As a senior technology executive with experience in multiple industries, I have had the privilege of working on the front lines, responsible for some of today's largest modern database management system deployments for some of the best, most innovative companies in America What I enjoy most is establishing and driving technology investments and deliverables for my employer and customers and building the teams that execute them. Combining a background in Computer Engineering and a passion for customer success, I have an innate understanding of what it takes to make customers successful with new technologies. I thrive in fast paced, high growth environments including early stage ventures and startups.
CORE COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
- Team leadership at a global level
- Quick to master products & technologies
- Continuous process improvement for team
- Extensive project management and system & application implementation experience
- Excellent Skills
- Strong technical background
- Self - motivated problem solver
- Parallel database technologies | SQL on hadoop
- schema design. Oracle, DB2, MS-SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Greenplum, Aster Data, Teradata, Netezza, Vertica, HDFS
- Cassandra, MongoDB, CouchDB
- Hadoop MPP Impala, HAWQ
- MapReduce jobs using Java, Hive, Pig, and Hbase, Spark hybrid combinations
- Metadata MDM, data access policies
- Real-time - replication, message queues Tibco, SOA, custom, Heterogeneous replication,
- ETL tools Confidential InfoSphere, Microsoft SSIS, Informatica PowerCenter, SAP NetWeaver scripts SQL, plsql, t-sql, dsql, psql, bteq, ad-hoc sql queries, shell, awk, perl, python, encryption
- Data agnostic loading, query optimization, Performance tuning, and Benchmarking
- Search NLP, semantic, data oncology, Sinequa, Elastic Search, Solr
- Machine Learning / Cognitive computing Spark
- Cloud AWS ec2 | RDS, Azure, Oracle, Google
- Analytics Datameer, Platfora, Microstrategy
- A dvanced AI-enabled inference engine to take unstructured, “dark” data and turn it into structured (and more usable) information.
Confidential, Indianapolis, IN
Senior Solutions Big Data Architect
- Conducting Proof of Value data analytics for Digital Marketing program sourcing 6 external data sources working with both on premise and offshore teams.
- Heterogeneous ETL Integration work Oracle, Greenplum, Salesforce, Hbase, HDFS, Impala, Cassandra, Vertica, Spark | python pipelines, Informatica reducing annual expense in excess of $3M from use of external vendors.
- Introduced a better way updating Vertica data using temp tables and Insert DML (SCD2). My efforts resulted with customer purchasing additional appliances and a “Jaw Dropping speed” .
- Wrote multiple product recommendations, best practices for Marketing Effectiveness and ROI working with the newly MPP architectures for teams both local and abroad.
- Requirements gathering, tool selection, technical design, iteration planning, and hands-on development to ensure that account data reported to the Commodity Futures Trading Commission is complete, accurate, and properly formatted for review by industry regulators. Oracle 12c, MS-SQL 2014, AWS RedShift
- Conducting Proof of Value for global self-service Digital Marketing program, powering Search Applications b ringing advanced AI-enabled inference engine to take unstructured, “dark” data and turn it into structured (and more usable) information;
Senior Solutions Big Data Architect
- Responsible for the success, renewal, and s of the top 1% of our Healthcare customers to identify and expand business opportunities launching the flagship “ Confidential ”.
- Work with central team of data engineers, data scientist and business intelligence analysts on healthcare use cases.
- Provide product and sales feedback to Engineering and Marketing. Develop architecture presentations for customer support and internal teams.
- Conduct customized product demonstrations and technical architecture discussions with prospect executives, end users, and IT groups.
- Manage complex proof of concept engagements and RFP responses.
- Automated data access policies, login roles, role s for the Greenplum MPP appliance enforcing data compliance for both batch and ad-hoc interactive sessions.
- Invented a solution running multiple Greenplum appliances as active standby escalating a final vendor selection for 22 Appliances, Confidential ’ biggest deal winning $7M.
- Selected for Confidential Innovations 2012 in Israel : Chairman’s Circle winner, given to top 5% of Confidential Employees Worldwide
Oracle Applied Technologist
- Lead a team of 9 architecture, technology, and integration specialists creating an advanced Semantic Search NLP for Navy personal around the world.
- End to End application development, system tuning,, sophisticated data policy enforcement, server auditing, Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Ownership of all Oracle Service Requests from root-cause through resolution including managing and mentoring junior members.
- Published Oracle 11gR1 Hint increasing Text search performance many folder over.
- Developing role resolution workflows following section 508, DoD & DoN Website Policies & Procedures, Privacy Act, & DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
Lead IT Specialist Data Integration
- Comprehensive knowledge of Data Integration Technologies that span the entire spectrum of Data Integration Data Profiling/Analysis, Data hygiene/Cleansing, Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL).
- Associated metadata management, Dynamic Warehousing, Master Data Management on SMP/MPP Grid environments.
- Managed and delivered pilots/proof of concepts POCs ensuring positive customer enthusiasm going into early complex implementations of Confidential InfoSphere.
- Developed and responded to RFP's/RFI's. Mapped requirements to ETL jobs, GAP analysis. Installed, tuned and managed client deliverables.
- Created sales demonstration for Confidential InfoSphere parallel canvas sales messaging and ability to build relationships across organizations.
Performance Engineer / ES7000 Performance
- Responsible for the Enterprise Performance Center (EPC), hosted in three data centers, supporting Center of Excellence engagements and deployments for Confidential customers and partners.
- This Agile managed operation included 6 direct and 10 to 20 indirect (matrix) Application and System Architects ($2m salary), over 100TB of Confidential storage and 200+ enterprise class systems, internally managed network (Cisco) for as many as 10,000 user connections (intranet, extranet and VPN), and gross revenue of over $23m in 2007.
- The EPC specialized in 10TB+ database application in Windows SQL/Server, Oracle 9i/10g under Linux, as well as DB2 EE and EEE.
- Managed and delivered pilots/proof of concepts POCs generating customer technical proof points, capacity planning, tuning benchmarks.
- Certified FileNet Application Connector for SAP R/3 ArchiveLink, J2EE Edition..
- Coordinated with Microsoft "Center of Excellence" delivering BI / analytical blueprints, best practice.