- Over 10+ years' experience as Workday HCM Analyst Business Analyst in supporting and testing Workday HRIS, Core, Compensation and Benefits HR Information Technology with expertise in Workday Integrations, Reporting Configuring & Testing.
- Adept in Identifying and Solving Business Problems and implementing appropriate technology solution
- Hand on experience on EIB Inbound/Outbound integrations, Workday Studio, Report Writer and Calculated Fields
- Expertise in building advanced, matrix and composite custom reports and through understanding of Workday data sources, which plays a key role to get desired output for a report.
- Well versed with functional concepts of Workday HCM
- Expert level in Building Complex Integrations, debugging & resolving the Integration issues in system through various phases of testing.
- Manage full life cycle HRMS/Payroll implementation for multiple clients and budgets
- Provided supported during go - live and Post Production Support.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with various stakeholders and team members
- Strategic Competencies to support complex Business Analysis
- Work closely with Developer and Business User to build and execute test scenarios against the Workday HR, and Absence application
- Good understanding of Integrations including Web Services, SaaS, Workday Architecture, Business Process Framework.
- In depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Phases such as Requirement analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Deployment
- Worked extensively on Payroll Interfaces and have designed and developed integrations in both Workday Studio and EIB.
- Experience in Workday Functional Testing using pre-built and recommended test scenarios that can be utilized as a jump-start for any specific client’s requirements
- Experience in Complex End-to-End Integration testing across Workday Business Processes and Upstream/Downstream Third-Party applications
- Observe the standards and procedures established by the project office and Track business needs during development phases in Business Life cycle.
- Involved in QA/Testing processes like User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and system integration Testing (SIT)
- Working experience in EIBs (Enterprise Interface Builder) for integration within workday used for data clean up and Configuring Security Groups.
- Experience in Workday Functional Testing using pre-built and recommended test scenarios that can be utilized as a jump-start for any specific client’s requirements
- Experienced in analyzing and preparing Project Deliverables such as Business Requirement Document (BRD) and Functional Requirement Document (FRD)/ SRS and proposed changes for process improvement using Rational Requisite Pro
- Efficient in making Requirement Traceability Matrix
- Participating in HRIS-related projects and develop business processes and procedures.
- Skilled in Object Oriented Analysis and Design with experience in creating Use Cases and Swim Lane Diagrams
- Excellent Team player with Result-oriented, Fast learner, Excellent communication skills
- Ability to exhibit Sound judgment and Decision-making skills along with exemplary leadership in constructing Strategic vision, Generating Financial success, and Delivering positive results across multiple organizational functions
- Experience in Data Conversion from Lawson/SAP/Peoplesoft (Loading Data) using EIB Template Model
- Experience in automating Business Events in Workday using Business Process including creation of notifications, help text and the use of condition rules within a business process
- Ability to conduct Walk throughs with stakeholders of the project including technical users, in order to formulate and design detailed Functional and Technical Test Plans, Test Cases for System Integration Testing (SIT), and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2000. 2003, XP, Seven, Vista
Databases & Tools: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access
ERP System: SAP FI/CO 4.3, 6.0
Workday skills: Workday HCM, Workday conversions, Workday Report Writer, I Loads, Core connectors and Workday Studio.
Document Processing: MS PowerPoint, MS Project, MS Visio, MS Web, MS Excel
Quality Management: Test Director, Win\ Load Runner
Multimedia: Adobe Photoshop, Dream Viewer
Methodologies/ Frame work: Rational Unified Process (Rational Rose, Requisite Pro, Clear Case, and Clear Quest), Waterfall, JAD, Data Modeling, Business Modeling, Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, and Class Diagrams
Data Modeling: Erwin
ETL\Reporting Tools: Business objects (BOXI) R3 with Crystal Report, Cognos
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Workday HCM Analyst
- Creating end to end recruiting process for clients from creating bp like job application, offer, hire, and onboarding, setup external carrier site, questionnaires, offer letters and review
- Created Supervisory organization, cost center hierarchies, and location hierarchies' maintenance staffing model, job details and job family
- Worked with advance compensation like bonus, stock, and merit plans. Created a compensation matrix based on the time portion rules.
