- Business Intelligence architect and project manager with over 20 years of experience leading or participating in multiple enterprise planning, reporting, profitability, and decision support systems. Strong track record of project success and a proven record of unwavering project support for clients in such industries as Insurance, Healthcare, Public Sector, Entertainment, Hospitality, Defense, Energy, Biomedical, and Consumer Goods.
- Core competencies for enterprise performance management technology include core soft and technical skills.
- I bring a project vision for overall design and architecture of Planning and other information management solutions; a vision for business transformation using cutting - edge technologies; a sound understanding of project evolution from requirements to post go-live management; an understanding of the dynamics of client/consultant relationship, as well as the importance of effective client knowledge transfer. I bring effective mentoring and team-building skills to ensure the health and vitality of projects.
- Possess technical/functional knowledge and implementation skills to ensure solutions consistently solve client business challenges with an emphasis on business efficiency and transformation.
- Considerable experience with information management competencies such as data architecture, data integrations, business intelligence, KPI dashboards, and general software engineering. Versed in Kimball methodology for data warehouse design, instrumental in providing a consistent methodology to all EPM implementations.
- Extensive experience in program budget management providing coordination and support for budget formulation/execution processes in biomedical and clinical environments.
- International work experience in Germany and Southeast Asia.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Project Management
- PMI Project and Agile Methodologies, PMP and PMI-ACP Certified
- Requirements, RTM, WBS, schedule, resources, UAT, risk, status updates
- Project planning, quality control, risk analysis, resource management, status reporting, stakeholder management
- Project proposals
- Financial Management
- Program budget management, budget formulation and execution processes
- Financial analysis, requirements analysis, business process flow analysis
- Activity Based Cost modeling and cost allocations
- Human resources
- Enterprise Performance Management (EPM)
- Hyperion Planning: Workforce, Confidential, Project Financial Planning, Public Sector Planning and Budgeting (PSPB), Essbase
- Essbase, Calculation Manager, Hyperion Financial Reporting, Interactive Reporting, Smart View
- FDMEE, Oracle Data Integrator (ODI), Data Relationship Management (DRM)
- Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management (HPCM), Performance Scorecard
- Applix TM1 Perspectives
- Knowledge Management (KM), Data Management, Business Intelligence
- Exsys Corvid Expert Systems
- Dashboards, KPI development, decision support systems, rules-based expert systems
- Microsoft SQL Server Analytic Services (SSAS), Integration Services (SSIS)
- Data warehouse architecture, data analysis, data modeling, OLAP modeling, Erwin
- SAP Business Objects
- Application Development
Solution Architect Manager
- Provided assessments of operational and technical baselines while providing insight and solutions to deficiencies of the overall budget execution funds distribution system.
- Additional focus on creating technical strategies for enhanced operations.
Confidential, Houston, TX
Business Intelligence Solution Architect
- Performed assessments of current state architecture and subsequent application/system roadmaps.
- Creation of future state architectural standards, processes for team-based development, code release management, and disaster recovery.
- Partnered with IT and FP&A to identify system and data integration enhancements.
- Review of SOWs and proposals for Hyperion system upgrade, assessments, and enhancements.
- Worked closely with consulting partners during Hyperion upgrade, assessments, DRM master data implementation, and all future state architectures.
Overall Solutions Architect
- Modules included employee-level salary projections, budget formulation ( Confidential Justifications), budget execution, financial reporting, cost allocations, appropriations, and continuing resolutions.
- Led efforts in requirements and design with weekly client touchpoints per functional module.
- RTM, design document, process flow diagrams, and client presentations.
- Responsible for solution implementation, UAT, documentation, training.
- Supported PMO activities.
- Oversaw systems and processes for budgeting, planning, forecasting, staffing, allocations, reporting, analytics, and central financial data management.
- Managed and controlled ongoing development, upgrades, and operations support of the Hyperion system as well as the corporate data warehouse.
- Vendor selection management, contract management, request for proposal review.
- Liaison between Finance, HR, IT, and support vendors in the implementation, enhancement, and support of Finance IT solutions.
- Prototyped HPCM and Confidential modules for enhanced legacy allocations and capital expenditure processes.
- Provided guidance and oversight for system testing, user training and the development of user and systems documentation.
Manager, Specialist Master
- Manager and solutions architect roles within the Federal Performance Management Technology practice with focus on Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) and Knowledge Management
- Architecture, re-design, re-implementation, and testing of a centralized Hyperion OPEX, Workforce Planning, and Public Sector Planning and Budgeting (PSPB) Planning solution for 33 hospitals and 110 health centers.
- Business processes for execution included development of operating budgets, spend plans, continuing resolutions, FY carryforwards, apportionments, allotments, allowances, and position and employee-level salary projections.
- Project entailed extensive modifications and re-writes to existing processes, forms, calculations, integrations, and reports.
- Performed classroom training activities in over ten locations across the US.