- IT professional with 7+ years of experience with emphasis on Hyperion application development using Hyperion financial management, Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management, Hyperion Planning, Essbase, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), DRM/DRG and Hyperion Financial Reporting.
- Worked on End to End implementations of Hyperion projects (HFM, Essbase and Planning)
- Have strong experience in installing Hyperion 22.214.171.124, Hyperion foundation services, EPMA, Essbase server, EAS, APS, Hyperion Financial Reporting and Analysis, Planning, HFM, FDM.
- Strong experience in Hyperion Planning 11.1.2/126.96.36.199/9.3.1/4. x,Hyperion Essbase 11.1.2 /11.1.1/9.3.1/7. x, Hyperion Financial Reporting, Hyperion Web Analysis (Web Analyzer).
- Experience in working through all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC) including the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of financial applications
- Strong experience in creating data grids and web data forms to load data and Posting, scheduling the journals to adjust data.
- Designed complex security model for HFM, Planning, and Essbase applications as per client requirements.
- Created various complex HFM rules for the consolidation applications
- Administration of Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Hyperion Financial Data Quality Management (FDM), Hyperion Reporting, Hyperion Strategic Finance.
- Developed numerous Essbase Multi - Dimensional Database cubes and various OLAP application models using Hyperion Essbase 9.x and 11.x.
- Solid understanding of multidimensional and relational database architecture; Extensive knowledge of planning, budgeting, and forecasting procedures.
- Expertise in providing security for Planning & Essbase applications and ability to create user and group profiles for assigning proper privileges using both User provisioning, Native security and Shared services modes.
- Experience working with ERPI, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI) adaptors and ODBC Connectors for Essbase, Planning, and HFM creating knowledge modules, packages and interfaces for metadata and data loads.
- Experience in integrating EBS, JD Edwards, oracle GL, BO, and other ERP systems with Hyperion using ODI, ERPI and FDM.
- Expertise in issue resolving and in optimizing the performance of HFM and Planning applications.
- Expertise in designing Business Rules, Complex Web forms, Work Flow, Task List, and smart list, planning units.
- Expertise in developing Essbase Rules Files, Calculation Scripts, Member formula and Report Scripts. Experience in developing OBIEE Repository at three layers (Physical, Business model and Presentation Layers)
- Designed required ETL process for BI applications from various data sources such as Flat Files, Oracle, Teradata and SQL server, Netezza.
- Expertise in Financial Statement Analysis, Data Analysis, Gap Analysis and understanding of ROI Analysis, P&L Analysis, Impact Analysis and Cost-Benefit Analysis.
- Direct management experience with technology, people and processes. Well-versed in Business Problem analysis and design/development/implementation of analytical solutions.
- Expert in forming and maintaining positive and productive working relationships in teams
- Created documentation for maintenance and support for Hyperion products.
- Expertise in trouble shooting, Knowledge transfer, technical document and trained clients.
- Provided 24x7 server support Hyperion services and day to day production job.
Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Server 2003/2008, Unix; Solaris, AIX, and Linux
BI Tools: Hyperion Financial Management 11.x/9.x, Hyperion Planning 11.x/9.x/4.x/3.x, Essbase 11.x/9.x/7.x/6.x, Oracle Business Intelligence Suite, Financial Reporting, Hyperion Interactive Reporting (BRIO) 11.x/9.x/8.x/6.x, Hyperion Strategic Finance (HSF), Smart View, Essbase Administration Services (EAS), Hyperion Workspace, Hyperion Shared Services, Hyperion Reports 9.x/7.x/2.x, Excel Add-in, Essbase Studio.
Multidimensional Databases: Oracle EPM 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, Hyperion System 9.3.1, 9.2 Hyperion Essbase 7.1 and 6.5
Relational Database: Oracle 10g/11g, SQL Server 2005/2008, Teradata V2R6, DB2,Netezza
ERP System: Oracle E Business Suite, SAP, People Soft
Reporting Tools: Financial Reporting, Web analysis, Hyperion Smart View, Excel Add-In, Interactive Reporting
Domains: Banking, Financial, Brokerage, Telecom services.