- Configured absence management including vacation, parental leave and other LOA type
- Developed inbound integration to bring in result to workday after payroll run in complete
- Implemented workday performance management including goal setting, mid-year, year-end, processes. Configured various notification to integration.
- Developing standard, advanced and custom report using report writer tool as per the user requirement. Involved in production support. involved in transferring data from SAP to Workday worked on Payroll complex reports, Payroll security, Payroll accesses.
- Developed both inbound and outbound EIB integration in various segment of workday system.
- Worked on Payroll web service like PICOF and PECI interfaces.
- Developed the custom reports using workday report writer tool and deploying it into workday tenant
- Create the integration and used XSLT code to transform XML data to safely deliver files using SFTP server. Though understanding in using in different APIs for connecting the third-party system
- Created various EIB integration using workday templates and engaged in validating and customizing BP's for integration. Build new custom report and modified existing project
- Understanding the client requirement and configured based on the requirement in the workday solution through the development of prototype system, and testing the workday solution
- Worked with implantation partner during the development and unit test for payroll integration.
- Worked with team to create Payroll, benefit plans, benefit groups, benefit eligibility rules as per the client requirement, added them into enrolment plans, and managed the enrolment rules.
- Developed asset life cycle, Income statement, balance sheet, trail balance related reports
- Build studio integration related workday project and time keeping project
- Created inbound Studio integrations to update external payroll deductions.
- Created new hire integration to pull the new hire information using core connectors
- Coordinating and supervising the daily activity of the work day HR system and acts as a primary point of contact to monitor. Handled time and labor rules for NA payroll.
- Design Business form layouts using Studio Reporting tool called BIRT.
- Working with different staffing models, defining hiring restriction to position, job and head count management. Worked on setting up stock plans and launched employee stock grants
- Supporting the queries from business users of UAT testing of integration/ report
- Ensured the client takes advantage of workday practice.
- Worked with Workday Studio to fix integration related issues.
- Created reports with workday reports writer and creating custom integration with third party application using workday cloud connect and Enterprise interface builder (EIB).
Environment: Workday Integrations, Payroll, Benefits, SOAP, EIB, Core connectors, CCB, HR, WSDL, XML, XSLT, Taleo, Workday studio
Confidential, Washington, DC
Sr. Workday HRIS Analyst
- Lead the workday integration of business processes across disparate systems.
- Lead HRIS resource for bi-annual as well as weekly Workday maintenance and upgrades configuring and UAT testing prior to go-live.
- Involved in full life cycle implementations, which includes Discovery Phase, Planning, Gap Analysis, Development, Testing, Reporting, Go-live and Post Go-live support of Workday modules (HCM - Benefits, Compensation, Talent Management) automation Kainos Work Smart.
- Worked with business partners to load mass data changes within Workday.
- Partner with other analysts to ensure accurate security and process configurations to ensure simple integrations run smoothly.
- Responsible for testing new features of Workday releases as they pertain to simple integrations, business processes, and security.
- Developing Complex Benefit Integrations, Custom reports associated with it and configuring new Benefit Plans in the Workday
- Worked on building the Workday integrations between Workday and vendor systems.
- Monitor the integrity of Workday ATS data & reporting through regular audits, troubleshooting irregularities, as well as partnering with the HRIS team to research, correct discrepancies, and ensure data reliability.
- Gathered requirements for integration and scoping out the list for the workday implementations.
- Worked on modules HR, Payroll, Benefits Created Technical design documentation for different customizations.
- Engaged in the updating of existing solution from older versions while in charge of integrating solution with code from partner Company and producing successful builds.
- Configuring and Maintaining the business process like Hiring an Employee, Changes like Position of the employee, compensation with the usage of different staffing models.
