Over 15 years of information system technologies, most extensively in Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies as the Team Lead Engineer, specializing in defining requirements, identifying SAN solutions, and designing specific enterprise storage infrastructures.
To utilize my professional, organizational and management skills within the area of information storage technologies as a Solution Architect or Storage Engineering Management Resource
PROFICIENT TECHNICAL PLATFORMS:
Server Clients: VMware 3.5 - 5.1, Windows NT-Windows2012, MS Server, Exchange 2000, Terminal Server, Elastic Servers (Red Hat), Red Hat 8, FreeBSD, Centos, Novel 3.12, Novel 4.11, Solaris 6-9, EDM 4.6.1 and EDM 5.0, Cisco UCS
Routers: Cisco 2611, 1900
Switches: McData/ Brocade 5xxx/6xxx,/DCX/ CiscoMDS 9124/9509/9513
Conduits: T1, Ethernet, LAN Extenders (ELMOS, TUTS), coaxial, cat5, Cat5e, Fiber, HBA, SCSI
Storage Arrays: Symmetrix 8xxx, DMX-950, 2000, 3000,DMX1000, DMX3,DMX4, VMAX 10K, VMAX20K, VMAX 40K, VMAX2, VMAX3, VPLEX, VPLEX vs2, CLARiiON CX-3, CX-4,VNX, VNX2, Celerra, Centera, Confidential EDM, Hitachi HDS USPV,VSP, Hitachi HNAS, NetApp FAS22xx, FAS3xxx and FAS6xxx, Data Domain, 3Par s800 and e200, IBM DS8000, HP EVA 8400, IBM DS8400, BlueArc NAS, Onstor NAS.
Protocols/ Software/ Utilities: POP3 mail and IMAP, TCP/IP, NAT, DHCP, DNS, WINS, IPSEC, CIFS/NFS, GPO's, Confidential Control Center, Solutions Enabler, PowerPath, DSM, EDM, Celerra Replicator, Timefinder, TEIM, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, CentraStar, Navisphere, Fabric Manager/CLI, RecoverPoint, SnapView, MirrorView, SRDF, Navishpere/NaviCli/Naviseccli, Unisphere, SnapDrive, SnapManager for SharePoint, Operations Manager, Filerview, Storage Essentials, InServ, CommandView, Replication Manager, Symmetrix Management Console, Cisco Device/ Fabric Manager, OpenMigrator, Powerpath, HP Openview, TACAS,NDMP, ADIC Scalar i500, HP ILO, Quest Reporter, Intrust/ Intrust Plug-in for AD, Spotlight for AD, Spotlight for Exchange, Active Roles Server, Active Directory, Exchange, VERITAS Backup Exec, Netbackup, Vmware 5.0, 5.1
Sr Storage Deliver Project Engineer
- Configure and maintain Confidential VMAX2 a, VNX, VPlex, FAST VP, Netapp 3000x / 6000x / 8000x
- Configure and maintain Brocade, McData and Cisco fiber switches.
- Perform storage provisioning and migrations leveraging Confidential VPLEX
- Execute NAS (CIFS/ NAS) requests in conjunction with Host level configurations (DFS)
- Work with cutting edge and legacy technology
- Manage 20+ PB of SAN and NAS
- Deploy Storage for VCE VBlocks
- Develop and Drive technical Standards
- Proficiently leverage Netapp OnCommand Insight
- Participate on all technology refresh cycles ( Confidential, Netapp etc.)
- Provision storage to Oracle / Redhat Linux, Windows, Solaris and IBM AIX Operating Systems.
- Migrations - Plan, Develop strategies and execute
- Effectively troubleshoot storage availability, connectivity and performance issues from the filesystem through to the physical drive.
- Carry out maintenance and code upgrades of all storage devices and associated software.
- Produce metrics for Management in order to gauge the effectiveness of the group.
- Demonstrate knowledge of backup, restore & compression methodologies such as Protection manager & Recover Point.
- Execute change management procedures, while working with application owners, assist on brokering change windows.
- Drive automation where possible
- Assist with the continuous analysis of the groups’ processes to drive efficiencies
Technical Storage Architect
- Create Storage and Backup Solutions encompassing absorbing IT Operations.
- Produce roadmap forecast as a part of the lifecycle process.
- Create and execute customer facing presentations.
- Create costing models
- Create customer facing presentations
- Work with various teams in a collaborative effort to ensure solution continuity
- Develop Cloud transition strategies
- Work with various customers to compile requirements and complete discovery process.
Storage Architecture and Engineering Team Lead
- Architected and Implemented Confidential VMAX for DHS 200,000 Exchange User environment with 80% concurrency.
- Architected and Deployed Confidential VNX for IaaS and DTaaS Cloud Services Supporting DHS
- Architected, Procured and Migrated Existing DMX4 Leveraged Environment to New VMAX’s.
- Architected, Procured and Migrated Existing CX4’s Leveraged Environment to New VNX’s.
- Managed various CONUS and OCOUS teams.
- Evaluate incoming Task Orders from DHS Components and provide analysis of project’s technical requirements, challenges, and level of effort to implement
- Develop enterprise-level Storage and Backup and Recovery (BUR) standards and processes leveraging TSM, Netbackup, Avamar, Networker, Data Domain and a variety of tape libraries.
