- Over 15 years of experience in Software Design, Development, Integration, Implementation and Maintenance of Business Intelligence applications.
- 5 years of extensive Tableau Experience in Enterprise Environment. In - depth knowledge on Tableau Desktop/Server.
- Proficient in creating Calculations (Table Calculations, Hide Columns, Creating/Using Parameter, Totals) and Formatting (Layout Containers, Mark Labels, Rich Text Formatting) using Tableau Desktop.
- Expertise in Business Objects (Desktop/Web Intelligence, Creating Universes, Xcelsius and BO Administration).
- Adept at developing Crystal Reports which included Standard, Cross-tab, Summary, Sub Reports and Charts using parameter, complex functions and variables
- Expertise in data extraction transforming and loading (ETL) data from disparate data sources using SSIS 2008/2005.
- Experience in maintaining Data Marts, creating Jobs, Alerts and scheduling SSIS Packages.
- Experience working with a variety of databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, My SQL, Sybase and MS Access and proficient in creation of Tables, Views, Stored Procedures, Functions and packages using SQL and PL/SQL.
- In depth knowledge in Lawson Business Intelligence and extensively used Lawson bursting technology.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with demonstrable verbal and written communications to maintain effective work relationships with all levels of personnel.
- Tableau Development
- Client Relations
- Database Management
- Team Player
Business Intelligence Tools: Tableau 10.4/10.3/9.3/9.1 , SAP Business Objects XI/R2/R3 (Crystal Reports 2008/2013, Web & Desktop Intelligence, Central Management Console (CMC), Info view, Xcelsius, Lawson Business Intelligence
Databases/ETL Tools: SQL Server (2016/2012), Oracle (11g/10g), MS Access, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
Industries: Federal Government, Financial Services, Education, Retail and Non-profit organizations
Data Analytics Developer
- Designed and developed Tableau functional reports based on user requirements. Worked closely with Business users, Interacted with ETL developers, Project Manager and QA.
- Generated GIS Landing page, Validation, Data Profile, Compliance, Inventory Audits and Monitoring visits dashboards for Food and Nutrition Services and WIC Program (Women, Infant and Children)
- Extensively involved in creating rich graphic visualizations, Bar charts, Pie charts, heat maps and geographic maps by using measures and dimensions data from SQL server.
- Utilized Tableau Online Server to publish the interactive dashboards and used the links and embedded them into Nextgen WIC Portal with the help of parameters and filters.
- Created calculated fields, combined fields, sets and groups using Tableau Desktop
- Implemented advance geographic mapping techniques and used custom images and geo coding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data
- Involved in creating a dual axis bar chart with multiple measures.
Environment: Tableau 10.3/10.4, SQL Server 2016
Confidential, Wash, DC
- Participated in requirements gathering and developed detailed Technical Specification documents.
- Developed complex calculated fields for the business logic, field actions, sets and parameters to include various filtering capabilities for the dashboards, and to provide drill down features for the detailed reports.
- Developed story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information
- Created different visualizations using Bars, Lines and Pies, Maps, Scatter plots, Gantts, Bubbles, Histograms, Bullets, Heat maps and Highlight tables.
- Created extracts, published data sources to tableau server, refreshed extract in tableau server from Tableau Desktop.
- Provided multiple demonstrations of Tableau functionalities and efficient data visualizations approaches using Tableau to the D2D Team
- Generated context filters and data source filters while handling huge volume of data.
- Involved in data validation of the results in Tableau by validating the numbers against the data in the database tables by querying on the database.
- Performed Tableau Admin duties that comprised configuration, adding users, groups, managing licenses and data connections, scheduling tasks in the Tableau Server.
- Involved in Trouble Shooting, Performance tuning of reports and resolving issues within Tableau Server and Reports.
Environment: Tableau 9.3, MySQL Server 6.5
Business Objects/Tableau Developer
- Responsible for proactively reviewing and compiling reports based upon findings, completed with recommended improvements to new requirements for business processes, operational procedures and their corresponding structures as it relates to Confidential strategic.
- Extensively used Crystal reports to generate Daily, Weekly Monthly, and annual reports for Financial Services, Human Resources, and Medical & Research and Call Center departments. Some of the reports were online contributions report, expense reports, audit reports, nationwide weekly camps, tours, walks by division.
- Developed various complex crystal reports including drill-down reports, conditional reports, cross-tab reports, parameterized reports, summary reports, charts and sub reports using Dynamic prompts, Command Objects, Running Totals, Stored procedures and Views.