- Built integration with ADP to report out the historical data of withholding orders from Workday.
- Responsible for core HR business processes including HRMS, Manager Self-Service, Employee Self-Service, Staffing, Talent Management, Benefits and Compensation.
- Responsible for code optimization and test the website across different browsers
- Effectively manage projects and scheduled releases to meet targeted release dates.
- Research and resolve simple integration problems, unexpected results or process flaws.
- Effectively prioritize and escalate system and customer issues as required.
- Suggest and design solutions and efficiencies to existing data upload and audits.
- Research, test, and present proposals for new features of Workday.
- Audit all comprehensive data to ensure data accuracy.
- I was Involved in implementation, upgrade, maintenance &support of PeopleSoft HRMS projects
- Build and maintain documentation of simple integrations for internal and external purposes.
- Validated the scripts that they executed correctly and meets the scenario description and Participate in development projects as advisor in the area of business and systems use.
- Develop testing strategies and verification scenarios along with project Scope and Requirements documents
- Serve as Location Specialist on the team supporting the 2300 plus staff at the firm. Maintain and follow HR business rules for location mapping to ensure employees are aligned to the correct cost center and location to reduce financial impacts.
- Contributed to the development of HRIS strategy, policies and procedures.
- Defined business processes and proposed new or improved processes by Functional Analysis with Validated new processes with the business process owners.
- Generate different kinds of custom reports - Simple, Advanced and Matrix reports to meet client requirements within the workday tenant.
- Audit and analyze data on a weekly basis to maintain integrity along with researching and developing new procedures for process improvement
- Take ownership of testing efforts for the HCM, Payroll, and Absence application.
- Develop, execute, and debug automated functional tests for Workday applications.
- Work closely with development and functional QA teams.
- Work closely with environments team to ensure efficient and stable builds.
- Diagnose functional issues, report bugs, and take ownership of issue resolution rain and mentor other team members on an ad hoc basis.
- Develop impact and preliminary analyses in SDLC, and participate actively in their implementation. VISIO and MS Project, Excel as Reporting Tool.
Environment: Workday, PeopleSoft, Log management, Logs reconsolidation, Data Warehousing, Data
Cleansing, MS project, User acceptance testing (UAT), Rational clear case, Clear quest, Use cases, UMLMS Office, Requisite Pro, Excel, EERS, I Load, Workday Studio, EIB, CII, COB, TOAD
Confidential, Maplewood, MN
Workday HRIA Analyst
- Performed configuration work as needed to support new and existing functionality.
- Uses knowledge of HR business functions and involves the key players to identify and Assessing operating needs and issues, and suggest IT solutions (possibly cross-functional or global) for one or more business function.
- Mapping and integrating local business processes with global business processes for all steps of worker life cycle.
- Performed Complex XSLT coding with respective to XML and Workday out rest API
- Clarified QA team issues and Reviewed test plans to make sure that all requirements will be covered in scripts and tested properly.
- Design and manage company-wide time tracking process, which includes creating custom reports to audit missed punches, training local and remote Time Keepers, configuring time calculations and settings
- Configuring Workday system to meet each client's unique business requirements. Also developed test scripts for other outside systems that interface with Workday.
- Coordinated in performing Unit testing.
- Creating, configuring, and modifying Compensation rules, tables, and groups.
- Participated in the discovery sessions with client and vendors, create the design and Mapping
- Documents and submit the same for sign off.
- Implementing the audit reports and attaching to the integrations which are developed using Workday studio tool and also monitoring the integration error logs during the integration run to make sure the integration is working properly.
- Draft job aids and FAQs for system integration and workflow for performance management and compensation module.
- Configuring new benefit Plans in the Workday system and to do mass uploads of Employees to that Plans.
- Creating Workday integration Codes, Groups, Time Entry Templates for Time Entry
- Validated benefit plans, deductions and earnings with respect to their related integrations.
