- Extensive knowledge and expertise in Business Intelligence methodologies and implementation practices.
- 7+ years of experience in Database Design, Programming, Development and Implementation of Client - Server Applications & Database systems using MSSQL 2012/2008/2005/2000.
- Proficient with writing stored procedures, creating views, functions, Complex queries in TSQL
- Well experience in Data Extraction, Transforming and Loading (ETL) using various tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Data Transformation Services (DTS).
- Analyzed and evaluated Business Intelligence systems and user requests for reports, queries, and data extraction Using Report Builder and Microsoft reporting services 2005, 2008 & 2012
- Variety of industry experience including Oil and Gas, Healthcare and insurance industries.
- Proficient in creating policy& procedure, TDD and BRD s, Step by step guides.
- Possess strong leadership qualities, flexible in work schedules and comfortable taking ownership.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle pressure in coordinating multiple tasks in a work/project environment. Versatile team player with excellent analytical, presentation and inter-personal skills.
- Assisted in the doing a POC for Tableau.
Confidential, Houston TX
Business Intelligence Developer
- Involved in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process by analyzing business requirements and understanding the functional work flow of information from source systems to destination systems.
- Implemented SSRS as a primary reporting tool for both internal and external clients.
- Created Jobs, SQL Mail Agent, Alerts and Schedule SSIS, DTS Packages.
- Involved in ETL architecture enhancements to increase the performance using query optimizer.
- Developed various types of complex reports like Matrix, Charts, Drill Down, Drill through, Cross tab reports.
- Designed and created Report templates, bar graphs and pie charts based on the financial data.
- Involved in designing Parameterized Reports for generating Ad-Hoc reports as per the client requirements.
- Involved in Normalization and De-Normalization of existing tables for faster query retrieval.
- Created SSIS packages for Data Conversion using data conversion transformation.
- Implemented Event Handlers and Error Handling in SSIS packages.
- Advised optimization of queries by looking at Execution Plan for better tuning of the database.
Technology Platform: SQL Server 2012/2008 Enterprise Edition, SQL Server Data Tools, SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio (SSIS, SSRS), MS Visual Studio 2008/2013 and Windows Server 2003,2010,2016.
Confidential, Houston TX
BI Reports Developer
- Lead and Co-ordinate a cross-functional development team, maintain a goal oriented environment while facilitating questioning and creative thinking within the team.
- Created various simple and complex queries involving self joins, correlated sub queries for diverse business requirements. Tuned and altered queries by altering database designs, analyzing different query options, and indexing strategies.
- Created reports according to business requirements for clinical supplies inventory in a team oriented environment. Individually authored, installed, deployed and managed reports using SSRS.
- Created an ETL solution that reads Product, Vendor and Order data from a CSV file on a network share into a SQL Server database. Solution validated incoming data and performed notifications when jobs complete. The order data thus loaded into SQL server and was used to develop reports using SSRS reporting functionality. Reports were set to automatic delivery based on standard reports subscriptions.
- Analyzed reports and fixed bugs in stored procedures using SSRS.
- Created linked reports and managed snapshots using SSRS.
- Performed various calculations using complex expressions in the reports and created report models.
- Designed and optimized indexes, views, stored procedures and functions using T-SQL
- Created many complex ad hoc reports like Tabular report, parameter report, drill through, and drill down reports in SSRS; and created reports subscription schedule for managers and clients.
- Manage multiple simultaneous modules, successfully meeting all budgets and time frames, drove complex modules from conceptual stages to delivery.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Restricted data for users using Row level security and User filters.
- Developed Tableau visualizations and dashboards using Tableau Desktop.
Technology/Platform : SQL Server 2008, Reporting Services (SSRS), Analysis Services (SSAS), T-SQL, Windows 2003/2008/2010/2012/2016, MS Excel, MS visual Studio, BIDS.
Confidential, Houston TX
Senior Reports Developer
- Primary responsibility was to create reports by utilizing MS SSRS 2008/VS 2008, Power Pivot 2010/2013 and Power View 2013. Created mainly tabular reports with drill down and charts.
