- Business Intelligence, Data warehouse and Reporting professional with more than 15 years of experience in the complete Software Development Life Cycle catering primarily to the insurance and finance industry as Developer/Lead/Architect.
- Extensive hands - on experience in OLAP and end to end development of data warehouse projects based on Microsoft Technology namely SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, VS 2010, SS Integration Services (SSIS), SS Analysis Services (SSAS), Multidimensional as well as Tabular model, MDX, DAX, Reporting Services (SSRS) and integration to SharePoint.
- Experienced in various data warehousing methodologies such as Kimball’s Star & Snow Flake Schema design, build data marts and skillful in Data Analysis & Profiling.
- Handled the development of rich and complex information dashboards, reports and visualizations.
- Versatile and experienced programmer particularly adept at assimilating and incorporating complex business logic into program code.
- Highly collaborative team player with the ability to coordinate and communicate well with others, and has a high aptitude of learning and implementing new methods and strategies with proven results.
- As a senior technical member over the years mentored junior colleagues on diverse technologies on various projects.
- MS (Stats), IIT Kanpur, India.
- Holds multiple US/UK patents about innovative devices.
Databases: MS SQL 2016/2014/2012/2008 R 2/2005/2000/7, Oracle 11g/0g/9i, MS Access.
ETL: MS SQL SSIS/DTS, bcp of MSSQL, Informatica 5.1.
Prog. Lang.: TSQL, PLSQL, C, C#, Visual Basic, Visual C++, MDX, .DAX, Python.
OS: MS Win NT/2000/2003/XP/Vista, UNIX.
Scheduling: Sql Agent, Auto Sys.
OLAP / BI: MS SAS, SSIS, SSRS.
OLAP Presentation: ProClarity 6.2/6.3, Performance Point 2007.
Modeling: Erwin, Visio.
Methodologies: Software Development Life Cycle (Waterfall & Spiral Models), Data warehouse Design (Kimball s Star & Snowflake Schema).
Project Mgt.: Microsoft Project.
Others: SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat API, Stellent DMS, Power Builder, HTML, MS Office, TOAD, Oracle Enterprise Mgr, Borland C/C++, Windows API.
Source Code Mgt: PVCS, Team Foundation Server, SVN.
Sr. DW Developer
- NFL is taking player injuries very seriously and in the process of creating injury datawarehouse. Completey designed and developed this model that is source for qlik sense dashboards.
- Create various Qlik Sense dashboards for Game Quality, revenue per seas/class, player performance, Fan experience.
- Fan Experience before/during and post-game based on various parameters such as parking, signage/in game entertainment etc.
- Interacted with business users to identify dashboard strategies, report layouts, and analysis presentations.
- Club and labor finance reporting packages, finances of all teams, salary cap requirements displayed in a cube, SSRS reports.
- Migration of legacy (2014 below) Box Office data to new platform.
- Pro Play by play stats cube that has all the stats for games since 2005 games.
- Enhancing/Maintaining NCAA data(3,700 + Games per season), create various datamart.
- Analyze player tracking (per 1/10 sec) data using. JSON files provided by 3rd party.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/14/16, SSAS/SSIS/SSRS 2012, VS 2010, Qlik Sense 3.2, Python 3.6, Power BI.
Confidential, South Brunswick, NJ
Sr. BI Developer
- The SSAS cubes are built on the data that resides in different systems, different databases and feeds. This data is extracted using SSIS packages. It is cleansed, de-normalized (for better performance) and loaded into staging area. Additional tables and data transforms are created to match to user/new system requirements.
- Incremental Confidential / cube processing happens every 15 minutes, full refresh of the data happens twice a day.This was multi-terabyte implementation of SSAS.
- As a senior consulting member of core team involved in design and development of the cubes.
Environment: SQL Server 2012/14, SSAS/SSIS 2012, VS 2010.
Sr. BI Developer
- As a senior consultant developing SSRS reports and AS cube that has accounting data tied to GL entries.
- Cube has 12 dimensions at present.
- Users are accountants and senior management.
- Analysis is on time keeper, title, office locations, departments, lawyer productivity among many others.
- Cube is source of 40+ ssrs reports that are displayed in SharePoint.
Environment: SQL Server 2012, SharePoint 2014, VS 2010.
Confidential, Princeton, NJ
Sr. BI Lead
- As a consulting lead BI developer for Confidential, a global corporation in educational testing field developed enterprise-wide reporting system based on MS Sql server data and Analysis Services cubes for various testing programs at graduate and undergraduate level. Confidential wanted to migrate from Cognos 8 to MS based solution. AS cubes and Reports include candidate analysis, test center issues, book of work, revenue analysis etc.
