- 6 (Six) Years of experience in IT System development which includes Tableau, Data Analysis and Business Intelligence Technologies
- Expertise in developing data visualization using Tableau Desktop versions 8.1/9.x/10, Tableau Reader, Tableau Public, and Tableau Server
- Technical hands - on experience with full range of BI Skills using Tableau 9X,10X Tableau Desktop, Tableau Server and Tableau Public, MS SQL Server, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Expertise in Tableau BI reporting tools, Tableau Dashboards Developments & Server Administration
- Mastered in creating solution driven dashboards by developing different chart types including Crosstabs, Heat/Geo/Tree Maps, Pie/Bar Charts, Circle Views, Line/Area Charts, Scatter Plots, Bullet Graphs, and Histograms in Tableau Desktop
- Experience in configuring reports from different data sources using data blending
- Expertise in Tableau advanced analysis features like Actions, Calculations, forecasting, Parameters and Trend lines
- Proficient Star Schema dimensional modeling understanding business processes, modeling dimensions, hierarchies and facts.
- Experience in data warehousing such as dimensional modeling, ER modeling, star and snowflake schemas, data marts, fact and dimension tables identification, and Operational Data Store (ODS).
- Creating Named Queries and Named calculations. Creating Dimensions, Hierarchies and levels, Star and Snowflake schemas using SSAS.
- Designed reports with complex sub reports, Drill down, Cross Tabs, formulas, functions, parameters, schedule reports, alerts, multiple grouping, running totals, Charts, graphs, mapping, multiple sections
- Experience in working/migration of data with SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) as an ETL tool for Data integration services and business applications. Creating SSIS packages using various Data transformations like conditional splitting, Derived column, Fuzzy Look Up, for each Loop, Multi Cast, column conversion
- Experience in Data Conversion and Data Migration using SSIS and DTS services across different databases namely Oracle, MS access and flat files
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries involving multiple table’s inner and outer joins, stored procedures
- Experience in using variables, expressions, functions and defining Query for generating drill down reports in SSRS
- Responded to End-User requests according to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and enforced Security practices and procedures consistently
Analytical Tools: Power BI, MS Excel (VBA), SSAS, Power Query
Reporting Tools: Tableau, MS SSRS
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2005/2008 R2/2012/2016, MS-Access, MySQL
ETL Tools: SSIS 2008R2/2012
Programming Languages: SQL, R, HTML, Java
Statistical Analysis Methods: Regression Analysis, Hypothesis Testing, ANOVA, Random Forest
Operating Systems: Windows server 2008R2/2012
Software and Tools: MS Visio, MS Office, R Studio, Xampp, PhpMyAdmin, Microsoft Project
Confidential, Las Vegas, NV
Tableau Developer/ Data Analyst
- Gathered Techno- Functional requirements to oversee the end to end development and deployment of the solution
- Actively involved in gathering requirements from end users, involved in modifying various technical & functional specifications.
- Involved in installation and configuration of Tableau Server.
- Developed interactive data visualizations and developed automated processes for updating content used in standardized dashboards.
- Experience with the design and development of Tableau visualization solutions
- Hands on experience in design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop-down menu option using Tableau.
- Created filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Published customized interactive reports and dashboards to Tableau server.
- Outlined and created different analytical reports from various information sources by blending data on a single worksheet in Tableau Desktop.
- Worked deeply in Calculations, Parameters, Maps, Trend Lines, Statistics, Groups, hierarchies, Sets to create detail level summary report and Dashboard using KPI's.
- Created customized reports using various chart types like text tables, bar, pie, Heat maps, line charts, Area charts, scatter plot, dual combinations charts in Tableau.
- Involved in generating dual-axis bar chart with multiple measures and data blending in case of merging different sources.
- Experienced in writing Parameterized Queries for generating Tabular reports.
- Involved in testing and executing the SQL Scripts for report development, Tableau reports, Dashboards, Scorecards before publishing.
- Maintained server activities, user activity, and customized views on Server Analysis.
- Created Business requirement documents and plans for creating dashboards.
- Performed Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) from Different Data Sources including MS SQL Server
- Extracted data from multiple data sources namely MS Access, R and MS Excel performing Data Blending for further analysis
- Generated Workflows, Macros using MS Excel and MS Access in order to automate data extraction tasks from different sources for further complex reporting and dashboarding
- Augmented dashboards and reports by the use of calculated fields, hierarchies, mappings and drilldowns
- Developed Tableau workbooks to perform year over year, quarter over quarter, YTD, QTD and MTD type of analysis
- Worked on the development of Dashboard reports for the Key Performance Indicators for the top management.
- Verified and tested Dashboards to ensure data matching as per the business requirements
Confidential, Las Vegas, NV
- Designed, developed, tested and maintained Tableau functional reports based on user requirements
- Developed Tableau reports using Combo charts, Heat Maps, Box and Whisker charts, Scatter plots, Geographic maps and Histograms
- Developed donut charts for analyzing sales planning data and different KPI's using Table calculations and calculated key figures, manipulating strings, arithmetic calculations, aggregation options and Logical functions
- Worked extensively with Advance analytics like Lines and Bands, Trend Line, data building Groups, Hierarchies and sets
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Worked and generating various workbooks and dashboards extracting data from various sources such as Oracle, SQL Server and data files using data blending and joins.
