- Operations Executive who consistently overcomes adversity to drive change and results. Rich and broad experience across diverse segments, including; OEM, Consumer Goods, Automotive, Electronics, Metal Fabrication, Plastics Operations.
- Expertly defines strategic steps for growth and optimization of US and International operations.
- Efficiency, Growth and Profitability - Identify strategic solutions for profitability and operational transformation, drove improvements resulting in double digit profitability and growth, which as a result allowed for product expansion and opening of new market opportunities, organizational realignment and operations restructuring.
- Operational Excellence - Built a process driven organization in Confidential and Confidential including consistent business systems, processes, metrics by leveraging Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma and Balanced Scorecard.
- Leadership Presence - Cultivated relationships with employees, customers, suppliers, community/government leaders, lead and mentored management and high-profile project teams. Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish. Unparalleled multicultural experience, having lived and managed operations in Latin American counties.
LEADERSHIP SKILLS THAT FACILITATE SUCCESS:
- Operations Growth
- Realignment / Restructuring
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Mentoring / Coaching
- Strategic Alliances
- Performance Management
- Change Agent
- Value Stream Mapping
- Culture Transformation
- Lean/Six Sigma
- Team Building
- Quality Systems
VP & GM of OPERATIONS
- Led the complete transformation of the Value Stream with a complete re-layout of the operation for a lean flow structure to the operation.
- Resulted in Increased operational output by 25% and lower operating cost by 12%
- Grew the operation profitability (from -12% EBIT to 0% EBIT in 6 Months) while transforming the efficiency of the operations.
- Managed the On-Time delivery crisis, salvaging customers by improved commitment to delivery dates ( Confidential rose from 48% to 85% in 6 months).
- Implemented a safety culture that drove the TRIR down form 3.5 to 1.8 in 6 months.
VP & GM of OPERATIONS
- Led the operation to record profitability (from -2.9% EBIT to +10% EBIT in 18 Months) while transforming the efficiency of the operations.
- Integration of 4 separate business units into a single entity to drive accountability and performance (Mfg. efficiencies rose from 35% to 87% in 18 Months).
- Managed the On-Time delivery crisis, salvaging customers by improved commitment to delivery dates ( Confidential rose from 25% to 83% in 18 months).
- Lead the warranty result transformation, though quality process improvements in the operation (warranty decreased from 18% to 3.5% in 18 months).
- Drove a safety initiative that resulted in a significant decrease in incident rates (recordable incident rate dropped from 10.2 to 1.4 in 18 months)
- The operation received the prestigious “Presidents ” for operational excellence, in fiscal years 2016 and 2017. Only ed to a single operation in the division.
Confidential, Katy, TX
GENERAL MANGER OF MANUFACTURING OPERATIONS
- Increased output by 40% through the elimination of waste.
- Reduced inventory by 25% through manufacturing efficiencies.
- Reduced the manufacturing footprint by 100,000 sq. ft. to allow for additional processes.
- Increased profitability from 15% to 25% EBITDA.
Confidential, Houston, TX
GENERAL PLANT MANAGER
- Drove manufacturing process improvements resulting in increased output by 25%.
- Reduced quality defects from 15% to 3% with six-sigma methodologies.
- Increased EBITDA 12% by reducing cost and producing higher quality output.
- Successfully in-sourced all injection molded products resulting in increased profitability with a product cost savings of 15%.
- Reduced quality defects from 5% to >0.8% using statistical process controls and six-sigma methodologies.
GENERAL MANAGER / ELECTRONICS
- Successful start-up of a greenfield electronics operation, on time and within budget.
- Transferred $40M in sales to the operation while launching a new platform that provided additional $60M in sales to the operation.
- Obtained ISO-9000 and subsequently TS-16949 for the operation within 18 months of start-up.