- Having in 6+ years of experience in IT industry in Business Intelligence data visualization tools with specialization on Tableau Desktop 8.x, 9.x. & 10.x.
- Analyzing user requirement, validating available data, propose a usable design, develop, deploy and test on tableau server.
- Involve in design and development of Tableau visualizations which includes preparing Dashboards using table calculations, parameters, calculated fields, groups, sets and hierarchies.
- Expertise in designing and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing various Tableau Visualizations like Dual Axis, Bar Graphs, Scatter Plots, Pie - Charts, Heat Maps, Bubble Charts, Tree Maps, Box Plots, Waterfall Charts, Geographic Visualization and other making use of actions, other local and global filters according to the business/client requirement.
- Proficient in Agile, Iterative, Scrum and Waterfall software development life cycle.
- Experience across multiple domains/industries - Real Estate, Finance and Healthcare.
- Combined views and reports into interactive dashboards in Tableau Desktop that were presented to Business Users, Program Managers, and End Users.
- Build, published and customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Identifying and working on Data integrity issues.
- Extensive Experience in various Tableau Desktop reporting features like Measures, Dimensions, Hierarchies, Extract, filters, Table Calculation, Calculated fields, Sets, Groups, Parameters, Forecasting, blending and Trend lines.
- Experience in end to end development of a new set of reports, dashboards & KPI Scorecards.
- Implemented various data connections from data source to Tableau Server for report and dashboard development.
- Perform migration and deployment of dashboards across multiple Tableau servers.
- Comfortable in writing SQL Queries.
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies and concepts, including star schemas, snowflakes, dimensional modeling and reporting tools, worked with high volume databases with partitioned data. Knowledge on OLTP and OLAP systems
- Ability to work independently, understanding and implementing best practices of Tableau and delivering High-quality data visualizations.
Reporting Tools: Tableau 8.0, 9.0, 10.5
MS: Office products (Visio, Excel, PowerPoint), MS-Project
Methodology: Scrum (Agile), Waterfall, Iterative
Database: SQL Server, DB2, Teradata, Oracle, SAP BW, MS Excel
Confidential, Seattle, WA
- Worked on Real Estate Dashboards for real estate user community
- Created reports to analyze the Market trends for the county, city and area wise for the Real estate agents to interact and filter on the properties in the Dashboard.
- Worked with business users and application developers to identify business needs and provides solutions.
- Designed customized interactive report, dashboards and rich graphic visualizations with different actions and parameters using Tableau.
- Designed and developed various analytical reports from multiple data sources
- Worked on Line charts, symbol maps to show property’s listing status and volumes.
- Created dashboards for Business insights and Market insights that include agents, inventory, KPIs, trends, DOM, Median sale price, YOY, status for understanding the current market.
- Build custom time frame dashboards to compare any date range of one period with another.
- Created action filters, parameters and sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Created extracts and scheduled refresh daily/weekly/monthly on server as per the business requirements.
- Worked on multiple tableau visualization charts like bar charts, symbol maps, stacked bar charts, donut charts.
- Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left, and right joins in Tableau Desktop by connecting to datasets.
- Experienced working with large data within Excel
- Coordinated with data analysis process, writing queries in SQL, joining tables, pivot tables in Excel for the early process of connecting to data in Tableau.
Environment: Tableau, SQL server, Windows 10, MS Excel
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
- Worked on Financial main view dashboard, revenue and expense metrics dashboard for financial user community.
- Designed and created multiple views like Summary view, Trended YOY % of 8 Quarters, Expense and revenue walk view from prior forecast to current forecast.
- Worked closely with our BW team to design multiple bexqueries on expense and revenue metrics.
- Created extract type of data sources on top of the bexqueries.
- Made use of tableau best practices like applied filters to restrict the data in view, set up parameters for user entry
- Published data sources & scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Participated in meetings, reviews, and user group discussions and business groups for data driven decision requirements to create multiple Dashboards and being able to navigate from one Dashboard to another.
- Created Line Charts, Bar charts for Revenue and expense metrics dashboard
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Used in-built functions in calculated fields
- Solved Performance issues on Executive Business Dashboards to increase the speed for filtering on the Dashboard.
- End to End process involvement from gathering client business requirements, developing the dashboard in Tableau and publishing the dashboard into server.
Environment: Tableau, SAP BW, Khalix, MS Excel
BI Developer (Tableau)
- Worked on Retail dashboard, Supply and Demand analysis for financial user community
- Interacted with business representatives for gathering the Reports/Dashboards requirements and to define business and functional specifications.
- Developed Story telling dashboards in Tableau Desktop and published them on to Tableau Server which allowed end users to understand the data on the fly with the usage of quick filters for on demand needed information.
- Scheduled data refresh on Tableau Server for weekly and monthly increments based on business change to ensure that the views and dashboards were displaying the changed data accurately.
- Followed Agile Scrum process to streamline development process with iterative and incremental development.
- Created highly interactive visual Reports using Tableau.
- Designed business intelligence dashboards using Tableau, allowing executive management to view current and past performance sales trends, forecast sales, and to track existing customer sales.
- Strong Skills in Data Modelling & loading data from multiple data sources .
- Made use of tableau best practices like applied filters to restrict the data in view
- Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
- Worked in Tableau environment to create dashboards like weekly, monthly, daily reports using tableau desktop & publish them to server.
Environment: Tableau, SQL server, Ms excel
- Designed and enhanced databases, including testing, validating, and maintaining data integrity and accuracy across multiple databases.
- Requirement analysis and gathering for modification of system. Preparing requirement document; unit test plan, system and integration test plans.
- Developed and prepared reports and analysis utilizing Microsoft office suite.
- Experienced in Microsoft Word and large data within Excel (vlookups, Formulas, charts, pivot tables, macros), PowerPoint, Project, MS Visio, Crystal, SharePoint as well as other project management and time tracking tools.
- Participated in the analysis, interpretation, and translation of complex data, issues, trends, and relationships into effective strategies and action plans.
- Helped in testing and impact assessment on dashboards with changes to the data warehouse.
- Created test documents that help in validating reports and dashboards in QA.
- Converted charts into Crosstabs for further underlying data analysis in MS Excel.
- Reviewed basic SQL queries and edited inner, left, and right joins
- Tested dashboards to ensure data was matching as per the business requirements and if there were any changes in underlying data.
- Established and maintained effective working relationships with others throughout the organization.
- Participated in meetings, reviews, and user group discussions as well as communicating with stakeholders and business groups.
Environment: MS-Office products (Excel, Access, PowerPoint), SQL server