- To seek a challenging position in a revered organization and to work with a team of well - motivated and focused people, in a competitive environment, where my inborn traits of initiative & hard work can be tested with due honesty and harnessed to help achieve the organizational goals and to evolve as the most respected executive in Corporate World.
- Confidential is a DWH Specialist / ETL/BI Technical Architect/ Integration Lead with over ten years of experience in the Information Technology (IT) industry in helping clients align IT strategies with corporate strategic objectives across all departments, divisions, and locations.
- Throughout his IT career, Confidential has led several Enterprise Data Warehouse Implementation, Migration and up-gradation projects for clients in the Public Sector, Manufacturing, and Confidential, Insurance, Health and Financial Services Industries.
- Confidential continues to be involved with every phase of the Software development life cycle including feasibility studies, design, and implementation of medium to large scale Enterprise Data Warehouses.
- He has acquired over the years a comprehensive understanding of database design and data analysis from multiple perspectives (User, Architect, Designer and Developer) and has hands-on experience in designing, developing, and implementing ETL (Extraction, Transformation, and Load) framework and BI (Business Intelligence) solutions.
- He stays on top of current technology trends and he is up to date with Big Data Analytics and comfortable working on cloud platforms.
- Confidential is detail oriented and committed to deliver superior quality work.
- 10+ years of experience in Data Discovery & Analytics, Data Modeling, ETL Design & Build, BI reporting and Troubleshooting in the field of Data warehousing and Application Development.
- Expertise in ETL Tool Informatica which includes components like Power Center- Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor, Repository Manager, Repository Server Administration Console, Power Exchange CDC, IDE - Informatica Data Explorer, IDQ - Informatica Data Quality. Possess extensive experience in working with various Power Center Transformations using Designer Tool. Have handled various Data Sources like DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access, and MS Excel including MF COBOL EBCDIC Files, Flat Files and XML Files.
- Experience working with the customers and business to understand requirements and translate into IT solutions that meet the business needs.
- Strong Data warehousing experience specializing in RDBMS, Data Modelling, Data Integration (ETL) - Design, Architecting, Development & Testing, and Business Intelligence.
- Good experience in physical/logical data modelling using Erwin, Rational Rose.
- Diverse industry experience with verticals like Retail, Manufacturing, Health Care, Finance, Insurance and Public Sector with appropriate DW/ETL Implementations.
- Was involved in the complete life cycle (SDLC) of quite a few Data warehouse implementations which include System Architecture, Functional/Technical Design, Development - Coding and Testing (Unit Testing, System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing) and Implementation.
- Good experience in Unix Shell Scripting and ETL Process Automation using Shell Programming and Informatica. Good in Performance Tuning both at Database Level and Informatica Level.
- Proficiency in Oracle PL/SQL. Expert in creation of stored procedures and custom SQL to define ETL processes
- Experienced in scheduling the end-end job using tools like Autosys, Maestro, and Opcon etc.
- Strong knowledge in enterprise data integration using: EAI, ESB / ETL Integration Platform.
- Expertise with the Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Impala, Hive, Hue, Sqoop, Spark), NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase) and/or analytic data appliances (Netezza, Teradata). Comfortable working in the AWS ecosystem and Cloud based environment.
- Hands on experience in managing the Big Data Using Informatica BDE, Informatica BDM and App integration using Informatica Cloud Integration.
- Expertise in BI tools: Business Objects, OBIEE, Cognos and Tableau.
- Expertise in Microsoft business intelligence tools: SSIS,SSRS and SSAS
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude, enthusiastic yet practical: “Is it WORTH it, let us WORK it ”
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2008, DB2 z/OS, Netezza 6.1.x, Teradata 13.x, Salesforce, NoSQL DB(Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase), AWS Dynamo DB, Amazon Redshift DWH, Mainframe, SAP
- SQL, PLSQL Programming, UNIX Shell scripting, Java, Python, XML, Windows batch scripting basics.
- Informatica Power Center 7.x/8.x/9.5.x, Informatica Power Exchange, Informatica IDQ, Informatica MDM, Talend, SSIS, IBM InfoSphere DataStage 11.x, Ab Initio, Cognos Analytics 11.x, SAS, Tableau, Business Objects, OBIEE, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS Maestro(TWS), Ctrl-M, Autosys, Rational Rose, ERWIN etc.
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing, Big data Analytics, AWS Cloud Analytics.
- Dimensional Modelling, Master Data Management.
- Design and develop the data integration Platform.
- Collect the data Conversion requirements and translate them into technical specifications
- Work Closely with MDM Architects for the smooth handshake of the two systems.
- Created Framework to reconcile benefits between the legacy systems and GAIES.
- As added responsibility, took control over the Business Intelligence part to generate the dashboards and reports on timely manner.
- As added responsibility, took control over the Performance tuning part to deal with huge volume of records.
DWH Specialist/Integration Lead
- Responsible for the development of the overall vision of the data integration to meet business objectives.
- Collect the data requirements and translate them into technical specifications.
- Design and develop the data integration Platform.
- Identify opportunities for new architectural initiatives; makes recommendations on the increasing scalability and robustness of ETL platforms and solutions.
- Provides technical consulting and guidance to development teams for the design and development of highly complex or critical ETL architecture.
- Determine organizational strategies for data integrity validation processes and establish best practices for optimizing ETL data throughput/accessibility
- Adequate knowledge and understanding in data modeling, logical schema design and data management concepts.
DWH Tech Lead
- Provide technical leadership for projects, enhancements, and production.
- Provide direction, leadership, and mentorship to Data Warehouse resources to ensure quality of deliverables
- Analyze, monitor, and troubleshoot data warehouse loads - integration systems, tune and optimize data warehouse loading to enhance performance.
- Create and implement data warehouse load processes.
- Assist in developing and maintaining the logical, physical data models and metadata strategy of the data warehouse and Data Marts
ETL Lead Designer
- Provide technical leadership through Informatica Power Center ETL design & development for ODS and Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Lead teams of technical staff (UNIX and Informatica) for ETL architecture, design, development, unit testing, deployment and short-term warranty support
- Design and Develop automation processes to control data access, transformation and movement; ensures source system data availability and update accessibility, data integrity, restorability and appropriately handles errors, in a time sensitive manner
ETL Tech Lead
- Work collaboratively with the project manager to make sure that all aspects of the project are planned and delivered on a timely basis, and that deliver risks are recognized and mitigated.
- Create Teradata BTEQ and TPT scripts and use Teradata utilities to the maximum extent to enhance data load activities.
- Responsible for peer testing, code review and Impact analysis of the modules developed by other team members.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to new/junior ETL developers.
- Perform various tasks like implementing database design & ETL solutions, developing SQL stored procedures, providing SQL tuning and optimization, testing, etc.
- Design and develop Informatica Mappings and Sessions based on business rules provided, to integrate data from various sources into SAP R/3.
- Develop stored procedures, functions, Views and Triggers, Complex queries using SQL Server and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Create UNIX Shell Scripts and Maestro scheduler jobs to automate the end-end batch processing.
- Create and execute unit test cases to verify actual results against expected results and document the test results.
- Create deployment groups and migrate the code to different environments (QA, PROD etc).