- Data Scientist with 7+ years of professional experience in the Banking, E - commerce, Transportation and Supply Chain domain, performing Statistical Modelling, Data Extraction, Data screening, Data cleaning, Data Exploration and Data Visualization of structured and unstructured datasets as well as implementing large scale Machine Learning algorithms to deliver resourceful insights, inferences and significantly impacted business revenues and user experience.
- Experienced in Facilitating the entire life-cycle of a data science project: Data Extraction, Data Pre-Processing, Feature Engineering, Dimensionality Reduction, Algorithm implementation, Back Testing and Validation.
- Expert at working with statistical tests: two-way independent & paired t-test, one-way & two-way ANOVA along with non-parametric tests: chi-sq. tests, Mann-Whitney U, Wilcoxon rank tests, Shapiro-Wilk & Kruskal-Wallis test using RStudio.
- Proficient in Data transformations using log, square-root, reciprocal, differencing and complete box-cox transformation depending upon the dataset.
- Adept at Analysis of Missing data by exploring correlations and similarities, introducing dummy variables for missingness, and choosing from imputation methods such as MICE in R and iterative imputer on Python.
- Experienced in Machine Learning techniques such as regression and classification models like Linear, Polynomial, Support Vector, Decision Trees, Logistic Regression, Support Vector Machines.
- Experienced in Ensemble learning using Bagging, Boosting & Random Forests; clustering like K-means, DBSCAN; Association Rule learning with Apriori, Eclat.
- In-depth Knowledge of Dimensionality Reduction (PCA, LDA), Hyper-parameter tuning, Model Regularization (Ridge, Lasso, Elastic Net) and Grid Search techniques to optimize model performance.
- Proficient at Data Cleaning process of outlier detection and removal using Grubb’s test for univariate analysis, Leverage test, Mahalanobis and Cook’s distance for multivariate analysis;
- Adept with R, Python and OOP concepts such as Inheritance, Polymorphism, Abstraction, Association, etc.
- Experienced in developing algorithms to create Artificial Neural Networks to implement AI solutions.
- Expertise in creating executive Tableau Dashboards for Data visualization and deploying it to the servers; Skilled in using tidyverse in R and Pandas in Python for performing exploratory data analysis.
- Proficient in Data Visualization tools such as Tableau and PowerBI, Big Data tools such as Hadoop HDFS, Spark and MapReduce, MySQL, Oracle SQL and Redshift SQL and Microsoft Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot tables)
- Skilled in Big Data Technologies like Spark, Spark SQL, PySpark, HDFS (Hadoop), MapReduce & Kafka.
- Experience in Web Data Mining with Python’s ScraPy and BeautifulSoup packages along with working knowledge of Natural Language Processing (NLP) to analyze text patterns.
- Excellent exposure to Data Visualization with Tableau, PowerBI, Seaborn, Matplotlib and ggplot2.
- Experience with Python libraries including NumPy, Pandas, SciPy, SkLearn & statsmodels, MatplotLib, Seaborn, Theano, Tensorflow, Keras, nltk and R libraries ggplot2, dplyr, Esquisse, CRAN.
- Working knowledge of Database Creation and maintenance of Physical data models with Oracle, DB2 and SQL server databases as well as normalizing databases up to third form using SQL functions.
Languages: Python, R, Matlab, SQL
Database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MongoDB, Microsoft SQL Server
Statistical Tests: Hypothesis Testing, ANOVA tests, t-tests, Chi-Square Fit test, Regression.
Validation Techniques: Monte Carlo simulations, k-fold cross validation, Out of the Box Estimates, A/B Tests.
Optimization Techniques: Gradient Descent, Stochastic Gradient Descent, Mini-Batch Gradient Descent, Gradient Optimization - Adam, Momentum, RMSProp
Validation Techniques: Gradient, K-fold cross Validation, Monte-Carlo simulations, Out of bag sample estimate
Data Visualization: Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, ggplot2, MatplotLib, Seaborn and Bokeh
Data modeling: Entity relationship Diagrams (ERD), Snowflake Schema
Big Data: Apache Hadoop, HDFS, Kafka, MapReduce, Spark
Confidential, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
- Performed Data Collection, Data Cleaning and Data Visualization using RStudio, Deep Feature Synthesis and extracted key statistical findings to develop business strategies.
- Initiated various pre-processing phases of text like Tokenizing, Stemming & Lemmatization and converting the raw text to structured data.
- Constructed new vocabulary to encode the variables in a machine-readable format using Bag of words and TF-IDF.
- Executed processes in parallel using distributed environment of Tensorflow across multiple devices (CPUs & GPUs).
- Implemented sampling, PCA and LDA for high dimensional data and drew visual statistical conclusions as well as statistical inferences.
- Employed NLP to classify text within the dataset. Categorization involved labeling natural language texts with relevant categories from a predefined set.
- Analyzed and grouped products into different clusters based on product description, purchase and historic data using techniques such as k-means clustering.
- Employed auto-classification of products based on customer database by drawing inferences from products ordered together. This assisted in creation of cohorts.
- A gradient boosted Decision Tree Classifier was trained using Extreme Gradient Boosting to identify whether a cohort was a promoter or detractor.
- Optimized the performance of the neural network using the regularization and choosing the right number of hidden layers and neurons per layer.
- The NLP text analysis monitored, tracked and classified user discussion about product and service in online discussion. (ScraPy and BeautifulSoup)
Environment: s: R, Tableau, Python - NLTK, SpaCy, Sci-Kit learn.
