Hands on data warehouse / business intelligence architect and developer seeking challenging consulting assignments. The position should utilize my significant experience in data warehouse design/development, business intelligence reporting/dashboard development, business process analysis, and systems integration. The ideal position is Reporting/BI Lead leveraging my large project experience and my thorough, analytical, detail oriented approach.
SKILLS: Business Intelligence Design, Data Warehouse Architecture, Data Modeling, Project Management, Business Requirements Analysis, Oracle PL/SQL Programming, C/C++ Programming, Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Ability
SOFTWARE: TIBCO Spotfire, SQL Server Integration Services, Oracle DBMS / PL/SQL / Pro*C / Warehouse Builder, ERWin, Informatica Powercenter, Business Objects, Cognos, C/C++, UNIX (SUN OS/Solaris, HP UX)
Confidential, Queenstown, MD
- TIBCO Spotfire administration, architecture, and development
- SQL Server, SQL Server Integration Services
- Oracle SQL, and PL/SQL
- Expert level knowledge of data modeling including star - schema and 3NF
- Designing automated reports and reporting methods
- Developing and documenting functional requirements, interviewing key analysts, executive sponsors, and other stakeholders
- Developing a thorough understanding of client business processes and analysis requirements
- Designing the overall architecture (modules, data structures, hardware) to support requirements based on business processes
- Developing project plans to technically implement functional requirements
- Managing technical implementation effort, mostly very hands-on
- Overseeing the testing and production rollout of the system
- Working with project sponsors and key stakeholders to iteratively enhance the baseline system as new requirements or data arise
Confidential, Arlington, VA
Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence Architect
- Designed and implementing business intelligence reporting systems for the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency ( Confidential ) and the Office of Naval Research ( Confidential ).
- TIBCO Spotfire and SQL Server Integration Services were used at Confidential to create multiple dashboards supporting several reporting areas including IAVA compliance, program management financial reporting, and project management.
- Oracle, OBIEE, and Informatica were used at Confidential to produce multiple dashboards supporting procurement process and execution (commitments, obligation, expenditure) reporting. Continued supporting Confidential as a sub-contractor
Confidential, Vienna, VA
- Responsibilities included project management, data warehouse architecture, designing / implementing large data warehouses for Confidential 500 companies.
- Position afforded considerable opportunities for hands-on experience in addition to project and practice leadership roles.
- Participated as project manager and data warehouse architect for the Confidential Bank Credit Card Foundation Data Warehouse ( Confidential ) system.
- I was responsible for leading the Oracle project team from the scoping effort through implementation and testing.
- In addition to project management tasks I lead the requirement interviews with key executives and credit card marketing/finance analysts, designed the Confidential and data mart schemas, and wrote much of the several thousand lines of PL/SQL code used to populate the Confidential and data mart.
- During the project I was both functional and technical lead for the design and development of the overall system.
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Participated in numerous client engagements developing/enhancing business systems.
- Assignments were typically of six months to one year duration and provided a wide range of technical and supervisory experience.
- Technical experience consisted primarily of client/server and relational database development with emphasis on Oracle, C/C++, and UNIX.
- Gained significant large project systems integration experience.