A self - starter who thrives in a fast paced environment, results-driven financial management professional with creative and dynamic leadership skills in organization and administration of financial applications. Progressively responsible experience with implementing and supporting, monitoring financial planning infrastructure and Budget in support of financial planning applications in a diverse environments. Proven expertise in technical business intelligence areas including data warehousing, data marts, reporting and analytics effective communicator: both orally and in writing.
- Project Management Data Management & Maintenance
- Sarbanes Oxley &Compliance Controls Production Processes & Standards
- Financial & Technical & Data Query Accounting and Budget System Tools
- User Security & Administration Staff Training & Development
- Secret Security Clearance Documentation & Procedures
Proficient in: Excel, Access, Hyperion (Essbase, Smartview, HFM, FDM, Planning, Security, and Reporting, Ledger & Journal Tools, JDE, PeopleSoft Oracle Financials, SAP and BPC (EPM Add-in) Query Management Facility Tools, Reporting and Financial Planning Systems.
Business Intelligence SAP/BPC Systems Manager
- Demonstrated experience with (Oracle) Hyperion software and Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) version 11, managed Windows Server 2008 R2, RedHat, Linux, Oracle 12.
- Coordinated and supports the system aspects of the monthly/quarterly/annual consolidation and financial planning processes for the US, Latin America, and Canadian regions.
- Worked across departments to ensure that financial tools and processes are consistent with the objectives of the finance/planning organization.
- Provided financial analysis, business modeling, and ad-hoc analysis to support management including variance and trend analysis and risk/opportunity commentary.
- Interviewed business users and subsequently developed and documented business requirements and design specifications.
Financial Planning Management
- Performed operations and maintenance on (Oracle) Hyperion applications, software/patch upgrades. Supervised a team of technical system administrators and subject matter experts to gather financial requirements, design, build, and test and document multiple environments, forms, and reports to be utilized by all Planning application users.
- Managed end user support including resolution of system issues related to the financial applications and validate and audit data associated compliance controls.
- Performed application changes to entities, accounts, calculations/business rules, and migration of data, as well as maintain security roles and access for various licensed users.
- Created reports by designing and defining the report object properties including text boxes, grids, images, and charts. Planned and executed unit integration and acceptance testing.
- Knowledge of configuring dimensions, optimal dimension design, and identify alternate hierarchies.
- Manage configuring Essbase application components, business rules and calc scripts.
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), the front end data load system, Financial Data Quality Manager (FDM), and continued improvement in the submissions processes, data quality collected from the business units and end user reporting from HFM. This role will work closely with the HFM Systems Application Manager - External Reporting, to assist in the management of all applications and scenarios within HFM and ensures all identified reporting requirements of the Financial Reporting
- Ongoing monitoring, analysis, and troubleshooting of systems issues including maintenance, upgrades and new system requirements, and audit controls.
- Collaboration with corporate accounting and financial reporting departments regarding improvements and/or changes needed to keep applications up-to-date and relevant in the face of changing corporate requirements.
- Interpreted generally defined practices and methods, recognized and acted on inconsistencies in data or results and escalates unusual problems.
- Built and maintained relationships with Finance Management and Financial Analysts by understanding their reporting requirements and upstream processes and solutions.
- Modify data forms, web forms, task list, load source data into Hyperion, develop reports using Financial Reporting Studio.
- Spearheaded all Financial Planning documentation developed during the Upgrade to ensure it details the current application, supporting infrastructure, and system complexities to enable full documentation to assist knowledge sharing and future support initiatives.
- Exhibited strong leadership, collaboration, accounting and finance to effectively engage peers.
- Coordinated Financial Support activities between business and IT resources to ensure timely completion of user requested and reported issues. Analyzed root-cause issues and provided and implemented solutions.
- Identified process changes and issue escalation procedures needed to be created, modified, or communicated to the business leaders.
- Maintained mappings, and metadata changes including extracting, loading, and updating metadata structure in order to move forward with the upgrade process.
- Built, maintained and enhanced SmartView ad-hoc reports and templates
Business Intelligent - Senior Systems Analyst
- Assisted Dire end divisional accounting and financial system close and preparation of the monthly consolidated reporting package.
- Coached and counseled team members to translate customer and organizational objectives and critical success factors into actionable business, organization and technology strategies.
- Managed assignments where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making choices, recommendations, or decisions.
- Regularly exercised discretion and independent judgment on business matters and mitigate issues before problem arise.
- Tested all systems/configuration changes to the process flow procedures.
Assistant Director Financial Systems
- Supported audit development and completion of system security controls and validations.
- Developed management solutions for high-volume data processing and reporting. Assisted with ad-hoc design, delivery, and improvement of all financial applications. Identified accounting operations and processes and creating related flow charts to track procedures.
- Directed application design, implementation, and provided all aspects of financial support modules including AP, AR, PO, GL, iProcurement, and iSupplier, INV, OM, FA and Projects.
- Supported multiple applications and modules for multiple business groups, distributed and documented all issues and processes.
- Collaborated with IT and business leaders to develop and implement an overall Business strategy.
Business Systems Federal Analyst
- Evaluated, developed, and executed public accounting policies and procedures for compliance with Government standards, accounting principles, and multi-tiered system application standards.
- Managed Financial Applications for scheduled /unscheduled maintenance, upgrades, new components, and patches.
- Developed training materials and training classes for Financial/Budget users on the Financials integration system.
- Solicited business requirements by leading team discussions to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Supported and maintain an integrated system of financial services including accounting, budgeting, and financial reporting for recurring and non-recurring applications.
- Produced and developed policies and procedures in relation to financial systems. Ensuring that all policies and procedures focus on maintaining good internal controls.
- Identified gaps and areas for improvement in current environment and recommend/implement appropriate solutions contributing business and process perspective during business review.
- Prioritized application change requests to ensure that the most important and/or most positive impact are developed and deployed.
- Assisted and Implemented Sarbanes Oxley in establishing key control points.