- Looking forward to associating myself with an organization to avail an opportunity to share challenging avenues, where my education and experience match organization’s growth, to make a niche for myself in the industry to contribute and upgrade my knowledge as an SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Consultant.
- SAP BusinessObjects Consultant with 6 years of BusinessObjects Business Intelligence experience.
- Experience in installing and configuring SAP BusinessObjects 3.x and 4.0
- Experience in migration from BusinessObjects XI to 3.x and from 3.x to BusinessObjects 4.0
- Experienced in Business objects IDT, Universe designing, Web Intelligence, Dashboard Manager, Crystal report, InfoView, CMC, Data Services and BusinessObjects Enterprise.
- Experience in creating, organizing, publishing and scheduling reports using Central Management Console.
- Experience in designing complex Webi documents using Web Intelligence tool.
- Experience with report creation cycle for Crystal report.
- Experience in creating report using BEx reporting tool.
- Strong understanding of Data warehouse concepts such as Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, OLTP, OLAP and Multi - Dimensional Models for query and analysis.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills as BO consultant supported project team and resolved customer issues.
- Effective team player and ability to work well within a group setting.
- Extremely dedicated and motivated individual with high career aspirations with in-depth ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent documentation skills to make technical and end user training document.
Tools: BusinessObjects (4.0/Xi3.1/Xir2/Xir1/6.5), Designer, Deski/Webi, CMC, CCM, Supervisor, Crystal Reports, Xcelsius Dashboard, Informatica.
Internet Technologies: Web Intelligence, Info View, Launchpad, Broadcast Agent, Scheduler, LCM, Import Wizard
B.O. Functionalities: Master/Detail, Slice and Dice, Drill up/down, Conditions, Filters, Charts, Alerts, LOV, Context, Aliases, Universes, Reports, @Functions, Formulas, Scheduling, Cross tab, Joins.
Database: Oracle10g/ 9i/ 8i, MS SQL Server 2005/2008, DB2,MS Access, BW, Teradata
Languages: COBOL, SQL, C++, Java
Utilities: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Front Page
- For requirement analysis, conducted weekly meetings with projects related to the work processes of 4 different functional areas
- Regularly discussed with DBAs and data architects to understand the data architecture
- Updated existing universes to fulfill the reporting needs of Invoice Control department on a weekly basis
- Developed new universes for Accounting, Sales, and Marketing departments on XI 3.1 and XI 4.1
- Resolved universe join problems including traps and loops with aliases and contexts, created derived tables to solve join problems
- Always made backups of Universes before modifying them in the Test environment
- Migrated updated and newly developed Universes from Test to Production environment
- Exported universes and assigned appropriate access rights to specific user groups from CMC
- Created moderate to advanced WebI reportsper user and departmental requirements
- Developed reports with graphs, charts, alerters, and rankings
- Developed reports with master details, sections, and breaks so that they could easily be navigated in PDF format
- Developed week-to-date, month-to-date, year-to-date and year-over-year reports
- Developed stored procedures and made improvements to existing code having performance defficiency
- Guided users over the phone and in person with many functionality issues including WebI auto merge feature, formulas, login issues, modification of existing reports and saving into one’s favorite folder in InfoView and BI Launchpad, etc.
Confidential, Atlanta GA
SAP BusinessObjects Consultant/ Administrator
- Worked with customers to gather/develop requirements, interacted with the users to analyze the changes for improvement they need in existing reports and develop the reports to satisfy their needs and requirements
- Lead creation of interactive WebI reports which included more than 60 fields, dozens of variables and calculations as per the client’s need and drill down capabilities. Enabled the users to hyperlink from parent to child report using the openDocument and UserResponse functions
- Created Multi tab reports using multiple data providers and applied different Webi functionality such as hiding and filtering tables based on specific prompt conditions. Also used Union, Intersection, minus, Master/Detail, cross tab and Charts using Webi functionalities.
- Worked on BusinessObjects Universes along with developing dynamic date objects for ease of report scheduling in InfoView. Performed BusinessObjects Administration work in CMC including management and security of users and objects, assigning rights and privileges and ensuring proper scheduling and bursting of reports. Supported and managed change control processes including integrated nature of the BusinessObjects Universe
- Worked on using the import wizard in moving reports and universes from Dev to UAT and to Production environments. Also used Import Wizard to create BIAR files for repository back up.
- Researched and evaluated alternative solutions for existing problematic areas and made recommendations
- Performed UAT, was involved in implementations to Dev/Test/Prod and on occasions was the sole point of contact who addressed and resolved issues rising after the implementation
- Resolved CR’s (Change Requests) issued by business users and internal departments pertaining to all Business Objects related issues such as creation of custom prompts in the Universe or modification of calculated fields in existing WebI reports
- Used BusinessObjects XIR2 to create reports for marketing and finance departments
- Created moderate to advanced reports with drill-down, cross tabs, prompts, charts, alerter, rankings and various calculations
- Built universes from the scratch and modified existing universes
- Created classes, dimensions, measures, and detail objects in the universe
- Performed analysis of data at the report level by Slice-and-Dice and Drill Mode
- Developed custom debt analysis reports consisting of month to month and year over year comparisons for the Finance department
- Developed top 96 clients revenue reports for the Sales department for quarterly promotions
- Developed top 14 clients performance reports for the Sales department for monthly promotions
- Held weekly meetings with department managers to prioritize pressing issues and pending requests
- Supported users via email, phone, meeting or simply walking over to their desks
- Provided full range of support for the end users with any BO related issues