- Experienced procurement and supply chain expert with 17 years of achieving success in customer and supplier relationship management, supply chain management, cost reduction and avoidance, strategic sourcing and supply base development, international and domestic EMS outsourcing management, continuous process improvement, supply/demand materials management, change management, market trends and supply chain project management.
- Negotiations Contracts Material Management Production Configuration Lifecycle Management Transportation Costs Inventory Management E&O VMI/SMI Continuous Process Improvement Project Management Data Analysis Supply/Demand Planning Cradle - to-Grave Procurement Supplier Relationship Management Outsourcing Change Management Benchmarking
Global Commodity Manager
- Developed process to identify, quote, and source programmable Confidential by breaking out pricing for blank Confidential from the programming cost.
- Prior to this, there was no way to identify what we were paying for programming whether it was outsourced or programmed in-house. Process of calculating a standard programming cost using the weighted average costs of the programming charges received from our suppliers compared to the labor costs incurred when we program parts in house.
- Achieved 10% cost reduction (approx. $1.2M annually) against spend of approximately $14M on material for our largest customer using a variety of methods. First by driving the top spend semiconductor companies to provide straight up cost reductions. Negotiating several agreements to bundle spend with certain suppliers in order to achieve overall cost reductions while guaranteeing business for these suppliers for a certain time period, generally 6 months to 1 year. Negotiated several agreements to move purchasing of high end semiconductors direct to the manufacturers; eliminating 3rd party distribution suppliers.
- Appointed as a super user for new ERP system, assisting the project director in setting up the new system properly and developing work instructions for the new system that will cut work load by up to 30% for Program Buyers and Planners at our various plants.
- Negotiated new pricing agreements on several parts that were generating unfavorable PPV. Turing these parts into positive PPV components and generating approximately $250k in combined cost reduction and positive PPV.
- Negotiated VPA (Volume Purchase Agreement) with largest distributor which will generate 500K to $1M in rebates on an annual basis, paid out quarterly.
Senior Manufacturing and Supply Chain Manager
- Negotiated 15-20% cost reduction across all products with largest hardware technology partner which increased profit margin by about 20-25% approximately $700k annually on $3-$4M spend
- Negotiated increased discount for annual support and maintenance for the same partner from 20% to 30% as well as an additional discount, increasing to 40% starting in 2014.
- Redesigned sales quoting tool to include hardware BOMs and optional equipment enhancements, both hardware and software.
- Sourced and selected new contract manufacturer for proprietary hardware, saving 10% in manufacturing and logistics costs.
- Developed and implemented new inventory tracking and product allocation system and integrated onto Sales Force for Sales to have up to date inventory status at their finger tips.
- Absorbed all responsibilities for two positions that were eliminated into my position without any delays despite a significant increase in the quantity of work.
- Negotiated new OEM agreement with largest data storage manufacturer in the world.
Confidential, Broomfield, Colorado
Senior Global Commodity Manager
- Negotiated cost reductions on a quarterly basis between 1.5% to 3%
- Negotiated Design Win Agreements with 3 major semiconductor suppliers to support Confidential ODM design business which will generate $100K to $300K in annual sustainable design rebates.
- Led cross functional cost reduction tiger team that resulted in $5M in annual savings for our largest industrial customer.
- Global Lead for analyzing and publishing semiconductor market trends for both internal and external customers.
- Semiconductor commodity lead for Medical Devices segment
- Facilitated a new SMI program with a major semiconductor manufacturer which brought annual SMI spend coverage from $6M to $30M in two quarters.
- Negotiated Global Business Agreements with 2 major semiconductor suppliers resulting in improved payment, warranty, and indemnification terms.
Confidential, Englewood, Colorado
NPI Materials Manager
- Facilitated creation of preferred strategic supplier matrix to leverage relationship and total spend with various industry leading semiconductor companies.
- Kicked off cross-functional, multi department, multi-site review of all NPI processes and procedures
- Leading cross-functional team tasked with revising and improving product lifecycle process
- Negotiated 4% cost reduction with largest supplier resulting in approximately $12M annual savings
- Worked closely with cross-functional teams including manufacturing, engineering, operations, planning and supply chain to bring next generation, Sling loaded DVR product to market
- Supply Chain NPI Program Manager for next generation DVR’s and Sling boxes
- Negotiated 2-5% quarter over quarter cost reductions for high volume, high capacity hard drive requirements
- Negotiated $2M settlement with major IC manufacturer to recover refurbish and repair costs incurred due to design flaws
Confidential, Broomfield, Colorado
Outsourcing Supply Base Manager
- Negotiated sale of excess inventory that provided $1.2M in savings.
- Negotiated favorable excess and obsolete liability settlement with a current CM resulting in $9M savings in inventory and services.
- Developed, negotiated, and implemented service level agreements for two contract manufacturers resulting in vastly improved business practices, reduced costs, and improved service.
- Project Manager for successful supplier consolidation from two sites to one site resulting in approx. $10M annual savings.
- Critical team member of Integration Team for Confidential acquisition of Confidential
- Earned Confidential Button Award for outstanding job performance severing business relations with Confidential EMS providers while ensuring fair, cordial, and amicable termination of the relationships with two of Confidential ’s EMS providers.
Confidential, Broomfield, Colorado
Supply Chain Manager
- Reduced costs by up to 25% for 3 product lines on a quarter-over-quarter basis.
- Increased on-time delivery from 95% to 98.5%.
- Increased profitability by moving PCBA to Thailand-based manufacturer.
- Offered retention bonus by Confidential management due to job performance excellence
- Reduced total product expenses by 2-5% quarter-over-quarter by negotiating material, labor, and logistical cost restructuring.
- Reduced $4.7M in excess/obsolete inventory during the RoHS initiative implementation
- Reduced total manufacturing and material costs by 33% on 2 product lines acquired by Confidential
- Developed and implemented an ECO cost process designed to provide quick and accurate ECO cost analysis used to make decisions on ECO approval and implementation.
- Recovered over $700k in scrap costs by negotiating settlement for $2M+ in excess and obsolete inventory.
- Facilitated cost savings of $10-20M per year by outsourcing all finished goods manufacturing
- Reduced Confidential ’s lead time, costs, and inventory by designing and negotiating agreement to sell and ship critical assemblies built at one CM and assembled into product at a competing CM.