- Created Business Views, generated dynamic cascading prompts with list of values (LOV’s) using Business View Manager to develop crystal reports.
- Formatted, summarized, filtered, sorted and grouped the data within the Crystal Reports and organized fields into sections and added, merged and suppressed sections with in a report.
- Carried out administrative tasks like adding users, groups, scheduling and re-scheduling reports, managed instances using Central Management Console.
- Created Rich dashboards using Tableau 9.1. Prepared user stories to create compelling dashboards to deliver actionable insights.
- Developed Tableau visualizations using sets, Parameters, Calculated Fields, Dynamic sorting, Filtering, Parameter driven analysis.
- Scheduled all visualization reports in tableau server.
- Developed Stored Procedures on Oracle 11g database using Toad which was utilized in several reports.
- Retrieved data from different data sources such as Oracle 11g and MS Access 2010.
Environment: SAP Business Objects 2013 (Crystal Reports 2013), Oracle 11g, Toad for Oracle Expert 9.6.1, Tableau 9.1
Lawson Business Intelligence Analyst
- Created ad-hoc reports, queries and data extracts and was responsible for maintaining the integrity of the reports in Crystal Enterprise and the Lawson Business Intelligence.
- Deployed and scheduled Reports using Lawson Business Intelligence Portal (LBI) to generate reports such as daily, weekly, monthly sales analysis by (Salons, District, and Region), Payroll Sales Analysis, Top Performer Report, Monthly New Hire/Re Hire Reports, Stability, Retention and Turnover Reports, Census Report.
- Extensively used bursting technology to burst crystal reports or portions of the report within Lawson Business Intelligence application to multiple individuals, with content automatically tailored to each recipient.
- Extensively used Report Management, Group Management, Rights Management, Server Administration and Delivery Administration with in LBI and supported ongoing maintenance of Business Intelligence Systems.
- Created Jobs, Alerts and scheduled SSIS packages. Extensively used Derived Columns, Condition Split, Aggregate, Execute SQL Task, Data Flow Task, and Execute Package Task.
- Migrated data from different sources (Flat files, Excel spreadsheets, Access and Oracle, AS400, Lotus Notes) to SQL Server DataMart using SQL server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Responsible for troubleshooting, supporting Lawson LBI in both Development and Production servers/environments.
Environment: Crystal Reports XI/2008, Lawson Business Intelligence, MS SQL Server 2005/2008 R2, MS Visual Studio 2005/2008 (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS), DB2, Oracle 11g
Confidential, Wash, DC
Business Objects Developer
- Analyzed Reporting requirements elicited from meetings held with business users and formulated Crystal Reports.
- Performed requirements gathering and analysis through interactions with end users and IT staff.
- Used Business Objects CMC to create users and groups for efficient report management there by assigning privileges, enabling ID’s and resetting passwords.
- Created and deployed reports through Info view. Scheduled and monitored the reports.
- Reviewed program procedures and advised on automation, improved techniques and created customized solutions for those recommendations.
- Ran reports and performed independent validation and verification against data and USD ticket information.
- Interfaced with end users to develop customized reports on customer service statistics and SLA requirements.
- Developed different reports such as Aging report, Top 50 caller issues over past 12 months, Change Orders Reports.
- Organized data in the reports by using Filters, Sorting, Ranking and highlighted data with Alerts.
Environment: Business Objects XI R2 (Crystal Reports, Designer, CMC, Info View, MS SQL Server 2000)
Confidential, Wash, DC
- Analyzed Business Objects reporting requirements, documented requirements, and generated crystal reports.
- Created and modified universes to utilize the data more efficiently using Business Objects Designer.
- Created simple and complex reports both in Business Objects Full Client and Thin Client (Web Intelligence).
- Developed custom reports for various offices including the Office of Enforcement, the Division of Investment Mgmt., the Office of the Chief Accountant, the Office of General Counsel and the Office of Financial Mgmt.
- Designed reports for Enforcement Division to retrieve data that include Suspicious Trading Activity, Profit & Loss report and Brokerage Commission report using Crystal reports.
- Applied concepts to Crystal Reports such as drill down, no drill down, formulas and parameters. Used various reports like Cross tab, Standard, Form letter, Mailing labels and Sub reports.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Business Objects, including scheduling reports, configuring user and group security, categories, folders, universes and licensing.
Environment: Business Objects 6.5/XI (Crystal Reports, Designer, CMC, Info View, Web Intelligence, Sybase