Sr. Data Architect/ Sr.BI Engineer/ Sr. Tableau Developer
Confidential, Plano, Texas
- Around 12 years of IT experience in Data Analysis/Business Analysis, System Analysis & Design, Development, testing and implementation of projects using Tableau,MicroStrategy, Teradata, Oracle, etc.
- Expertise in BI/Data Warehousing concepts, designs, and project implementations.
- Strong understanding of project life cycle and SDLC methodologies including RUP, RAD, Waterfall and Agile.
- Sound knowledge of Ecommerce, Retail, Marketing, Financial, Healthcare and Insurance industries.
- Proficient in Tableau 10.x/9.x/8.x/7.x/ 6.x (Desktop, Server, Public, Reader), MicroStrategy 9.x/8.x product suite (Desktop, Intelligence Server, Narrowcast Server).
- Proficient in gathering requirements, understanding of the As - Is and To-Be business processes and authoring Business Requirement Documents (BRD) into System Requirement Specifications (SRS) and identifying interface and business process specifications.
- Organized numerous Joint Application developments (JAD), Joint Requirement Planning sessions (JRP), Interviews, workshops and Requirement Elicitation sessions with end-user/clients/stake holders, Subject Matter Experts and the technology group.
- Conducted Gap Analysis, created Use Cases, Data Flows, PoCs and Power Point presentations for implementing BI solutions using Tableau reporting services.
- Proficient in designing the Design Documents for loading data into Data Warehouse and Data Mart tables and creating reports from the same.
- Extensive knowledge in Schema Objects (Facts, Attributes, Hierarchies, Transformations) and in developing User Objects (filters, prompts, metrics, Custom Groups, Consolidations) to develop Documents and reports.
- Worked on the development of Dashboard reports for the Key Performance Indicators for the top management.
- Experienced in developing rich Interactive reports and dashboards integrating various reporting components from multiple sources.
- Excellent knowledge in Tableau visual analytics and best practices like Dashboard structure, view orientation, Sizing and Layout, Data Emphasis, Highlighting, Color, Fonts, Tooltips, and performance improvement of complex dashboards/reports.
- Extensive experience in various Tableau Desktop objects like Measures, Dimensions, Folder, Hierarchies, Extract, Filters, Table Calculation, Calculated fields, Sets, Groups,Parameters, Forecasting, Blending and Trend lines.
- Experience with Level of Detail Expressions (LOD) for complex calculations, advanced grouping and to implement semi additive measures.
- Proficient in design and development of various dashboards, reports utilizing Tableau Visualizations like Dual Axis, Bar Graphs, Scatter Plots, Pie-Charts, Heat Maps, Bubble Charts, Tree Maps, Funnel Charts, Box Plots, Waterfall Charts, Geographic Visualization and other making use of actions, other local and global filters according to the end user requirement.
- Strong understanding of Data warehouse concepts, ETL, Star Schema, Snowflake, data modeling experience using Normalization, Business Process Analysis, Reengineering, Dimensional Data modeling, FACT and dimensions tables, physical and logical data modeling.
- Outstanding knowledge in writing complex SQL queries, Stored procedures, database tuning, query optimization and resolving key performance issues,.
- Experienced in working with data modelers to translate business rules/requirements into conceptual/logical dimensional models and worked with complex de-normalized and normalized data models.
- Managed cross-functional teams through Software Development Life Cycle.
- Extensively involved in Reverse-Engineering and Business Rules Extraction Expert in project planning, strategic planning, systems analysis and troubleshooting, quality control, forecasting, scheduling and planning and tracking of results.
- Strong influence management skills, reporting and analytical/problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills, Proven Communication, Organizational, Analytical, Presentation Skills, and Leadership Qualities.
BI / Reporting Tools: Tableau(Desktop/Server/Public/Reader), MicroStrategy (Desktop), Cognos, SSRS
SQL Tools: Teradata SQL Assistant, Toad, PL/SQL Developer, Banner
Modeling Tools: Power Designer, Erwin, MS Visio.
Data Integration Tools: Informatica, DataStage, SSIS, Alteryx
RDBMS: Teradata, Oracle, DB2 UDB, DB2 Mainframes, QMF, VSAM, QSAM, QMF, Oracle, SQL Server.
UI Tools: Unica, CICS, ROSE, PUTTY, Net beans, Visible Analyst, Collage, Lotus Notes, HP Open View.
Testing Tools: Mercury Test Director, IBM Rational Tester, Quick Test Professional (QTP)
Scheduling Tools: Autosys, UC4, Control M, ESP Scheduler
Operating Systems: UNIX (AIX 6.1/5.3, Sun Solaris2.6/2.8, HP-UX), Linux, Windows 7/XP/2000, Win NT 4.0, Mainframes.