- Around 7 years of IT experience in ETL development, Data Warehouse design and concepts, Data analysis, Data modeling, evaluation of data sources and Reporting.
- 7 years of extensive experience in Data Warehouse applications using Informatica 9.x, SAP BODS, Oracle, MS SQL server 2012/2016 on Windows and Cloud environments.
- Experience in FACETS database environment, SCRUM/AGILE methodologies.
- Experience in various phases of Data warehouse life cycle involving Requirement Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, and Deployment.
- Extensively worked on Informatica Power Center Mapping Designer, Mapplet Designer, Transformation developer Warehouse Designer, Workflow Manager, Repository Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Extensive experience in Data Profiling, developing mappings for Extraction, Transformation, Loading (ETL) data from heterogeneous sources (Oracle, SQL Server, XML files, flat files) into Data Warehouse/Data Marts.
- Extensive knowledge in Data Warehousing concepts like Entity - Relationship and Dimensional data modeling, Star Schema, Snow-Flake Schema, Physical and Logical modeling, Slowly changing dimensions (SCD - Type 2).
- Worked with multiple RDBMS including Oracle, MS SQL Server and associated SQL Dialects such as Transact SQL (T-SQL), PL/SQL.
- Experience in Data Analysis and data comparison between Relational databases and user reports.
- Experience in Crystal Reports, Creating/modifying detail and summary reports using features such as cross-tab, sub reports, complex formula objects, parameter values etc.
- Experienced in development, Administration and support solution for SAP Business Objects XI 3.1(R3) / R2/R1/6.x/5.x,Server Intelligent Agent (SIA), Central Configuration Manager, Central Management Console, Business Objects Enterprise, BO Performance Management, Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence reports.
- Familiar with EDI files like 837 files, 834 files.
- Troubleshooting, Optimizing, fine-tuning of SQL queries for efficiencies.
- Experience in Healthcare, HR and Retails domains.
- Provided reports to vendor in compliance with HIPAA law.
- Experience working with onsite and offshore models of project development.
- Strong testing and debugging skills and knowledge of ETL procedures and strategies to extract data from different source systems.
- Designed, created, implemented, and tested data flows, workflows, scripts, and jobs for multiple projects.
- Involved in creating many Data Integrator jobs, workflows, and data flows supplying source data for systems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical skills, and strong ability to perform as part of a team.
ETL: Informatica Power center 9.x, SAP Data Integrator 11.7.3, SAP Data Services 4.0/3.2,Data Stage .x/7.x/8.x
BI Tools: SAP Business Objects 4.0/XI 3.1/XIR2/6.5 (Designer, Deski, Webi, Import Wizard, CMC, Auditor, ZABO and Broadcast Agent), Crystal reports 2008
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, SQL Server 2005/2008, Teradata, DB2,MS Access, TOAD, SQL Developer, Microsoft SQL Server 2016.
Bug Tracking Tools: HP-QC / Remedy / Bugzilla
Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, HTML, XML
Data Modeling: ERWIN 7.0/4.0, Visio
Data Warehouse Developer
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.0.1, Oracle (SQL Navigator) 11.x, Remedy, Data Grip, Microsoft SQL Server 2016, Windows, Cloud Environment.
- Involved in Analysis, Requirements Gathering and documentation of Functional & Technical specifications.
- Design, develop, and deploy ETL solutions to meet business requirements using Informatica Power Center.
- Build new ETL mapping, workflows and reusable mapplets and transformations in order to extract the data from various sources (XML, Flat Files & Database tables) transform it per the business requirements and load the data into targets using Informatica Power Center.
- Performed Adhoc testing, Integration, End-to-End, system testing.
- Developed complex mappings using Lookups both connected and unconnected, Sorter, Joiner, Aggregator, Filter, Router, SQL transformations to transform the data as per the requirements.
- Created Workflows using various tasks like Email, Event-wait and Event-raise, assignment, Timer, Scheduler, Control, Decision, Session in the Workflow Manage
- Researched and resolved the issues regarding the integrity of data in the databases.
- Used SQL-Overrides and filter conditions in source qualifier as required thereby improved the performance of the mapping involved in performance tuning
- Communicating with business for new requirements and catering changes to the existing extracts.
- Used Workflow Monitor to monitor the jobs, review error logs that were generated for each session, and resolved the
- Conduct ETL performance tuning, trouble shooting, support and capacity estimation.
- Optimized performance of Informatica session for huge data files by using partitioning, increasing block size, data cache size, sequence buffer length and target based commit interval
- Identified and resolved any processing and/or procedural issues as they occurred minimizing any customer impacts.
- Conduct thorough testing of ETL code changes to ensure quality of data produced.
- Monitoring, maintain and support existing load process.
