- Results - oriented Software Project Manager/Business Analyst professional and Certified Scrum Master with more than 12 years of experience in implementing business and technical solutions within fast-paced technical environments. Demonstrated expertise in developing and documenting comprehensive information technology (IT) solutions in support of business operations. Strong project management skills, adept at leading critical business initiatives and guiding technical teams in scope definition, systems design, user acceptance testing, risk mitigation and budget management. Knowledgeable of software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, with an in-depth understanding of how best practices and well-trained staff work combine to ensure that project tasks and deliverables are completed. Solid interpersonal skills, able to cultivate professional relationships with clients, vendors, and all levels of internal stakeholders. Areas of strength include:
Release Manager - Consultant
- Conducted release planning meetings for five product teams. Facilitated implementation and Go/No-Go meetings and represent high and medium risks during Change Advisory Board (CAB). Meetings.
- Managed monthly TruStage Campaign releases.
- Worked with developers in the identification of issues discovered during implementation of code along with being Point of Contact to manage open issues until resolution.
- Planned and supported integrated platform releases utilizing Agile/Scrum process.
- Developed revised release management process for AdvantEdgeAnalytics (AEA) division within CUNA.
- Point of Contact for (CAB) for AEA division.
- Planned, lead and supported enterprise platform releases.
- Prioritized scope with DevOps, Middleware and Product Development teams.
- Supported incident tickets utilizing Salesforce tool.
- Conducted release planning meetings for eleven feature and two systems team for Card Partnership (credit card division of Capital One). Facilitated implementation and Go/No-Go meetings, and represent high and medium risks during executive release meetings.
- Prioritized scope and coordinated release scheduling, roadmaps, and deployment dates. Performed incident analysis, and monitored the status of project milestones, reporting metrics to stakeholders.
- Consulted and worked with developer team members in the development of technical specifications to assist in creation of product backlog using JIRA and Version One.
- Planned and supported integrated platform releases utilizing Agile/Scrum process, while actively driving alignment of platform changes to pre-defined release schedules and identifying conflicts with other planned releases.
- Supported maintenance tickets and workflows within the work management tool; utilizing Agile methodologies and best practices, and monitoring adherence to the Software Development Lifecycle.
Senior Business AnalystConfidential
- Collaborated with project managers and coordinated project scheduling with a focus on delivery deadlines. Generated weekly and monthly business analytic progress reports for senior executives.
- Built and groomed product backlog for each two week deliverable using JIRA and Version One. Created short and long term product roadmaps, and assisted product owners with the management of team member work assignments.
- Consulted with non-technical business partners, analyzing and documenting business requirements in order to recommend technical applications that benefit operations.
- Developed conceptual design documents that included project definition, alternative solutions, scope of work, and functional specifications (specs) for new systems and updates to existing systems.
- Executed test plans and managed testing resources to track defects throughout the various phases of testing (integration, user acceptance, and regression) and report test status to leadership.
Business Systems Analyst
- Developed and implemented project plans that included specs, documentation and work flow analysis for a call center and legacy-based finance/leasing and property casualty insurance systems. Conducted JAD sessions and supervised and executed test scripts/plans in manual environments.
- Researched information to ensure that databases contained accurate information. Resolved conflicting or erroneous data in order to maintain data integrity in alignment with compliance standards.
Senior Business Analyst
- Created and implemented project plans that included specs, documentation and work flow analysis for three insurance subsidiaries, and conducted JAD sessions with internal stakeholders.
- Oversaw User Acceptance Testing for property casualty reinsurance and claim projects. Developed, supervised, and executed test scripts/plans in a manual environment.
- Identified potential solutions and assessed them for both technical and business suitability, developing recommendations for productivity and quality improvements, including process re-engineering.
- Designed training materials for end users (i.e. reinsurance and claims). Developed ten web-based reinsurance financial reports and received two “Excellence in Work” awards from senior management.
Senior Business Analyst
- Developed business and functional requirements for Allstate Insurance RTB division. Conducted JAD sessions with internal stakeholders, performing business gap analysis for requirement completion.
- Developed functional requirements for AC Nielsen Answers application and reconfigured the functional requirements template document. Assisted with User Acceptance Testing for project releases and conducted JAD sessions with global stakeholders (i.e.Pacific, Europe, and Latin America).
Senior Business Analyst
- Oversaw electronic knowledge network database for the Property Casualty commercial insurance division. Supervised team in debugging efforts for claim foundation project with Guidewire company (i.e. over $100 million project).
- Performed extensive research and analysis of business gaps and identified areas for potential system enhancements. Developed the requirements for a multi-phase system.
Operating Systems: Windows8/XP/Vista | Windows Servers 2000/2003/2007/2010
Software: MS Office 2016 (PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project, Outlook, Visio) | Test Director, Perfect Tracker | HPSM | JIRA | SQL | HTML | VSS | Filenet | Clear Quest | PeopleSoft SharePoint | Lotus Notes | Knowledge Link | Version One | Salesforce, Tealeaf, TFS, Teams, Trello and Citrix
Methodologies: Agile | Caliber RM | RUP
Developer Firms: Guidewire and Insurity