- Role entailed creating the work flows, create SSIS packages/Cubes/Reports also role requires writing ad hoc queries against MS-Sql server/Oracle 10g/11g and production support.
Environment: MS/BI stacks: VS 2008/2010, SQL Server 2008 R2/2012, SSIS 2008/SSAS 2012/SSRS 2012, Cognos 8, SharePoint 2010, Oracle 10g/11g, SVN, Autosys, Power Bi.
Confidential, Time Square, NYC
Senior SSAS Developer
- Lead developer for ‘Deals Business Intelligence ( http://thomsonreuters.com/en/products-services/financial/company-data/deals-business-intelligence.html).
- Designed the work-flow and created SSIS packages that imported data from different systems.
- Created the Main TR SSAS cube that is the default gateway to all the (base) clients and also created few additional (premium) client cubes.
- The base cube keeps track of about 170 data points pertain to deals and custom cubes have additional few.
- Also created few SSRS reports based on the above cubes and figured out a way (hack) to send a single report with multiple attachments.
- DealsBI is a dynamic analysis and reporting tool that turns deals data into actionable strategic business planning information.
- Designed specifically for strategy and business planning groups in investment banks, Deals Business Intelligence is an Excel add-in application, which delivers greater flexibility and ease of use. It consists of Global coverage of M&A, Equity, Debt and Syndicated Loans transactions and fee content since 2000. Fee data from Freeman Consulting the industry leading provider. 9/10 top global investments banks actively use this product.
Environment: MS/BI stacks: VS 2008/2010, SQL Server 2008/R2, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS.
Confidential, NY, NY
SSIS/SSAS/ SSRS Developer (Consultant)
- Senior Management used dashboard in Qlikview that was fed by a SQL server view with 200+ columns.
- Developed new liquidity MIS capability which was used by all business lines involved in the process, replacing the existing adhoc, fragmented and excel-driven approach. This involved creation of a new reporting platform and toolset, to bring together multiple data sources across a complex business and technology architecture to achieve the business goals.
- Some SSRS reports were also accessible via Qlikview.
Environment: MS/BI stacks: VS 2008/2010, SQL Server 2008, SSIS/SSAS/SSRS, QlikView, and TFS.
- Created all the reports by interacting with business users. All reports have drill through capability based on user access. All cube (Policy cube, Claim cube and Reinsurance cube) enhancements and maintenance, creating new calculated measures using MDX, time intelligence is done by me. Dashboards were created by using Office Dashboard Designer 2007.
- Designed user interface dashboards and scorecard solutions and effectively utilized visualization techniques.
- Created an enterprise wide Budget Performance Reports. The Reports are based on SSAS cube that keeps all the expense and plan data at cost center, office /Category level. Due to sensitive nature of the data the security is managed by SSAS roles by applying business rules at dimension level.
- Created SharePoint reporting portal, which displays data from ProClarity briefing books as well as MS reporting services reports.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, SSAS, SSIS, VS 2005, SSRS, ProClarity suite 6.2/6.3, Microsoft Performance Point Server 2007, SharePoint(WSS), Office Dashboard Designer 2007.
- This start-up was developing an OLAP tool targeting insurance industry. The idea was basically to license prebuilt cubes. The cubes would differ slightly for say life insurance and Property & casualty.
Senior Software Engineer
- Moore Stephens Consulting Limited was a leading provider of specialized technology-driven business solutions.
- Supported numerous BI projects for clients primarily from the insurance industry.
- Typical life cycle of such projects used to be as follows, Initial client meetings to discuss MSBS offerings, procuring small subset of client data, creating proof of concept including SSAS Cubes, Scorecards, KPIs, SSRS Reports, triangulation reports, ProClarity briefing books based on client data.
- Typical components of such BI projects were MS SQL Server 2005/(earlier 2000), MS VS 2005, SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services, ProClarity Desktop Professional 6.2/6.3, ProClarity Analytics Server 6.2/6.3, ProClarity Web Professional 6.2/6.3, Business Objects XI, Oracle 11g., SharePoint Integration.
Environment: SQL Server 2005, SSAS, SSIS, VS 2005, VB Script, Business Objects XI Voyager, ProClarity suite 6.2/6.3, MS Team Foundation Server.
Sr. Software Developer
- They wanted to keep track of various submissions/quotes centrally and measure performance of various measures, including time taken from submission to getting bound/abandoned. They also want to find out which are the better agents and carriers, lines of business etc.
- Interacted with business users in understanding the business to determine the requirements and performed modeling (logical and physical models).
- Developed ETL logic, Designed database structure.
Environment: SQL 2005, Oracle 11g, SSAS, SQL Server Reporting Services, Visual Studio 2005.