- 5 years of Experience in design, analysis, development and implementation in environment using BI Tools.
- Experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence area in various domains.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graph, scatter plot Geo maps, grant chart using show me functionality.
- Good experience in dashboard designing with large data volumes from various data sources (sql server, Teradata and many more.
- Expertise configuring Repository, create/manage dashboards, reports/answers and building physical, business model and presentation layer.
- Experienced in analyzing the BI Needs, interpreting business user requirements and translating into reports.
- Good interaction with clients, understanding business applications, business data flow and data relations.
- Team player with good communication and interpersonal skills responsible for interacting with business partners to identify information needs and business requirements for reports
Application: SQL 2000/2005/2008, Oracle 10g/9i/8i, HTML, XML, IIS, MS Excel Outlook, PowerPoint
BI/Reporting Tools: SQL SSIS, SSRS, SAP Crystal Reports, Business Objects, and Xcelsius (Dashboards)Analytic Tools: MS Visio, Project and Office suite.
Operating Systems: Windows 98 - 2003 Server, vista 2008, windows 7, Unix SQL 2005 Server.
- Collect, sort and analyze data from different sources to create reports in Access, Excel, and Crystal reports.
- Ad - Hoc reporting in relation to a given criterion.
- Mentored new Tableau developers and analysts.
- Analyze and audit data for accuracy and credibility in MS Access 2007 and Excel 2007
- Maintain client/vendor relations through meetings, networking events, and regular correspondence.
- Organize/Coordinate events, seminars, luncheons and business meetings.
- Work to develop a formal business glossary, defining metrics and KPI s
- Worked with Business Analyst and the Business users to understand the user requirements, layout, and a feel of the application to be developed.
- Data blending implemented on several databases to generate interactive dashboards.
- Created ad hoc reports to users in Tableau by connecting various data sources.
- Generated Dashboards with Quick filters, Parameters, an\ l pd sets to handle views more efficiently.
- Published Workbooks by creating user filters so that only appropriate teams can view it.
- Embedded Tableau views into SharePoint and analyzed the source data and handled efficiently by modifying the data types.
- Recently used SSIS to automate file maintenance on several different servers (web server, report repository, batch file storage server) with different log file naming conventions, so the SSIS packages would examine a directory tree for log files older than 6 months and purge them. This replaced the manual process of deleting the old application log files. In the instances of the web server and report repository, space was a premium. When available disk space became low, the web applications would stop responding to requests.
- Utilized SSIS data flows to move data in Oracle schemas from OLTP source to OLAP. SSIS was used to clean and integrate data multiple sources from Oracle, Flat files, Excel and so on.
- Integrated two incongruent data sources (handwritten issuance and electronic issuance) into a single storage system for Officer Management System. SSIS was used to integrate/import data, create derived columns and perform data conversions.
- Created ad-hoc summations of officer, squad, and agency productivity across ranges of time. The solution; presented as an additional functionality to the Officer Management System; has been adopted by other OMS clients.
- Modified Officer Management System (OMS) web application to include a BPA solution that correlates officers' daily hours to duties, handwritten citations issued throughout the workday, a segment of the automated process depended on SSIS to pull data, and change status of records.
- Used SSIS SQL to execute stored procedures that contained business rules and logic to make the associations between officers, duty, and tickets. Stored procedures and Crystal Reports were used to track percentage of records successfully processed, and incomplete records that would not meet the business rules determined by the client.
- Performed analysis used to create design mock ups and developed time management and productivity tracking reports, delivered via web-based interface utilizing tools such as Toad, SQL, Oracle 9i and 10g views, stored procedures and cursors.
- Collect client requirements, perform analysis, modify according to specifications and implement web-based data entry interface and data export to mainframe using VBScript, VB 6, and SQL 2005.
- Developed a data integration service that extracted data from client's Abandoned Vehicle Access database, processed and exported to a third party vendor's SQL 2005 implementation using VB 6.
- Create and maintain system design documents, user and administrator guides and distribute to regional office technical support, provided detailed training to new field office project managers to expedite their understanding of the applications enabling them to better serve the client.
Confidential, Chappaqua, NY
Data Analyst /Database Programmer
- Gathered and analyzed client requirements in order to meet constantly changing needs of customer base.
- Communicated extensively with stakeholders and various levels of management to fulfill requirements.
- Utilized SQL Server 2000 and Access SQL to create/modify stored procedures, triggers; perform data cleaning/formatting. Organized and prepared data for database inclusion.
- Maximized productivity by developing and leading successful employee training program for the utilization of custom database and off-the-shelf software applications.
- Develop graphs, report, and presentations for project results.
- Perform basic statistical analysis create and present quality dashboard.