Several years of strong Technical Leadership, Business Analysis, Data Modeling, Data Warehouse Architecture, Business Intelligence, Data Integration, ETL and Development experience. Strong Data Modeling & Design (Logical & Physical). Good Communication, analytical skills and versatile working individually as well as within a team.
- Technical Leadership
- Data Modeling
- Business Intelligence
- ETL Design & Development
- DW Architecture
- Dimensional Modeling
- Data Integration
- Big Data
- FI & CDS Data
- FI Ratings
- Version Management
- Project Management
- Agile Methodology
Confidential, Stamford, CT
Sr. ETL/Data Architect
- My role involved Data Architecture and modelling, ELT Design and development of Hive Tables and HQL that sources data from a Data Lake in Hadoop to populate a Hive Data store being used as a reporting database.
- Hands on technical leader, technically leading a development team of 3 developers.
- Patterns implemented - Daily Snapshots, Slowly changing dimensions and Fact tables.
- Delivered the database on schedule within 3 months.
Confidential, Willmington, DESr. ETL/Data Architect
- Data Lineage analysis of the existing Informatica and Snaplogic pipelines to generate lineage documentation of existing ETL data flows.
- Analysis and data profiling new data sources to design logical and physical data models for the new dimension model. Design, development and implementation of backend Redshift tables and ETL jobs in Snaplogic and informatica to transform data from varied sources systems, i.e. Reltio, Salesforce, to the target dimensional model.
- Analysis and study of the current redshift schemas that housed the datawarehouse to generate and document the physical data model and then helping in Migration of Redshift tables from DC to DS clusters to save cost, and modification of the relevant ETL jobs in Informatica and Snaplogic.
- Re-writing of complex queries on Redshift to tune slow running ETL jobs
- Development of Unix scripts that sweep through all Informatica mapping & workflow XMLs to find data lineage.
Environment: Informatica 9.6, Snaplogic 4, AWS S3, Reltio, Salesforce, Redshift, UNIX Shell Scripting
- Development of Data integration scripts using Anaplan connect to tie in Oracle as a data source to Anaplan EPM tool for CIOX.
- Maintenance of Snaplogic ETL jobs at Stanford University, Ezesoft, Intuit, Veoliana to transform data and load into Confidential /Longview EPM tool
- Design and development of Matillion ETL jobs with Snowflake cloud database.
Environment: Snaplogic 4, Matillion, Snowflake, AWS, UNIX Shell Scripting
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
Sr. ETL Engineer/Architect
- Hands-on involvement in analysis and data profiling of the various data sources - for example, NetSuite, Workday and Salesforce to acquire, transform and load data into a set of repositories on the cloud using Snaplogic.
- Setting standards, ETL architecture and providing technical leadership and guidance to the ETL developers and integrators in the US and in Europe.
- Requirement Analysis, Business Process Flow Design and Scheduling. Design and development of re-usable components.
- Data Architecture and Modeling at individual tenant database level, based on specific business process requirements.
- Instrumental in the process of migrating the company from using Snaplogic 3.x to the cloud based version 4.x. This involved developing re-usable components for developers/partners, providing feedback to Snaplogic for tool enhancements, developers/partners and enabling the Confidential application to adopt the new Snaplogic version 4.x
Environment: Snaplogic 3.7,/4.x, AWS RDS, Snowflake, Redshift, Postgres 9.4/9.5, UNIX Shell Scripting, Python, AWS S3, Git, Hadoop 2 CDH4/5, Salesforce, Workday, NetSuite
Confidential, Stamford, CT
Sr. ETL Consultant
- Responsibilities involving design, development and maintenance of feeds from the various external sources including MarkIT, CME, ICE, Moody's, S&P & Fitch.
- Providing technical leadership to outsourced team members, writing technical specifications, data architecture diagramming, suggesting best practices to outsourced team members.
- Data Model Design and development of ETL extensively using SQL, PL/SQL, packages, procedures, materialized views, analytical functions, SQL*Loader.
- Performance tuning of ETL jobs and SQL queries used in data distribution.
- Extensive use of optimized SQL to replace PL/SQL as far as possible thereby reducing a lot of the context switching.
- Development of unix shells script and wrappers for the ETL modules.
- Investigation of the use of Informatica as an ETL tool for future feeds.
Environment: Oracle 11g, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Tortoise SVN, Autosys, TOAD, Informatica 7.1.2, 9.1.0, PVCS
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
Sr. Oracle Developer/Consultant
- Used Kimball methodology to design and model the ODS & DW schemas.
- Data Model Design and development of ETL processes to transform data from daily/weekly flat files to the ODS and eventually into to a dimensional modeled data warehouse.
- Extensively used SQL, PL/SQL, analytical functions to write packages, procedures, materialized views using Oracle 10g.
- Sqlldr used to stage data. Shell scripting used as wrappers for the ETL modules.
- Extensively used DataStage to create sequences for the ETL modules.
Environment: Oracle 10g, SQL, PL/SQL, IBM DataStage 7.5.2, UNIX Shell Scripting, Tortoise SVN
Confidential, Stamford, CT
Sr. Oracle Developer
- Data Architecture Design and development of a Central Data Repository of Static Content for Syndicated Loans business. Liaison with the Syndicated Loans team as well as down stream clients in the bank to define scope and requirements.
- Design and development of ETL interfaces to a central data warehouse housing fixed income data including static, pricing and rating information.
- Re-engineered the Bond Ratings feeds from Moody’s, S&P, Fitch and MarkIT into a consolidated generic Ratings schema involving fitting the new design with the current logical and physical model.
- Worked as part of a global team. Analysis, design, coding and mentoring developers, advising/setting standards and best practices, interfacing with business users globally as well as within the US.
- Extensively involved in diagnosing performance bottlenecks in code and advising the team on best practices with regards to SQL tuning, code optimization and alternative strategies for moving away from the legacy system (SYBASE) onto ORACLE solely.
- Extensively used PL/SQL packages, procedures, functions, pipelined functions, materialized views, collections etc. Used JavaCC to create a parser for the ratings feeds. JDBC was also used to create reports for downstream clients.
- Designed and developed a chat bot using Parlano MindAlign MDK. Enables the user to derive real time status and schedule information about Autosys scheduled jobs.
Environment: ERWin, Oracle 9i, 10g, Sybase, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle AQ, SQLJ, Toad, Unix Shell Scripting, Awk, Sed, lex, yacc, Java, JavaCC, Autosys, Clear Case, MS Project
Confidential, Trumbull CT
- Responsible for architecture, design, development & project management of the Provider Sub-System .
- Tech Leading & managing a team of 3-4 programmers. Usually multitasking on simultaneous projects.
- Lead numerous projects involving the migration of ancillary applications to Oracle, in particular the provider credentialing system, from early requirements analysis, logical modeling to physical modeling, building new front-ends, reports and processes, making modifications to the current system and enhancing the current functionality of the Provider System, as well as keeping the enterprise logical and physical models in sync with new developments.
- Involved in the architecture and design of an Operational Data Store being fed from the OLTP database. Lead the project to data model the logical and physical design for the providers system.
- Architected, designed and developed a Centralized Code Set Repository for enterprise-wide use.
- Involved in re-platforming and enhancing the Code Set Repository from iPlanet to WebSphere.
- Responsibilities include database design and modeling, code design and reviews, adherence to System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) standards and writing technical specifications.
- Extensively involved in creating PL/SQL stored procedures and functions, database triggers and development of batch processes using Pro*C, development of UNIX Shell scripts and lex parsers. Have extensively used SQL Tuning methods for the rule based optimizer.