- Technology Leader with 14+ years of expertise in building Big Data Platforms, Data Warehouses, Business Intelligence systems & Analytic software applications.
- Lead a team of data engineers and software Engineers within Data Engineering group focused on capturing data, delivering insights through homegrown applications and Analytical tools.
- Experience with designing the Roadmap and implementing successful business data analytics solutions.
- Experience of working closely with the product, Analytics, Finance and development teams to rapidly translate the understanding of customer data and requirements to product and technical solutions.
- Contributed to the technology strategy by identifying, assessing and recommending external trends in technology.
- Extensive experience working with Snowflake, Vertica, Redshift, Netezza, Oracle, Sql Server and DB2 with respect to Enterprise Data Warehouses.
- 1+ year of hands on experience working with AWS EMR, EC2, S3, Lambda using python, Redshift, SNS, Athena and Cloud watch.
- 3+ years of working experience with Spark, Hive, Impala and Hue with good understanding of HDFS, Map Reduce and YARN.
- Experience with creating Tableau Dashboards. Strong understanding of advanced Tableau features including calculated fields, parameters, table calculations, joins and data blending.
- Experience of acting as site admin for Tableau server.
- Practical experience of implementing Logical/Physical Data Models utilizing Data Warehousing concepts.
- Implemented POC on various Business Intelligence tools like Platfora, Clear Story and Datameer. I have used the DFP(Google) and AD Exchange(Google) data to create a solution for analysis of ads from Ad Exchange by bringing them to lower grain and then linking that to data from DFP.
- Experience working in Agile environment (Scrum and Kanban).
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies, quickly and effectively.
- Pro - active involvement in continuous performance improvements for existing OLAP systems.
- Proven experience in managing all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Follows and enhances best practices in terms of design, development and documentation standards.
- Ability to understand requirements quickly and perform analysis on source systems data and translate into solutions.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment. Experience of working with offshore model.
- Excellent communication skills and professional demeanor gained through extensive interaction with public, teamwork and leadership roles.
- Ability to resolve and work on issues across multiple functional areas.
- Installed and configured all components of MicroStrategy suite at multiple clients.
- Extensively worked on Administration, Architecture, Report, Dashboard development, System Optimization, performance monitoring and tuning in MicroStrategy Business Intelligence environment.
- Designed Databases and Data Marts using different multidimensional modeling techniques such as Star Schema and Snowflake Schema, Fact and Dimensional tables, Logical and Physical data modeling.
- Experience with ETL methodology for supporting Data Extraction, transformations and loading processing using Python, DML and INFORMATICA.
Business intelligence: Tableau, Datameer, MicroStrategy, Platfora, Business Objects, Brio, Informatica.
Databases: Snowflake, Vertica, Redshift, Hive, Impala, Druid, Netezza, Oracle 10g/9i/8i/7.x, DB2 8, SQL server, Mysql
Streaming: Kafka, Spark Stream
Container: Docker, Mesos, kubernetes
Database Tools: Snowsql, DB Visualizer, Hue, Aginity, Toad, Rapid SQL, Erwin 4.1
Cloud: AWS S3, EMR, Data pipeline, Lambda, SNS, Athena
Version Control: Git, Github
Configuration Management: Terraform, Salt
Scrum: Jira, Rally, Version One
Languages: Python, SQL, Shell.
Other Tools:: Microsoft project, Visio, office
OS: Linux, Windows 2013/2008/2003/2000/ NT/98, Unix
Web Server: Apache Tomcat 8.0, Windows IIS 7.0
- Responsible for managing various highly scalable Data Analytics platforms including Snowflake, Vertica, Impala, Druid and two reporting platforms designed to meet the requirements of External and Internal users including the UI
- Managed and lead the development effort for various projects including providing reporting application in Japanese, reducing the timeouts in MicroStrategy Reporting application.
- Created various Tableau Dashboards utilizing LOD, sets, parameters and other functionality.
