to lead the creation of the Enterprise IT Strategy, Enterprise Architecture, and Emerging Technology organizations.
- Created governance surrounding technology selection, IT investments, portfolio management and enterprise-wide solution architecture.
- Formulated and started execution on a 5-year Technology Strategy that encompassed key business enabling capabilities and related components such as Content Management, Collaboration, Business Intelligence, Infrastructure Optimization (data center, server, and storage), Information Delivery Platform (portal), Identity Management, IP Convergence, Enterprise Search and SOA.
- Led the initial development and enterprise deployment for the following key shared services platforms: Mobile (iOS/Android), Portal, SOA, Enterprise Content Management, Enterprise Search and Social Collaboration.
- Defined the following Enterprise Infrastructure Standards and Architectures: LAN, Security, Citrix, Storage, Active Directory and DNS.
- Created and deployed an Enterprise Business Intelligence strategy that enabled enterprise operational reporting of key performance metrics for supply chain, engineering, finance and manufacturing.