- An Enterprise Architect and BI Manager with more than 10 years of strong hands - on data modeling, design, architecture, administration and implementation skills. Extensive experience in requirements gathering, logical and physical database design, definition of enterprise level data architecture requirements and strategies, data modeling, data mining, schema design and data integration implementations. Specialized proficiency in deriving and applying business intelligence findings to develop innovation strategies for both functional and executive level teams. Experience creating enterprise application architecture design, standards and best practices. Effective at communicating with integrity to all levels of the organization throughout the project life cycle.
Confidential, Minnetonka, MN
Business Solution Domain Architect
- Mentor peers and project team in application of enterprise architecture concepts using TOGAF 9 Certification
- Facilitate the elicitation of solutions for programs with high-visibility including: Essential Health Benefits, PCCM, TRICARE, HIPAA/NIST/Privacy logging and monitoring, and HealthPlan ID.
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them within the Clinical Services Domain.
- Collaborate with business customer and technology teams using approved RSA processes.
- Perform data analysis using data requirements to provide standard structure and definitions across the clinical domain.
- Analyze and solve complex problems in creation of innovative solutions to meet business requirements.
- Coach, provide feedback, and guide individuals and teams as a Solution Architect team member, acting as a resource for others with less experience.
- Provide guidance on ways to standardize process flows across the Clinical Domain to business partners where processes impact application functionality.
- Negotiate, resolve, and prioritize complex issues and discrepancies of understanding between user groups.
- Create solution summary artifacts with identification of high-level milestones and solution design.
- Lead and facilitate the creation of analysis estimates for projects.
- Work with other capability owners to identify assimilation of solution between projects with overlapping business requirements and scope.
Cambria Belle, Plaine, MN
Business Intelligence Manager & Enterprise Architect
- Directed hiring, supervision, development and, when necessary, termination of employees.
- Conducted orientation and oversaw the training of new employees in department
- Developed employees by providing ongoing feedback and establishing performance expectations
- Collect, analyze and translate stakeholder requirements for projects to development team.
- Direct manager of 3 application developers and 2 business analysts and cross-matrix manager of Business Partner Service department consisting of 29 employees.
- Initiate an enterprise-level real-time order entry interface that integrated previously independent ERP and CRM database servers reducing order processing time by 50%.
- Manage 23 enterprise-level application projects throughout the lifecycle the project affecting Sales, IS/IT, Finance, Production, and Operations departments.
- Model and migrate to a public cloud architecture extending standard Salesforce.com functionality to capture accurate data while eliminating 4 siloed applications saving $50 thousand in annual licensing fees.
- Architect a private cloud infrastructure for enterprise electronic document sharing allowing for a 99% reduction in paper usage within the Business Partner Services Department.
- Devise, architect, and program a customized inventory management system for Company Store and Samples departments with a 75% reduction in time for inventory reconciliation and claims management.
- Manage integration and mapping of web server infrastructure for enterprise-level application including IIS, Apache, Railo, ColdFusion, .NET, Java, and SharePoint.
- Assist in developing modular applications utilizing the .NET Framework for enterprise-level applications to include: online order submissions and fulfillment, HR performance management, inventory control, and customer account management.
- Mediate application design conflicts between departments that utilize the enterprise architecture.
- Work directly with the Marketing Department to ensure consistent branded messaging across all communication channels.
- Contribute to innovation through evaluating solutions, leveraging resources, independent thinking and integrity of ideas while being platform and technology agnostic in governing documents.
- Attend all new IT project kick-off events and provide support in ideation and direction for project adherence to IT roadmap acting as the IT liaison to ensure oversight and compliance with IT strategic vision.
- Provide cross stream collaboration support to other major groups within the same project including Data Management, Process Improvement, Metric Governance, and Technology
- Develop and document governance strategies for complex business decisions regarding business-partner relations.
- Integrate custom Customer Relationship Management application with ERP application developing 26 core initiatives for business partner relations.
- Formulate blueprint and assist in implementation of replicated MSSQL database server for enterprise Business Intelligence report server increasing reporting response time by 57%.
- Identify major data aggregates; define complex architecture diagrams for existing upstream and downstream processes by interviewing more than 50 applications.
- Institute process for enterprise data dictionary and standardize change management process for data governance.
- Oversee change management processes for existing applications and maintain architecture models.
- Identify reference data and golden sources among duplicate data used across many applications. Analyze captured information for existing architecture and processes to recommend process changes and other areas of improvement to the management for installing new procedures to improve data accuracy and process efficiency.
- Author functional and business requirements and design documents for the ERP integration project.
- Architect and design enterprise CRM API, resulting in a synchronization of customer data from multiple sources and the creation of one access point to retrieve and maintain data.
- Decommission applications and servers through the reuse of existing technologies and platforms.
- Partner with senior leaders to increase investment transparency and enable business outcomes via capability models that depict each respective function’s people, financials, and processes in the context of the overall company’s objectives.
- Collaborate with Server Support group to maintain infrastructure architecture through virtualization of 80% of the server environment while maintaining response time to users.
- Responsible for conducting business transformation efforts to achieve business outcomes, increase business alignment, and reduce operational complexity via the transformation of the current state to the improved business state (e.g., increased revenue; opportunity creation; cost avoidance; and cost reduction).
- Document and maintain migration paths for projects in relation to the IT roadmap to ensure forward progression in IT and Business strategic plan.
- Maintain governance of enterprise artifacts and project-level integrations involving change management with those artifacts.
- Anticipate stakeholder concerns and ensure applications are developed to requirements.
- Analyze and evaluate technological trends in the market to anticipate needs for business partners.
- Partner with Sales, Sales Operations, Marketing, and Finance departments to conduct an analysis of each respective function’s capabilities in parallel with a current state analysis of sales force enablement composed of Marketing tools and Sales Operations data & reporting tools.
Confidential, Plymouth, MN
Business Development Manager
- Performed duties of webmaster for corporate websites including 6 divisional websites
- Managed all e-marketing campaigns
- Synthesized new ideas for e-business ventures for the company
- Project manager for any web-related projects
- Liaison between web developers and senior management staff
Confidential, Saint Paul, MN
Business Analyst, Surplus/Modular Equipment Coordinator
- Developed, implemented, and maintained software and web page used enterprise wide so that basic administrative needs of agency staff can be met successfully
- Architected the Materials Management/Inventory software for the ordering, storing, managing, and maintenance of agency supplies, literature, and laboratory materials