- Prepared documentation on all assigned systems and databases, including business rules, logic, and processes
- Perform data extract activities based on specific needs provided by the business
- Formulates, implements, and enforces proper data collection policies and procedures.
Environment: BODS 3.0, Ascential Datastage 6.0, BI/BW Version 7.5 & 3.0, Business Objects XI R2, Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence, Info View, DB2/SQL and MSSQL 8
- Replicated all the transformations from Datastage into BO Data Services 3.0 ETL transforms and ensured the output was consistent according to the business logic and requirement from different sources.
- Hands on experience using transformations like query, table comparison, look-up, Case, merge, SQL transformation.
- Experience handling administrative jobs like scheduling, un-scheduling batch jobs, granting access/ permissions to the user etc.
- Responsible for unit testing of logic and data.
- Validating the load process of ETL to make sure the target tables are populated according the data mapping provided that satisfies the transformation rules.
- Analyzed the business requirements and worked with different application teams to develop various reports.
- Created various summary reports that involved use of formulas, Grouping, Parameters, and Selection Criteria to handle the customer’s request from Tables, Stored procedures, Views and Command objects using Crystal Reports.
- Prepared Unit test cases using Quality Center and developed detail design documents for each report.
- Worked with Support team to complete design/code review.
- Created and tested data flows, workflows, scripts, and jobs.
Environment: Business Objects XI- Release 2/XIR3, Desktop Intelligence (Deski), SAS, Datastage, Oracle 10g, Windows OS,HP Quality Center
- Maintaining the existing universes, reports which have been migrated.
- Creating new reports (On demand, Adhoc Reports, Summary Reports, Sub Reports, dynamic grouping, Cross-Tab, graphical, etc.) based on the user requirement
- Making changes to an existing report as per user requirement.
- Managed user profiles using Supervisor and Set object-level security and row level security restrictions, as per the client requirement
- Built reports for various subject areas (Membership, Provider, Claims).
- Single point of contact (SPOC) for the BO Service Desk.
- Providing Business Objects access to new user. Extensively worked with security issues and user maintenance in Business Objects 6.5/XI/XIR2.
- Processing the certification related to the ‘Membership Subject area’ and adding users to security table
- Created custom hierarchies to support drill down reports.
- Created the reports using Business Objects functionalities like Combined Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill down, @Functions, Cross Tab, Master Detail and Formulae etc.
- Created users, groups and access rights using Central Management Console.
- Implemented complex new Universes Linked with existing Universes from Data marts.
- Managed user profiles using Supervisor and Set object-level security and row level security restrictions, as per the client requirement.
- Migrated Business Objects XIR3 to Business Objects 4.0.
- Created Crystal reports using formulas, Grouping, Parameters, cross-tab, sub reports, parameter values etc.
- Created Reports like, Reports by Category, Reports by Region, and Reports by Time (Year, Quarter, and Month Date).
- Develop canned Web Intelligence reports using functionality like Drill feature, Scope of Analysis, Variables, Rank, Sort, Breaks, Formatting, hyperlinked reports (Sub reports) and Sectioning etc.
- Performed Unit testing, integration testing to verify the report functionality and debugged dashboard reports to verify data matches as expected.
Environment: BO Data Integrator (SAP BODI 11.7), Business Objects XI- Release 2, Oracle 10g, Windows OS, Designer, Broadcast Agent, Web Intelligence, TOAD 6.3, PL/SQL, ERWIN 4.0.
- Gathering requirements from users, extracting data and designing reports as per the business requirements.
- Created SAP Data Integrator mappings, batch Jobs, Workflows and Data Flows to load the data warehouse, the mappings involved extensive use of simple and complex transformations like Key Generator, SQL Query Transform, Table Comparison, Case, Validation, Merge, lookup etc.
- Migrated ETL Jobs by exporting and importing ATL files.
- Created, Scheduled and Monitored Batch Jobs using BODI 11.7
- Importing jobs from development to production server
- Exception Handling using Data Integrator. Implemented SCD 2 using table comparison and history preserving transforms.
- Designed dimension tables, fact tables, Summary and Aggregation tables according to the functional requirement specifications and loaded data to support reporting.
- Good understanding of Match Transforms, Address Cleanse and Data Cleanse Transforms for US Data Cleansing in Data Quality.
- Designed, developed, implemented and maintained Universes using Business Objects Designer, Resolved loops by creating Contexts and Aliases.
- Checked Universes for Integrity and exported them to the Repository to make resources available to the users and groups.
- Designed and developed various Universes by defining classes, objects, and defined Joins, Cardinalities between tables.
- Created new Universes and fine-tuned existing ones by resolving join problems, setting up aggregate awareness, defining hierarchies, cascading LOV, @Functions, Breaks, Filters, Sorts, alerts, ranks, formulas Query prompt, Drill filters and more.