ETL Tools: Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), DRM, Outline Load Utility, Informatica 8.1/7.1, Data Stage 8.x/7.x
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. Hyperion Financial Management Developer/Admin
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and outstanding team player with an aptitude to learn.
- Performed end-to-end implementation Hyperion financial consolidation applications from requirement gathering to production deployment.
- Designed Business requirements documents based on the analysis of the current business model.
- Installed and configured Essbase, Shared Services, Planning, Financial Reporting, Smart View and Financial Data Quality Management on multi server environments.
- Installed FCM and SOA components in a cluster environment
- Created applications in EPMA leveraging Shared members within Dimension library.
- Worked with SME/Finance Teams to gather the consolidation application requirements.
- Designed Technical design document as per the business requirements.
- Developed and deployed EPMA and classic HFM applications used for consolidation purposes.
- Configured the source and target adapters in HFM from FDM and created the machine profiles.
- Used FDM in building Workflows, Mappings, Locations, Import Formats, Control tables to load Monthly data in HFM Application.
- Managed the monthly close process financial close management (FCM) and completed all account reconciliations.
- Automated Data loads from different departments into HFM using FDM Task Manager.
- Modified and Designed HFM rules to perform various functions (Consolidation, Calculation, Currency Translation etc.)
- Created financial statements in Hyperion Financial reporting (HFR) Studio
- Created financial reports such as Revenue report by product, operating expenses reports by Operating units, budget vs. actual variance reports using financial reporting studio.
- Created Member Lists, Data Grids, Data forms and Security file,
- Performed Set up of Journal Entries, Intercompany Transactions, Eliminations, Exchange rate conversion.
- As part of maintenance took back up for metadata, business rules, journals and security files.
- Prepared templates for achieving quarterly forecasts, annual budget, ad-hoc reporting and management reporting by working with the business managers
- Responsible for security provisioning using shared services across the entire Hyperion environment.
- Created admin, super user and user groups and assigned necessary roles for FCM provisioning
- Created groups and users for different business segments and then assigned security and filters to define Essbase privileges on them.
- Created and assigned Provisioning for all the appropriate Users/Groups in the Shared Services
- Used LCM to migrate applications from one environment to other (Dev to Test and from Test to prod)
- Updated Hierarchies and performed data loading using Oracle Data Integrator
- Involved in Knowledge transfer and development transition to the other team members and to production team (onshore and offshore)
- On time completion of all assigned tasks and desirables meeting the business expectations and timelines.
- Provided documentation related to administration of the HFM applications.
- Worked on imports for one time build in DRM. Further, Creating Hierarchies and version from the import file from stage Area.
- Integrated ODI mappings and translations with Oracle Data Relationship Management (DRM) web services to support meta-data management approach to maintaining account and entity hierarchies.
- Created the hierarchies using oracle DRM.
- Created versions in DRM with different hierarchies and blended the data.
- Export/Import data from DRM using the DRM migration modules.
- Implementing security using tool internal ability and external authentication in DRM.
Environment: Hyperion financial management 11.1.2, Hyperion FDQM 11.1.2, Hyperion Essbase 11.1.2, Hyperion Planning 11.1.2, Hyperion Financial Reporting (HFR) 11.1.2, Hyperion Shared Services, Oracle data integrator 10.1.3, Excel Spreadsheet Add-In, LCM, FDQM, VB Script, Smart View, Window Server 2003/2008 R1, Oracle SQL Developer 220.127.116.11, Oracle 10.204
Confidential, Saint Louis, MO
Sr. Hyperion Financial Management Developer/Admin
- Designed and developed consolidation application using business requirement document
- Managing Metadata and defining attributes and creation of application profile.
- Created HFM application on both desktop and web-based client and created data grids and data forms to view and enter the data.
- Created database schemas and tables for SOA and FCM using Repository creation utility
- Proper setting of POV (Point of View) and Set up security, including users, groups, security classes, and access rights.
- Configured Foundation and FCM components
- Involved in changing the Metadata whenever needed. Extracted, loaded the Metadata whenever metadata changes occur.
- Created the Journals as per the client requirement. Manage the financial review cycle using Process Management. Running consolidation after loading the data.
- Performed full charge Account Payable, Month -End Close (FCM), and weekly bank reconciliations.
