- 7 years of work experience as business analyst & visualization expert working in various data management, BI reporting and analytics projects in Life Sciences and Telecommunication industry.
- Hands on experience in creating use - cases, flow charts to lay out business requirements, developing prototypes for reports using different visualization tools and carrying out data analysis using SQL
- Overall understanding of various technical concepts involved in master data management, data warehousing, and reporting and analytics. Experience working with both structured and unstructured datasets and integration of such datasets using various technologies
- Proficient in Full Life Cycle Development of Reporting Projects including requirements gathering/analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Production rollover.
- Hands - on with creating solution driven views and dashboards by developing different chart types including Heat/Tree/Geo Maps, Line/Bar/Pie Charts, Scatter Plots, and Bullet Graphs in Tableau Desktop versions 7, 8 and 9.
- Extensive knowledge in various reporting objects like Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Transformations, filters, Calculated fields, Sets, Groups, Parameters etc., in Tableau.
- Experienced in understanding of Data Warehouse architecture. (ODS, EDS, EDW, Data Marts), Business Intelligence, dimensional modeling.
KEY TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
Tools: MS Visio, MS Office, MS Project, Jira, Weka, HP Quality Center
BI Tools: Microstrategy, Tableau
Databases: MS Access, SQL Server 2000
Operating Systems: Windows 98/2000/ME/NT/XP, Mac OS
Methodologies: UML, RUP (Rational Unified Process), RAD (Rapid application development), Agile, Business and Data Modeling
Languages: SQL, R
- Work closely with brand insight managers and analysts to develop functional specifications and requirements documents for integration of new data sources into the Commercial data warehouse, development of new dashboards and reports and creation of new extracts and feeds for Analytics data mart.
- Work closely with IT architects and off shore delivery teams in help convert functional specifications to technical design and drive solution options
- Develop adhoc reports and dashboards in Tableau.
- Created customized Table Calculations, Conditions and Filters for various analytical reports and dashboards.
- Work with vendor project managers in finalizing schedule and timelines for releases of various deliverables
- Carry out random testing to ensure deliverables being provided to Business teams are meeting the requirements
- Coordinate UAT with end users and drive release to production
Lead Test Analyst
- Development & creation of complete test strategy & plan
- Lead end user PRD testing
- Execution & facilitation of test plans & test cases
- Streamlining of test life cycle to ensure co-ordination between planning & reporting.
- Report weekly status to stakeholders
- Logging defects found in BRT testing in QC
- Ongoing maintenance of internal defect tracker
- Defect prioritization & submission of the same to release management team
- Communication of upcoming features & defect fixes to release management team.
- Identify & perform risk assessment
- Review & assist in resolving any concerns raised by end users
- Transitioning a set of high visibility reports from an external environment (marketRx - Third party vendor) to AZ internal infrastructure. The work involved included re-routing all the data sources from various vendors such as marketRx, Digitas, Epsilon, TMS.
- End to end automation of the alignment process from receipt of alignment file from marketRx to loading of data in Territory Master
- Created Business requirements document(BRD) & Functional specification document (FSD) to document detailed requirements & technical specifications.
- Conducted JRP & JAD sessions with business stakeholders to finalize requirements & develop prototype for applications.
- Designed the Graphical user interface for the reports and worked closely with data architects to finalize the data model
- Conceptualized layout and format and developed dashboards in Micro Strategy working collaboratively with other team members.
- Developed detailed project and release plans following iterative development and release approach and ensured that project gets delivered within time and budget
- Co-ordinated with application development team serving as a liaison between development team & business community.
- Managed offshore delivery & project resources for both work streams to ensure successful delivery.