- Master of Statistics with 8 years experience of SQL Server, Oracle, Access database and Data Loading and Reporting tools such as SSIS, SSRS and Crystal Reports, and with good knowledge on SQL Server analysis services(SSAS).
- Experience in RDBMS concepts, data warehousing concepts, OLTP, and OLAP. Depth in knowledge in database structure, data architecture, and data modeling.
- Strong data management and reporting experience on quantitative analysis. Experience with reporting and analysis tools (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Professional experience on load variety of large volume data files into SQL server 2008/2012 database tables, migrate Oracle tables into SQL Server database tables and generate Reports with SSRS.
- Experience on high performance data integration solutions - Microsoft SQL Server Integration Service (SSIS), including extraction, transformation, and load (ETL) packages for data warehousing.
- Robust MS Access and Excel skills with Pivot tables.
- Proven ability to approach problems effectively, prioritize and complete multiple tasks.
- SQL Server installation, login, role and permission configuration.
- Team player, quick learner, critical thinker, excellent problem solving skills.
- U.S. Green Card holder.
Database: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, SSIS, OLAP, MySQL 5.2, Access
Reporting: Access, SSRS, Crystal Reports 2008, Excel, PowerPivot, Tableau, Power BI
Language: SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Excel /Access, Visual Basic, C#
Statistical Package: SAS, S-Plus
MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Outlook
BI Reporting Analyst
Confidential, Plano, Texas
- Successfully installed Visual studio 2017 and SQL Server Data tool (SSDT) into database server.
- Created SSIS package using SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio(BIDS) extract data from flat file, and load data into database table, such as using FTP Task to download a large file, using Execute Process Task to unzip files, using Execute SQL Task to run Stored procedure to insert new data, update existing data in database table.
- Working on Multi-values DBs, such as UniData. Downloaded and Installed UniDate 8.2 for Windows, and transfer UniData data to SQL Server database tables using SSIS.
- Created LOE(Lease Operating Expenses) reports using SSRS
Trading Compliance Analyst - BI Analyst
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Worked at the Trading Compliance department. Critical member of development team focused on the daily surveillance and monitoring of wholesale energy trading activity.
- Requirement gathering, Design, coding and Maintenance of Training database supporting over 1,500+ courses.
- Created database, tables with constraints, indexes, developed many T-SQL procedures, analyzed data using advance SQL group functions, sub-queries. Generated SSRS reports such as Completed Courses for Employee, Training Course Not Taken by Employee, and Training Course Not Taken for Supervisor, etc.
- Created SSIS packages to extract Exchange Position Limits data from flat files, excel files, reformat the data and insert into database tables. Generated daily Exchange Position Limits report using Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS).
- Design, coding and maintenance of Exchange Position Limits aggregation rules.
- Developed custom calculated measures using DAX in Power BI, generated visualizations, dashboards, and reports using Power BI desktop.
- Data reconciliation (Allegro, POF, FCM reports).
- Prepared all sorts of Excel reports with advanced excel skills, such as INDEX, VLOOKUP, etc.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Worked on the Subsurface Data Assets project. Collected data (including well logs, drilling, geophysical, and engineering, etc.) from various data sources, mapped the data into database objects, and loaded data into project and master data stores using SQL queries.
- Expertise of using Toad for Oracle 11g. Created Oracle database tables, imported data into staging tables, then pursued data cleansing and auditing, and loaded data into test database tables using PL/SQL scripts and stored procedures.
- Manipulated data using SQL queries, PL/SQL, built the DB Links, migrated data into the Product DB from testing databases, and created the stored procedures.
- Extensively used Joins and sub-queries for complex queries involving multiple tables from different databases. Increased the performance of database activity after performance monitoring, tuning and optimizing indexes.
- Independently developed many SQL procedures, analyzed data in Master Well database using advance SQL group functions, sub-queries. Created summary reports and ad-hoc reports using Excel 2010, power pivot.
- Generated variety of business reports using SQL Server 2008 SSRS including matrix report, parameter report, dashboard with charts and drill down function; built reports from Analysis Services Cube using Multidimensional Expressions(MDX) in SQL Server Management Studio; configured report server and deployed reports on web server and SharePoint, built Performance Points Dashboards in SharePoint 2010.
- Successfully downloaded and installed SQL Server 2008 into database server.
- Configured SQL Server 2008R2 parameter files to adjust the memory usage and file size.
- Created many database tables with constraints including primary key, foreign key, unique key, etc.
- Loaded data from flat data files into SQL Server 2008 database tables using bcp, bulk insert, and table export/import; loaded data from flat data files and excel sheets into Oracle database using SQL*Loader and SQL Developer.
- Independently implemented SQL Server 2008 database, developed process loading Apache web log data into staging tables in database, then doing data cleansing and load into final destination tables using T-SQL functions and stored procedures.
- Independently developed many T-SQL procedures, analyzed data in the destination table using advance SQL group functions, sub-queries. Generated business report such as: daily, weekly, and monthly web click, daily unique IP visitors report, most frequently clicked web page report.
- Participated in the data warehouse development from OLTP database. Designed ETL SSIS packages, multidimensional data modeling, data mining structure and algorithms. Reports generation and deployment used SSRS report service
- Created SSIS packages using SQL Server 2008 SSIS Designer to extract data from flat file, reformat the data, and insert the reformatted data into fact table, loaded different types of dimension and fact tables into data warehouse, deployed SSIS packages and solutions into production system using SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS).
- Developed projects using SQL Server 2008 SSAS, created data source/data source view/cube with measure and dimensions, configured attributes of dimension table with hierarchy relationships; modified cube and dimension, deployed KPIs on SSRS and created different metrics, added new measure groups and dimensions; created data-mining solutions in BIDS, deployed them to SSAS instance, trained the model and queried the model using Data Mining Extensions (DMX).
- Assisted with courses in Elementary Statistics for the Social Sciences, Intermediate Statistical Analysis, and Statistical Methods.
- Created Access database for the international student information management.
- Researched on Women’s Reproductive Health Study which relates a variety of biological and chemical factors using SAS and S-Plus statistical software.
- Analyzed data in MS Excel and created forecasting models.
- Wrote technical reports and memos including interpreting and summarizing analysis results.
Sales Engineer, Project Manager
- Sales and technical support of “ Telephone Service Billing System” (VB software system)
- Professional experience of Widows OS installation & Microsoft Office application
Structure Design Engineer
- Designed, constructed, and assembled the electronic instruments’ structure in measurement instruments’ projects. Illustrated parts and components of instruments using AutoCAD.