- Generation of Financial Statements through HFR for business users. Involved in year and month end processes (FCM) and all close cycles
- Handled HFM\FR critical, medium and normal tickets involving interactions with users and solving issues.
- Loaded, reconciled and consolidated key financial data with Hyperion using FDQM (Financial Data Quality Manager) and HFM consolidation.
- Involved in the preparation of detail Unit Cost, Price and Volume Trends, Expense Variances and Profitability Reports.
- Involved in Data Loads and CALC Scripts optimization. Automated the Cube building through MaxL & shell scripts and scheduled them.
- Created various filters as per user requirement in EIS. Involved in the installations and configurations of ODI 18.104.22.168
- Tuned the existing applications for better performance by identifying the issues on priority basis and by modifying the server, application and database settings.
- Involved in Knowledge Transfer and training of the business users about the new environment.
- Worked with Hyperion / Oracle support team to resolve product related issues.
Environment: Hyperion Financial Management 9.x/22.214.171.124, Hyperion Essbase 9.3/11.1.2, Hyperion Planning 9.3, Hyperion Workspace 9.3, Hyperion Workforce Planning 9.3, ODI 10.1.3, Hyperion Financial Reporting 9.3, Excel Spreadsheet Add-In, VB Script, Smart View, Window Server 2003 and UNIX Servers, Oracle SQL Developer 2.1, Oracle 10.2
- Involved in the creation of dimensions and members in Essbase Outline. Involved in the complete Software Development Life Cycle of the applications
- Designed and developed complex Essbase applications with excellent balance of dense and sparse dimensions, arranged in an hourglass fashion.
- Optimized the Hyperion application to balance the calculation and retrieval performance.
- Developed the reports as for given client templates in Hyperion analyzer.
- Performed dynamic calculations, loaded data from various database using Rules files, developed, reviewed, and optimized report queries in Microsoft Excel.
- Created security for the cubes (created users/Groups). Developed the Security Filters for Essbase applications
- Built ETL process to load data and build dimensions in Essbase applications in Nightly mode.
- Worked on day to day production supports for Essbase and ETL applications.
- Worked with SME and business analysts to gather and analyze requirements and built and POC for initial sign off.
- Expertise knowledge in Design and architecture of Essbase and Planning applications.
- Hyperion Planning is used to build the Planning and Budget application from the scratch to meet the business functional requirement and to map the data from the external sources application.
- Developed numerous simple to complex Business Rules for planning and calc scripts for Essbase applications as per end user requirements
- Created the Planning applications with the plan type for Revenue, expenses, capex and workforce modules.
- Involved in data tie-out for performing OLAP cubes using a simple variable substitution mechanism, to ensure that data is the same in both system.
- Implemented the Dense/Sparse dimensional architecture with Attribute dimensions, Smart lists based on the requirement and easy to use and update in future.
- Created HAL7.3 (Hyperion Application Link) jobs for dimension build and data loads.
- Project within budgeting, planning, forecasting, OLAP and reporting solution and manage security of Hyperion apps.
- Used VBA for the creation of a template system where the field actually inputs data into an excel workbook that then sends the numbers to Essbase and initiates a calc script via VBA automations resulting in consolidated financials.
- Used VBA as a very powerful spreadsheet toolkit for automating Essbase/Excel retrieval task.
- Optimizing Aggregate Storage Option and Block Storage Option outline.
- Improved the performance i.e., optimized the Planning, Essbase system by changing the dimension order and working on configuration file including cache design technique.
- Used Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) for financial analysis and reporting and also created and modified numerous reports in Financial Reporting studio.
Environment: Hyperion Planning system 11 and 9.3/7.x, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Hyperion Shared Services 9.3/7.x, Hyperion Workspace, Essbase 9.x/7.x, HAL 4.x, Hyperion Interactive Reporting Studio 9.3/7.x, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Essbase Excel Add-in 7.X, Oracle 11g/10g, Ms Excel 2003/2007, Windows/Linux. OLAP Data Warehousing using Hyperion Essbase 7.0, Hyperion Planning 7.0, Essbase Excel Add-In, MS-Excel, Oracle & Windows 2000/SUN Solaris.