- Created Supervisory Organizations, Cost Centers, Cost Center Hierarchies, and location hierarchies' maintenance, and modification of Workday Business Processes and definitions.
- Setup business process steps, such as Action, Approval, Approval Chain and Checklist, and how they work and integrate with security groups.
- Worked on securities assigning user based security groups to the users and also created some role based security groups.
- Help team in functional configuration and technical integration of the workday application.
- Implemented department policies & procedures
- Created functional specification documentation for the development team relating to all Payroll reports, interfaces, conversion mappings and forms.
- Worked on the creation of benefit plans, job profiles, and job families.
- Configuration of Workday's business process framework configured conditional rules to guide workflow or validate data as required to accommodate desired outcomes.
- Configured Workday compensation packages including salary, bonus, allowance, commission, and merit plans for multiple countries including merit and bonus plan processing.
- Involved in full life cycle implementation including Mapping of Business Processes, Configuration of Personnel Administration, Payroll, Benefits, Testing and Training.
- Configured Workday benefits including groups, plans, coverage types, event types, and eligibility rules for multiple countries.
- Create Functional Design documents for new Interfaces.
- Document Workday Business Processes (BP's) for re HCM and Compensation modules.
- Performed unit testing, writing and reviewing and UAT test plans.
Environment: Workday, Taleo Business Objects, People Tools 8.47, HPQC, SQR, People code, Application Engine, Toad, SQL Tools1.4.2, Workflow, Windows 2000/2008
Confidential, Tampa, FL
SAP HRMS Analyst
- Defined the Enterprise Structure by creating Personnel Area (PA), Personnel Sub-Area (PSA), Employee Group (EEG) and Employee Sub-Group (ESG).
- Assignment of the Personnel Area and Employee Groups to the company.
- Configured the feature NUMKR for default number ranges PA04.
- Maintained employee master data using transaction codes PA30, and PA40.
- Integrations of Workday Recruit -SAP & BrassRing.
- Working on modifying existing Personnel Actions.
- Conducted brainstorming sessions with the management and super users and designed the Enterprise Structure, Personnel Structure and Organizational structure and mapping them into SAP
- Customizing Actions, Info type menus and Info type groups as per client specification and provide documentation for the same. reated spreadsheets to gather data for each existing pay-code/deduction code to map them to SAP wage types.
- Worked on features LGMST to default wage types for Basic Pay. Coordinating with the Technical Consultant in creating custom Info type as per the business requirement.
- Assisted users to maintain basic Info types like IT0001, IT0002, IT0006, IT0007 and IT0009.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
SAP HR Analyst
- Manage QA Team for North America and Europe SAP Implementation of HR solution which includes OM, PA, LOA, BN, LR, TA, PY, CM, RC and PD.
- Study the Functional Detail Design Specification (FDDS) and Business Requirement Narrative Document (BRND) documents on the various HR Practices
- Develop Testing Scenarios along with Test Steps from FDDS documents in Work Flow Information and Management and update them onto the Mercury Quality Center (MQC), the Quality Updates tool.
- Developed Test Scenarios for Employee On-Board Hire and Movements, Personal Data, Personal Data Sheet, Additional Personal Data, Employment Verification, Pay Change, Dependent Data, Addresses, Voluntary and Involuntary Separation and Suspension
- Fixing the customizing issues arising in SAP R/3 for Infotypes such as Actions (0000), Organizational Assignments (0001), Personal Data (0002), Basic Pay (0008), Bank Details (0009), Family Members / Dependents (0021), Objects (1000), Relationships (1001), Descriptions (1003), Account Assignment Features (1008) and some customized Infotypes.
- Developed and Executed the test scripts and test the functionality of Leave Quota generation in Time & Absence Management Module for Annual Leaves, Sick Leaves, Maternity Leaves and Earned Leaves
- Test the Work Flows and Business Processes of Edward Jones in SAP ESS and MSS Portals as well as in the SAP R/3 Interface.