- Seasoned data professional with 9 years of experience in Business Intelligence, analysis, design, development, customizations and implementation.
- Expertise in clinical, case management, and disease management reporting. Developed BI solutions for multiple state plans for effective care management of members.
- Experience leading BI team of 13 resources and responsible for delivering multiple BI initiatives and projects including migrations, new business implementations, visualizations etc.
- Developed multiple dashboards for clinical projects, adherence reporting dashboard, care management desktops, flu dashboard and HRA reporting etc.
- Experience in implementing BI solutions with multiple tools like Business Objects XI3.x suite, Xcelsius, Crystal Reports, and COGNOS, Tableau.
- Strong database skills, SQL programming and experience working on different databases like Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Sybase.
- Proficient in analyzing and translating business requirements to technical specifications and architecture.
- Experience in migrating reports from legacy systems.
- Experience in generating data models for the development of BO universes using tools like Erwin and Visio.
- Strong domain expertise in US Health Care and Insurance. Proven versatility by working on projects in various domains such as Insurance, Health Care, Pharmaceutical and Manufacturing.
BI tools: Business Objects XI 3.X, XI R2, 6.X, COGNOS, Tableau, Xcelsius
ETL Tools: Informatica Functional Modules Warehousing
RDBMS: ORACLE 10g/9i/8i, SQL Server 7.0/2000/2008 , DB2 UDB, Teradata
Languages: C, SQL, PL/SQL
Reporting tools: Crystal Reports
Front End Tools: SQL * Plus, TOAD
Processes: UHG’s QMS (Quality Management System)
- Managed a team of 13 resources, responsible for delivering BI solutions at Pittsburgh location.
- Lead multiple initiatives including advanced analytics, bright idea drives to encourage automation and savings.
- Instrumental in getting Tableau tool in to the project. Discussed with business and proposed the tool for National HRA Dashboard. Worked with the team to get the project implemented which was very well received by leadership.
- Expertise in clinical data management and member, provider and claims reporting. Instrumental is development of a clinical data warehouse which houses data from multiple clinical data applications.
- Working on multiple projects to introduce visualizations in the project like Long term care adherence reporting, operational assessment dashboard, auto adjudication dashboard.
- Submitted multiple bright ideas and automated many existing manual process resulting in saving efforts. Altruista reporting solutions idea was selected in top 5 during Bright idea drive with savings of $295K.
- Delivered complex, high quality reports to business with varying requirements and report specifications.
- Managed scope, planning, tracking, change control, aspects of the project.
- Responsible for effective communication between the project team and the customer. Provided day to day direction to the project team and regular project status to the customer.
- Provided training and KT sessions as a part of cross team KT program on coding and reporting.
- Reviewed the SQL scripts and reports as part of peer review process.
- Worked on Numara ticketing based system for reporting requirements.
- Established Quality Procedure for the team and continuously monitor and audit to ensure team meets quality goals.
- Handled multiple projects through my tenure including migration projects from legacy claims processing systems to FACETS, clinical migration projects from CAREONE to Community Care/Altruista and to ICUE (proprietary Care Management system), Geo Access Project, LTC Adherence Project, ICD10 migration, PPACA provider reimbursement project.
Environment: Crystal Reports XI R2, SQL Server 2010, Oracle PLSQL, Sybase, IBM Data cleaner, Optum Geo Application, FACETS, Tableau
Sr. Software Engineer
- Managed a team of 4 members and handled multiple projects.
- Gathered requirements and report specifications.
- Coordinated onsite calls and deliverables with onsite.
- Developed SQL scripts and crystal reports based on the requirements.
- Developed multi - tab reports with crystal.
- Worked on SQL server, oracle and Sybase databases.
- Worked on conversion of COGNOS reports to Crystal Reports.
- Generated reports based on data warehouse and clinical applications.
- Key Projects include COGNOS Conversion Project, BI Clinical Project, and Numara.
Environment: Crystal Reports XI R2, SQL Server 2010, Oracle PLSQL
- Worked in an onsite-offshore model as an onsite coordinator.
- Developed BO reports for billing data.
- Developed Xcelsius dashboard for sample summary using QAAWS.
- Trained Business Users and Client Technical team on WebI.
- Performed BO administration. Created users, groups and assigned security,
- Wrote complex SQL queries for data validation and data verification, data analysis for better understanding of business data.
- Migrated universe and reports from dev-production using import wizard.
- Performed extraction and loading of data into data warehouse using SQL loader (Sqlldr).
- Wrote batch scripts for automation of loading and ran them every month-end.
- Good Familiarity with SAP connectivity with Crystal Reports.
- Provided support to QA testing team to clarify changes and resolve testing issues or bugs.
- Validated new features of BO XI 3.1 like Report Bursting, Optional Prompts.
- Worked on Business Objects web intelligence report Security and Governance approach using Central Management Console.
- Key Projects include data warehouse billing, sample summary dashboard.
Environment: Business Objects XI 3.1 SP2,3.X, WebI, Oracle 11g, SQL Server 2008, Xcelsius 2008
- Was sole onsite coordinator and handled multiple projects; worked in an agile project and developed Universe on Teradata.
- Organized daily meetings with clients to gather requirements and documented the requirements; attended meetings with different teams ETL, Financial and marketing for requirement gathering.
- Implemented class structure, hierarchies and measures as per the requirements; solved loops by using aliases and contexts.
- Defined cardinalities to help in understanding the traps; provided updates on the status of the universe design in daily status meetings.
- Participated in the development of the Policy Admin Metrics Dashboard using Xcelsius.
- Organised user training sessions on the universe; trained business users for reports usage from Info view and created balance and control report scheduled to be generated daily.
- Developed many data models for building universes according to the user requirements.
- Reverse engineered the existing universes to generate data models from them.
- Scheduled the reports in Info view to be sent to the users email or folders on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Experience with Crystal XCELSIUS for implementing Enterprise Dashboards
- Created Various Dashboards using Xcelsius for upper Management
- Designed UI for the above created dashboards to make them visually appealing using web services, xml as data inputs.
- Created Interactive dashboards/graphs using Crystal Xcelsius with dynamic data visibility.
- Building dash boards with charts featuring dynamic visibility for each series.
- Tracked KPI’s (key performance indicators) by department to create interactive dashboards for higher management using Xcelsius.
- Key Projects include finance transformation project, policy admin metrics dashboard
Environment: Business Objects XI 3.1 SP2/XIR2/XI, WebI, Designer, Teradata 13.0, Xcelsius 2008