Highly accomplished manager, technical writer and IT specialist of deadline - driven technical publications, as well as creative documentation. Motivated team leader with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously. Recognized for being well-organized and detail-orientated, with exceptional communication and administration skills.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Advanced MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- SharePoint, SnagIt, Adobe Professional
- Web Design & Social Media
- Metrics, Statistics, & Analysis
- Professional Writing & Editing
- Leadership & Staff Management
Confidential, Annapolis, MD
Business and Documentation Support
- Design and write copy for advertisements, print mailers, email blasts, menus, and other promotional material
- Maintain restaurant Web sites, manage social media pages, and respond to customer inquiries
- Manage OpenTable content, settings, and communications
- Responsible for administrative functions, including QuickBooks, Micros configuration, online banking, and payroll
Confidential, Annapolis, MD
- Edited all final process and analysis documentation for content, grammar, usability, and Confidential regulation compliance.
- Maintained team SharePoint Web spaces and tracked all documents through internal, technical, and program review states.
- Developed & managed Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), Work Breakdown Structure ( Confidential ), and Resource Breakdown Structure (RBS); Produced Cost Performance Reports, Formats 1-5
- Liaised with corresponding business units from an operational standpoint to define reporting requirements, metric standards, and troubleshooting.
- Conducted resource in-processing activities and granted access to secure Web tools and programs.
- Prepared detailed metrics for senior management and other operational business segments, identified issues and trends in order to spearhead problem resolution, and defined data models for current business needs.
- Determined and measured performance as compared to support requests for new metrics, and consistently identified high-level reporting requirements.
Confidential, Lanham, MD
Director of Political News Operations
- Managed a reporting department with a combined in-house and contract workforce of 75, including off-shore and foreign-language contractors.
- Responsible for growing relationships and building strategic alliances with a broad client spectrum
- Analyzed the editorial importance of planned and breaking news events and delegated daily workload, making key coverage decisions.
- Prepared transcripts in response to deadline-driven news requests from major media and government outlets, and ensured appropriate tracking and reporting.
- Developed billing rates and procedures for clients; approved payments to contractors and streamlined company-wide SOPs with regard to invoicing.
- Served as project manager for various new products, coordinating all aspects with production, technical staff, vendors, clients, and distributors.
- Created standards for transcription, editing, and administrative processes.
- Designed metrics for measuring improvements in department performance and conducted analysis of competitor services
Lead News Editor & Court Reporter
- Served as the lead editor for all news transcription coverage.
- Edited documents in real time to ensure that Morningside transcripts were the first available to the media from any transcription outlet.
- Attended congressional hearings, monitored audio recordings, and documented hearing content for official House of Representatives committee records.