Confidential, Ada Township, MI
- Performed Data cleaning in a huge dataset which had many missing data & extreme outliers from Hadoop workbooks and explored data to draw relationships and correlations between variables.
- Used MICE in R to impute missing observations based on the existing observations & tracked outliers using Mahalanobis distance & leverage statistics: chi square cut off to remove extreme outliers.
- Used cook’s distance to detect distinct observational influence on the dataset and removed the outliers.
- Used two sample independent t-tests to assess the differences in mean purchases across dichotomous variables such as gender and marital status, used one-way ANOVA and tukey parameter to assess difference between mean purchases across polychotomous variables such as occupation and age.
- Used Multiple Linear Regression, Decision Tree Regression, Support Vector Regression & ensemble learning like Bagging, Random Forests & Gradient Boosting Machine to train 70% of the model & the models were optimized using Grid Search & the predictions were made on the test set using each trained model.
- Implemented an artificial neural network to predict the total purchase amount of customer using 64 neurons close to the input and 15 neurons in the outer layer close to the output.
- Computed Absolute and Relative return based on the simulation and plotted histograms for the selections to find the best ad and strategy based on a Reinforcement Learning algorithm (Thompson Sampling).
- The final model was selected using Gain Plot Curve Relative Gini Score, Root Mean Squared Error, and Mean Absolute Error and validated using ten-fold cross validation technique.
- The results were summarized as a dashboard in tableau and presented to the client.
Environment: Tableau, Excel, Python (Pandas, Scikit, Numpy), TensorFlow, Keras, R, MySQL, HDFS.
Confidential, New York City, NY
- Developed and enhanced spoofing surveillance by building trader profiles, utilizing historical trade activity to detect potential spoofing patterns and behaviors related to disruptive trading practices.
- Tackled highly imbalanced Fraud Dataset using under-sampling, over-sampling with SMOTE and cost sensitive algorithms with Python.
- Conducted Data blending, Data Preparation using Alteryx and Python for Tableau consumption and published data sources to Tableau server.
- Developed PySpark modules for predictive analysis and machine learning.
- Worked on Data Cleaning and ensured Data Quality, consistency and integrity using Pandas and Numpy.
- Participated in feature engineering such as feature intersection generating, feature normalize and label encoding with Scikit-Learn.
- Improved fraud prediction performance by using Random Forest and LightGBM for feature selection.
- Performed Naïve Bayes, KNN, Logistic Regression, Random Forest, SVM and LightGBM to identify spoofing pattern and collusion pattern.
- Employed various metrics such as RMSE, MAE, Confusion Matrix, ROC and AUC to evaluate the performance of each model.
- Employed statistical methodologies such as A/B test, experiment design and hypothesis testing.
- Implemented Bagging and Boosting, using AdaBoost, Gradient Boosting and Extreme Gradient Boosting to enhance the model performance.
- Performed data analysis by using Spectrum to run Redshift SQL queries against S3 to directly retrieve data.
- Created multiple custom SQL queries in MySQL Workbench to prepare datasets for Tableau dashboards and retrieved data from multiple tables using join conditions to efficiently extract data for Tableau workbooks.
Environment: Teradata, Alteryx, Tableau, AWS RedShift, Spark (PySpark), LightGBM.
- Used Python to develop different models & algorithms to predict the probability of customer subscribing for premium using different variables.
- Deployed advanced techniques such as text mining, statistical analysis and successfully formulated the problem.
- Used RStudio libraries like ggplot2 and dplyr to visualize the data and draw inferences from different features such as age, survey, minigame, etc.
- Built a classification model to classify customers for promotional deals to increase likelihood of subscription using Logistic Regression and Decision Tree Classifier.
- Developed and implemented predictive models like Decision Tree, Support Vector Machine and Logistic Regression to predict the probability of enrollment.
- Employed Ensemble Learning techniques such as Random Forests and Ada Gradient Boosting to improve the model performance by 15%.
- Picked the final model based on ROC & AUC and fine-tuned the hyper parameters of the above models using Grid Search to find the optimum model.
- Employed K-Fold cross-validation to test and verify the model accuracy.
- Prepared a dashboard and story in Tableau showing the benchmarks and summary of model’s measure.
Environment: R, Python, Tableau, SQL.
- Drew statistical inferences using t-tests, ANOVA, chi-sq tests and performed Post-Hoc Analysis using Tukey’s HSD and Bonferroni correction to assess difference across levels of raw material categories, test significance of proportional differences and assess whether sample size is large enough to detect the differences.
- Provided statistical insights into semi-deviation & skewness-to-kurtosis ratio to guide vendor decisions and inferences into optimum pricing for raw material order quantities.
- Performed Data Analysis on target data after transfer to Data Warehouse.
- Developed interactive executive dashboards using PowerBI and Excel VBA to provide a reporting tool that facilitates organizational metrics and data
- Worked with Data Architects on Dimensional Model with both Star and Snowflake Schemas utilized
- Created ETL solution using Informatica tool to read Product & Order data from files on shared network into SQL Server database.
- Created Database designs through data-mapping using ER diagrams and normalization upto the 3rd normal form and extracted relevant data whenever required using joins in Postgre SQL and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Conducted data preparation and outlier detection using Python.
- Worked with Team manager to develop a lucrative system of classifying auditions and vendors best fitting for the company in the long run.
- Presented executive dashboards and scorecards to visualize and present trends in the data using Excel and VBA-Macros.
Environment: Microsoft Office, Microsoft PowerBI, ARIBA, SQL, Informatica.