- Involved in creating database objects like tables, views, procedures, triggers, functions using T-SQL to provide definition, structure and to maintain data efficiently.
- Created URL Actions to navigate from one Dashboard visual to another visual opened in a new browser window using separate TDE to improve Report performance.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Generated dashboards with quick filters, parameter and sets to handle views more efficiently.
- Worked extensively with Advance analysis Actions, Calculations, Parameters, Background images, Maps.
- Good SQL reporting skills with the ability to create SQL views and write SQL queries.
- Designed and developed ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) to populate data from various sources using SSIS
- Created SQL Server jobs and scheduled them to load data periodically using SQL server Agent
- Delivered SSRS reports using drill-down capabilities and graphical representation using charts and dashboards
Confidential, Parsippany, NJ
- Experimented using various advanced Tableau features namely Global, local, context filters, parameters and Groups enhancing reporting and dashboarding quality
- Prepared project reports for management and assisted the project manager in the development of weekly and monthly status reports, policies and procedures.
- Developing and maintaining high level overview of the project and design flows using MS Visio.
- Creating and modifying Business Intelligence analytical reports using Tableau.
- Developed customized calculations when required.
- Created histograms, pie charts, box plots, scatter plots for inventory management, background maps illustrating the total value change with respect to several weeks ago data
- Created various actions in database like filter actions to send information to other tableau worksheets.
- Designed business intelligence dashboard using Tableau Desktop and publish in Tableau server, allowing executive management to view current and past performance sales trends, forecast sales, and to track existing customer sales.
- Create, customize & share interactive web dashboards in minutes with simple drag & drop method and access dashboards from any browser or tablet.
- Actively involved in testing new/upgraded features like new Visualizations, Forecasting, Data Blending, Parallelized Dashboard, Hyperlink Objects, Color-coded tabs etc. in Tableau 8 desktop/Server.
- Worked on sales data where OLAP cubes are built and used for building repositories and dashboards.
- Created complex data Views Manually using multiple measures, also used sort, Filter, group, Create Set functionality.
- Worked on building queries to retrieve data into Tableau from MySQL Workbench and developed T-SQL statements for loading data into Target Database.
- Responsible for daily communications to management and internal organizations regarding status of all assigned projects and tasks.
- Developed complex reports using multiple measures like Individual Axes, Dual Axes and Blended Axes to demonstrate Sales KPIs, metrics namely Sales Funnel Leakage, Marketing Collateral Usage
- Created custom reports highlighting sales KPIs using complex stored procedures
- Built and published customized interactive sales cycle metrics, revenue reports and dashboards on Tableau server
- Established the use of ETL capabilities on the Query Editor in Power BI to convert raw spreadsheet data to fine analytics-capable processed data further to generate reports
- Developed complex SQL queries using common table expressions(CTEs) to support Power BI reports
SQL Server / Tableau Developer
- Developed SQL Server Stored Procedures, Tuned SQL Queries ( using Indexes)
- Implemented dynamic SQL queries in stored procedures using temporary tables.
- Generated reports using SQL Server Reporting Services 2005/2008 from OLTP and OLAP data sources.
- Implemented advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and decoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
- Involved in all phases of the application software lifecycle (SDLC) including design development, testing and deployment.
- End-to-end Tableau Designer expertise from dashboard design/development to deployment/maintenance. Hands-on skills with use of action filters, user filters, advanced navigation techniques, Level-of-Detail (LOD) expressions.
- Hands-on skills and deep experience working with the latest Tableau Server version, its Administration and the Maintenance. Experience working with Extracts, Live datasets, managing access privileges
- Tableau development lifecycle from gathering requirements and designing solutions
- Connected to Oracle databases directly creating the dimensions, hierarchies and levels on Tableau desktop
SQL Server developer / Data Analyst
- Acquired Distribution metrics data from multiple data sources including MS SQL Server, Oracle onto Tableau for further complex reporting
- Created quick filter in Tableau to identify revenues generated in individual states, cities highlighting the distribution centers in each of them
- Created and modified tables, views, triggers, Indexes, User Defined Functions, Stored Procedures, cursors in SQL Server
- Wrote the complex queries using joints, Sub-queries, common table expressions (CTE) in T-SQL
- Executed Database Administration activities including Index maintenance, Database consistency check, Updating Database Statistics and DR strategy
- Rebuilt indexes at regular intervals enhancing database performance
- Installed SQL Server 2008 on development and production servers setting up databases, users, roles and permission
- Created business critical key performance indicators (KPIs) using SQL Server Analysis Services
- Designed and created distributed reports in multiple formats such as Excel, PDF, XML, HTML and CSV using SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Employed different statistical analysis methods including Regression Analysis, Random Forest onto Excel to identify the factors affecting the distribution metrics namely Order Shipment Cycle Time, Customer Backorder Rate
- Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left, and right joins in Tableau Desktop by connecting live/dynamic and static datasets
- Created Database objects like tables, views, procedures, triggers, functions using T-SQL providing definition, structure and maintaining data efficiently