- Developed complex queries to retrieve critical data and wrote reports using SQL Server 2008. Utilized SQL views and stored procedures with additional joins to manipulate data.
- Created new and existing web parts in SharePoint to host dashboards and reports made in SSRS, Power View 2013 and Power Pivot.
- Provided self-Service dashboards in Power View and Power Pivot using SQL queries through BCS to the end users
- Supported Corporate Warehouse systems in Data Validation processes, in addition to creating and maintaining reports for these systems.
- Worked extensively on enhancing the appearance of existing reports according to the requirements.
- Generated ad-hoc Dashboards and reports based on critical requirements using power pivot.
- Built SSRS and Power Pivot Dashboards for quick analysis of the incidents auto-generated via SCOM and HP Security Center tools.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and team work skills as well as the ability to accomplish tasks under minimal direction and supervision.
Technology/Platform : SQL Server 2008, Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), T-SQL, Windows 2000/2003, MS Excel, MS visual Studio, BIDS.
Confidential, Houston TX
SSRS Reports Writer
- Developed and Optimized Stored Procedures, Views, and User-Defined Functions for the Application.
- Employed Server Group Management, new to SQL Server 2008 which enables T-SQL queries to be issued against multiple servers from a single central management server.
- Performed Debugging on the stored procedures for the requirement to handle the errors.
- Migrated data from Heterogeneous Data Sources and legacy system (DB2, Access, Excel) to SQL Server databases using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to overcome transformation constraints.
- Implemented Incremental load used Event Handlers to clean the data from different data sources.
- Developed various operational Drill-through and Drill-down reports using SSRS.
- Developed different kind of reports such a Sub Reports, Charts, Matrix reports, Linked reports.
- Used cascaded parameters to generate a report from two different Data Sets.
- Involved with Query Optimization to increase the performance of the Report.
- Developed Reports for business end users using Report Builder with updating Statistics.
- Involved in Analyzing, designing, building &, testing of OLAP cubes with SSAS 2005
- Dealt with Fine-tuning Stored Procedures to improve performance with a Query plan using SQL Tuning advisor.
- Employed Filtered Indexes to improve query performance and reduce the storage and maintenance cost.
- Interacting with Business Analysts and Developers in identifying the requirements and designing and implementing the Database Schema
- Documented and maintained database system specifications, diagrams, and connectivity charts.
Technology/Platform : SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012, Integration Services (SSIS), Reporting Services (SSRS), Analysis Services (SSAS), T-SQL, Windows 2000/2003/2010, MS Excel, MS Access, MS visual Studio, BIDS.
Confidential, Houston, TX
BI Reporting Analyst
- Primary responsibility was to create reports using MS SSRS 2005/VS 2005
- Developed, Maintained and enhanced business intelligence reporting solutions to meet the needs of the business users
- Created/Altered Stored Procedures as required for optimum performance.
- Communicated effectively with business partners and internal teams to gather requirements, understanding work flow and deliverables.
- Maintained 50 reports for daily, weekly and annual schedules using third party report.
- Provided level 2 supports for existing reports on a daily basis.
- Created Matrix Reports, Ad Hoc Reports
- Worked on verifying accuracy of data, maintaining and supporting the Corporate Warehouse systems in addition to creating and maintaining reports for these systems.
Technology/Platform: SQL Server 2005, BIDS 2005, Reporting services 2005, Windows Server 2003.
Confidential, the Woodlands, TX
BI Reporting Analyst
- Primary responsibility was to create reports using MS SSRS 2008/VS 2008
- Gathered business requirements and successfully implemented them in RDLC.
- Was responsible for testing all the reporting solutions and Corp UI interfaces for internal and external users.
- Developed complex queries to retrieve critical data and wrote reports using SQL Server 2008.
- Created, altered stored procedures as required for optimum performance.
- Implemented security to restrict the access to users and to allow them to use only certain reports.
Technology/Platform: SQL Server 2008/2005, BIDS 2005, Reporting services 2005, Integration Services 2005, Analysis Services 2005, Windows Server 2003