- Provide Engineering and Support VMware 3.5 thru 5.1
- Designed, created equipment bill of materials (BOM), and implemented the storage and archiving solution for DHS’ Disaster Recovery facility
- Develop designed and led the creation of documentation for the Disaster Recovery Solutions
- Perform Capacity Planning based on demand and project growth of existing task orders
- Provide Technical consultation for various levels of management, operations, and customers
- Establish and manage vendor relationships with Confidential, NetApp, HP, Hitachi and 3Par
- Perform evaluations for potential Infrastructure requirements, e.g., increase in SAN Switch ports, requirements for new SAN Switches, or load-balancing the install infrastructure.
- Conduct meetings with Senior Management regarding Storage environment and capabilities
- Meet with Customers to define their requirements, explain the Data Center Storage and Backup standards, determine project baseline, and evaluate necessary customizations.
- Develop business continuity plans for DC2 and assisted with development of customer’s plans
- Led the implementation of all of DC2 emerging SAN and BUR technologies; deployed the first NetApp Storage, HP’s Data Domain, and Confidential VMAX /VNX Series. These implementations increased efficiency, enabled Cloud Solutions and provided much needed capacity.
- Consistently provide level 3 incident support for the operational staff, ensuring Confidential meets the 99.99% availability and maintain minimal down time
- Lead the effort to migrate the time-sensitive mainframe storage with zero loss of data
- Lead a team of five (5) SAN Engineers and three (3) BUR engineers in the design, documentation, test and acceptance of all DC2 SAN and BUR infrastructure deployments and migrations
Sr. Solutions Architect
- Evaluated customer environments and determined best hardware/software to satisfy needs in accordance with industry best practices
- Customized environments to accommodate newly implemented SAN associated technology
- Designed various SAN based solutions
- Deployed Enterprise class fabric switches (Brocade, McData, Cisco)
- Setup and supported Disaster Recovery and Continuity of Operations solutions (i.e., Symmetrix Remote Data Facility (SRDF)/Recoverpoint)
- Trained customers on newly deployed solutions
- Provided consultation and Product support for all storage related discrepancies
- Reviewed design documentation and provided insight/recommendations
- Performed data migrations at both block and file level
- Created customer specific support and design documentation
- Attended customer calls to provide both management and technical insight
Sr. Storage Architect Systems Engineer
- Documented solutions according to System Lifecycle Management methodology
- Managed client and vendor relations
- Interacted with various compartments of the organization to establish baseline needs
- Provided guidance regarding technologies in place
- Reviewed Solution(s) Design and provide technical insight.
- Developed and implement SAN/Network-Attached Storage (NAS) Solutions inclusive of Confidential Celerra's, Clariion's and DMX Architecture
- Deployed Brocade switches for continuity of blade and bare metal servers
- Performed Logical Unit (LUN) Masking, Zoning, storage provisioning from SAN to both NAS and server based hosts
- Implemented boot off SAN for Windows-based hosts
- Designed, implemented, and managed Quest Tools deployment
- Utilize Confidential Timefinder and Recoverpoint/SRDF technologies
- Deployed Symantec Netbackup based solutions
- Documented administrative duties upon completion of deployment
- Performed SAN design and implementation for a Microsoft Exchange 2003 environment.
- Tested and installed with Confidential Resident Confidential TEIM (Timefinder Exchange Integration Module) for offline hot backups of Exchange data thru Business Continuance Volumes ( Confidential ).
- Performed LUN Masking, Zoning, and device setup for multiple Exchange databases and storage groups thru Confidential and Confidential Control Center 5.2.
- Researched and recommended data migration utility for legacy equipment to Confidential storage.
- Worked with Confidential Resident on DMX 800, 3000, CX700, and Centera for Backup to Disk, and Backup to Tape implementation.
- IBM Blade server setup for Fabric and ETH modular switches integrated on IBM chassis.
- Worked and setup Active Directory (AD) structure for Pre-Production and Production environment for Block 30 Phase 1 Confidential Project.
- Built and setup Exchange Servers in an AD environment and presented LUNs and device masking, for Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) and DR capabilities.
Lead SAN Engineer
- Performed SAN administration for Confidential SAN Solution utilizing ECC Console and Confidential
- Monitored status of production systems from ECC Console.
- Resolved BCV and other SYMM related issues.
- Filled the role as the EDM /Celerra Admin and point of escalation for EDM and Celerra.
- Custom built W2K/ W2K3 servers per customer specifications.
- Provided technical expertise and insight regarding environment changes.
- SME for SAN and Network Operations Center (NOC) Infrastructure
- Managed Data Center power layout and deployment
- Developed and design solutions.
- Managed day-to-day facilities operations for Data Center.
- Managed vendor relations.
- Interviewed, Hired, Led, Trained and developed NOC Engineers, ensuring the operations kept well skilled personnel
- Performed LAN/System Email and Printer Administration/Maintenance
- Custom Built Personal Computers and Servers
- Performed Hardware Integration and Rack/ Stack Functions
- Designed, Deployed and Supported all aspects of LAN and Wireless Networks
- Performed Tier 1 thru Tier 3 Duties at the Administrative, Engineering and Lead positions.
- Developed, Performed, Managed System Migrations and Nationwide Upgrades /Deployments
- Performed Vendor Management and Asset Inventory
- Acted as Customer Representative and triage liaison for both SOHO and Enterprise (2k+) Environments
- Trained Peer(s) and Direct Reports
- Provided Technical Guidance and Status to Various levels of Management