- Key contributor in designing the road map for the next generation Analytics Platform
- Successfully managed completion of database migration from Vertica to Snowflake
- Experience managing 1+ petabyte size database, python and SQL based ETL’s for Vertica and Snowflake, Spark, Kafka, Python and Java based pipelines using containers and Mesos for Druid
- Responsible for Architecting/Administering 2 different MicroStrategy environments, one with customized web using MicroStrategy(sdK ) for external customers and other for internal users
- Delivered 20+ report enhancements using Microstrategy platform
- Collaborated with Product and successfully delivered various end to end solutions in a fast paced environment
Sr Business Intelligence Engineer-Lead
- Managed and lead the development effort for various projects at KBB
- Responsible for architecting the new data coming into the system and developing the reports, Documents and Dashboards
- Worked on migrating reports from MicroStrategy to Tableau.
- Implemented Auto Intender Engine project using Various AWS products like EMR, Data pipeline, Lambda, S3, SNS, Athena and Redshift
- Implemented multiple AWS Data pipelines to ingest and process data programmatically using json, shell and python. These pipelines launch and shut down the clusters programmatically
- Converted reports from MicroStrategy to Tableau utilizing Tableau Desktop and Server
- Developed Visualizations and Dashboards using Tableau
- Scheduled Tableau extract refresh for weekly and monthly reports
- Worked on workbook Permissions, Ownerships and User filters in Tableau
- Developed Hive scripts to load data in EMR using S3 as storage
- Developed Big Data Analytics project (Local ad Platform)using Platfora, Cloudera Hadoop
- Performed multiple upgrades of MicroStrategy from 9.3.1 to 10.1.0 and 9.2.1m to 9.3.1 and 9.0.1 to 9.0.1m
- Responsible for administration of the Microstrategy in Linux environment and Integrated D3 visualizations into MicroStrategy Visual Insight. Developed Dashboards for web and Mobile (Ipad).
- Experience of working with Adobe DTM tags and very good understanding of the Adobe Omniture and Google DFP data
Business Intelligence Architect
- Participated in the Data model re-design and developing sql based ETL
- Upgraded MicroStrategy environment from 9.0.1 to 9.0.1m
- Provided valuable insights during purchasing new MicroStrategy licenses and Petco was able to save huge amount
- Developed more than 25 enhancement projects using most of the available MicroStrategy features
- Led the team in the data center migration which included 5 MicroStrategy servers, metadata databases and Netezza database
- Designed interactive and dynamic dashboards using multiple panel stacks, Widgets and Grid/Graph combinations
Business Intelligence Architect
- Partnered with Enterprise Architects to identify and define solutions required to support business needs
- Created Clustered environment for I-Server and Web Server and upgraded MicroStrategy environment from 8.1.2 to 9.0.1
- Fixed the non-working development Narrowcast environment
- Cleaned up the Dev and Production repositories. (Identified and deleted the unused NC repositories, EM warehouses and extra metadata
- Provided training on MicroStrategy Web to the users
Database Analyst IV
- Lead Architect and Developer for Integration of GE Money Warranty Services into Confidential Dealer Services Data Warehouse
- Took initiative and redesigned around 25 narrowcast services to deliver the reports at higher level to save on licensing costs which ultimately saved around 400 Narrowcast user licenses
- Improved performance of multiple reports that run at peak time by 50% using SQL hints, VLDB properties and materialized views. These changes made the system capable of handling the month end reporting
- Responsible for managing the DEV, QA, DR and PROD environments including Upgrades, administration, Architecture and object migration
Sr. MicroStrategy Developer
- Contributed to the data model design to consolidate various data warehouses into one.
- Responsible for setting up the complete QA (Quality Analysis), DR (Disaster Recovery) and Production environments including all the repositories
- Created Reporting Services Documents and Dashboards, Narrowcast services using personalization and Freeform SQL Reports to implement some complex user requirements
- Implemented around 50 enhancements since the project go live most of which included only me from MicroStrategy team
- Developed MicroStrategy Schema objects, Application objects and Delivery objects
- Created logical data models, recognized source tables and columns, to build, Attributes, Facts, metrics, Freeform sql reports, Datamart reports, Report services Documents, Transformations, Custom Groups, Consolidations, logical tables Hierarchies and Relationships
- Extensively used Data Tables, Developed SQL, PL/SQL queries
- Implemented data integrity, indexes, views, created PL/SQL stored procedures and triggers and developed reports using Crystal Reports from multiple tables using ADO