- Having a total work experience of over 11 years in software industry.
- Worked as a business intelligence analyst/developer for more than 5 years.
- Hands - on Tableau desktop development experience for 5 years.
- Good understanding on Tableau server components like VizQL, data server and Web App. Worked on initial setup process by installing primary node and worker nodes.
- Working knowledge on other BI tools like OBIEE while connecting to various data sources like Microsoft Access and Excel sheets along with relational databases like Oracle and MS SQL server.
- Experienced in developing and publishing various reports including business, operational, financial, forecasting, planning and KPI reporting.
- Ability to make right graph choices, use of data blending feature, Connect to several DB technologies, In-depth knowledge of Tableau access control & embedding visualization on web pages, Tableau Web Connector extra
- Experienced in creating Tableau Scorecards, Dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, line/pie graphs, and charts.
- Ability to explore options and suggest new solution and visualization techniques to the customer.
- Strong data analysis experience, including data profiling, building customized views, writing SQL queries, understanding DW data model.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills to quickly adapt and work with challenging environments.
- Experienced in design, implementation and management of business intelligence systems using a wide range of technologies.
- Capable of meeting deadlines and deliver high quality work under all circumstances.
- Ability to work as part of a team or individually and produce high quality work.
- Experienced in Project Management and delivering solutions in Onsite/Offshore model.
- Ability to work in multiple technologies integrating different application areas in cross functional environment.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
BI Analyst/Tableau Dashboard Developer
- Worked closely with the business relations management team to analyze and consolidate request requirements of OEE (Operational Equipment Efficiency).
- Built multiple tableau dashboards to reflect 32 KPIs which provide insight into the availability, performance and quality while comparing them with industry standards.
- Built a Job monitoring dashboard for IT team to track the daily automated ETL procedures for production data loads.This shows daily status of procedures and trending over last six months to identify the long runners and frequent failures identifying the root cause.
- Worked on multiple support tickets to resolve the business user’s dashboards.
- Built Quality dashboards to track the defective items and root causes to improve the production quality.
Confidential, Westlake, TX
BI Analyst/Tableau Dashboard Developer
- Worked closely with the project management team to analyze and consolidate request requirements to improve the decision planning process and meeting project deadlines.
- Defined data requirements and report layouts for the business to review. Created testing plans and scripts based on requirements.
- Worked with the reporting developers to gather, create and provide tests plan for 28 reports for four departments.
- Responsible for analysing large data sets, and preparing dashboards in compliance to quality standards.
- Responsible for understanding and gathering business requirements from key stakeholders and translating the specifications into Analytics, Interactive data visualizations and Dashboards enabling informed decision making.
- Developed, captured, analysed and documented detailed requirements from the customers in order to design, develop and support new and currently offered BI reporting solutions, both from an ad-hoc and operational perspective.
- Worked in Tableau environment to build customized & interactive reports and dashboards like Weekly, Monthly, Daily reports using Tableau desktop.
- Experience with creation of users, groups, projects, workbooks and set appropriate permission for Tableau server logon and security checks.
- Provided SQL and other database query technology for writing packages, functions, stored procedures, triggers, and creating tables and indexes.
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
BI Analyst/Tableau Reporting
- Contributed to build business dashboards to conduct trend analysis on retail metrics, especially relating to driving sales revenue, customer retention and salesperson productivity.
- Applied technical skills using Tableau and SQL in data collection, data analysis and reporting to procure data from database structures to report and provide solutions to client requests in a timely manner.
- Created and delivered presentations to various business teams regarding the current status and key decisions regarding their business issues.
- Facilitated the transition to IT-supported Business Intelligence Data Mart.
- Worked on rich graphic Tableau visualizations
- Involved in report design and development
- Experience in working directly with customers, presenting demos and involved in understanding requirements.
- Created different views in workbook sheets to visually analyze data.
- Created ad-hoc reports to users in Tableau by connecting various data sources.
- Improved Report performance in Tableau using Extracts and Context Filters to give the outputs within less time.
- Collaborated with application developers,business owners, and operation engineers to ensure the creation of production Business Intelligence designs and implementations.
- Used Business Intelligence Reporting Tool to create KPIs and Scorecards to improve corporate profitability measures and comparative financial analysis
- Initiated budget forecast, analysis, variance reports and generated ad-hoc reports for management for review
- Executed monthly financial modeling, budget improvement, processed expense reports and implemented time series modeling in OBIEE
- Understanding of Business Model development using different functionalities like Dimensional Hierarchies, Level Based Measures, Aggregation Rules, Time Series Function using Expression Builder
- Used OBIEE Admin Tool to develop three layers of repository and analyzed current business intelligence or trend data to support recommendations for action
- Prepared monthly Sox Reporting Package for management by importing data into the repository and producing interactive reports
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
Data warehouse Developer
- Installed and configured SQL Server 2005 instances for data warehouse implementation.
- Assisted in the development and implementation of data warehouse and data marts.
- Assisted in the design and support of ETL jobs and SSIS packages.
- Gathered, analyzed and defined business rules used in report requirement documents.
- Authored complex stored procedures used in ad-hoc and subscription based SSRS reports.
- Designed, deployed and maintained SSRS reports.
Confidential, Milwaukee, WI
Senior Software Engineer
- Involved in continuous production support for all the Lotus Notes applications by resolving over 2000 support tickets in various applications used for numerous modules like service, manufacturing, supply chain, inventory control etc.
- Developed new client applications by gathering requirements from end users and clients by preparing statement of work, functional design document, technical design document, coding, test cases, black box testing, user acceptance testing, implementation and post implementation verification.
- Worked as Quality Control Lead providing highest quality code and documentation.
- Worked as offshore team lead for Java and Data warehouse teams.
- Presented weekly dashboard to client manager and managed numerous projects.
- Technologies involved - Lotus Notes & Domino Server 6.5.3, 7.0.3, Oracle 9i, Java.