- Dynamic and adept IT professional with extensive years of experience and with Core Technology skills to delivering exceptional services. Seeking a position as a Data Analyst/ETL/Tableau Developer, Business/Requirement Analyst, Data modeler; utilizing knowledge of relational database and Business Intelligence models to improve on efficiency and effectiveness of organization’s IT functions towards achieving an ultimate goal.
- Data Analyst with over 8 years of experience working with financial and retail domain.
- Proven ability in working with enterprise level large data warehouses, RDBMS systems, and ETL and modeling tools/techniques.
- Excellent in data mining for fulfilling customer segmentation business requests and periodic report generation.
- Worked with different source systems like Teradata, Oracle 10g and Microsoft SQL Server. Thorough knowledge and understanding of Dimensional Data Modeling, Star schema, Snow - Flake schema, creation of Fact and Dimension Tables, OLAP, OLTP and other Data-Warehousing concepts.
- Created SAS code to be used by the team members to export and import data in and out of SAS and Teradata
- Well versed with data movement and data conditioning within cross platforms.
- Created clear audit trails showing how populations were selected and validation of criteria.
- Adept Confidential reducing the development cost and providing the traceability of Projects
- Extracted data from existing data stores, Developing and executing departmental reports for performance and response purposes by using oracle SQL, SAS, procedures, packages, functions, database triggers
- Excellent analytical skills for understanding the business requirements, business rules, business process and detailed design of the application
- Extensive experience in System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) involved in all stages of development including elicitation, analysis, specification, design, implementation, testing and deployment of applications.
- Extensive experience using MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Visio and Requisite Pro
- Transformed Tableau into a managed service offering for consumption across Corporate Treasury and Corporate Investments.
- Experience in Developing Performance Dashboards, Score cards, Metrics, What if analysis, Prompts, Drills, Search (using Add-ons),Reports/Dashboards for all the functional areas including Finance, Change Management, Order Management, Pricing, Purchasing, HR, Demand Planning, Discrete Manufacturing, Quality, Inventory Warehouse Management, Supply Chain, and Transportation, Sales/Marketing, Variable Objects with formulas.
Operating Systems: Win XP, Vista, 7, Windows Server 2003, 2008(X32, X64)
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 , Teradata 12/13, MySQL 5.2, 5.7, Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, DB2
ETL/Other Tools: SSIS (Visual Studio), Informatica Power Center 8.6.1/9, SAS Base 9.x, SAS Enterprise Guide, Erwin Data Modeler, ER Assistant
Querying Tools: SQL Management Studio 2008/2013, Teradata SQL Assistant, SQL Plus, SQL Developer, Teradata-BTEQ, PL/SQL
Querying language: SQL, PL/SQL, TSQL
Business Intelligence Tools: Tableau 9.1, 9.2, 9.3, 10.2 Cognos, Excel and PowerPivot, SSRS,SSIS,SSAS
SQL Data Analyst/ Tableau Developer
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Gathered Business Requirements by interacting with Business Users, Project Manager and SMEs
- Analyzed metric dashboard reports and identified the formulas and functionality of the dashboard reports and digitizing the metric dashboards to Tableau application.
- Created Tableau scorecards, dashboards using stack bars, bar graphs, scattered plots, geographical maps, Gantt charts using show me functionality.
- Used Data Blending, groups, combine fields, calculated fields, and aggregated fields and spotlighting to compare and analyze data in different perspectives.
- Implemented security in reports according to employee groups and roles according to the requirement and was involved in deployment process.
- Created reporting standards and naming conventions document.
- Provided 24/7-production support for Tableau users.
- Created new mappings and updating old mappings according to changes in Business logic.
- Used Informatica to populate the data mart from large flat files and relational databases.
- Created complex transformations using Joiner, Update Strategy and Lookup, Expression etc. Involved in the development of Informatica mappings between Source system and Warehouse.
Data Analyst / Tableau Developer
Confidential, Baltimore, MD
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Created action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau.
- Effectively used data blending feature in tableau.
- Defined best practices for Tableau report development.
- Administered user, user groups, and scheduled instances for reports in Tableau.
- Executed and tested required queries and reports before publishing.
- Mastered the ability to design and deploy rich Graphic visualizations with Drill Down and Drop down menu option and parameterized using Tableau.
- Created side by side bars, Scatter Plots, Stacked Bars, Heat Maps, Filled Maps and Symbol Maps according to deliverable specifications.
- Consistently attended meetings with the Client subject matter experts to acquire functional business requirements in order to build SQL queries that would be used in dashboards to satisfy the business's needs.
- Extensive experience in Tableau Administration Tool, Tableau Interactive Dashboards, Tableau suite.
- Provided support for Tableau developed objects and understand tool administration.
- Worked in Tableau environment to create dashboards like weekly, monthly, daily reports using tableau desktop & publish them to server.
- Created Custom Hierarchies to meet the Business requirement in Tableau.
- Created Workbooks and dashboards for analyzing statistical billing data using Tableau 8.0
- Created various connections, Data foundations and Business layers.
- Converted WEBI Reports to Tableau Dashboards for Advanced Visualizations.
- Developed formatted, complex reusable formula reports and reports with advanced features such as conditional formatting, built-in/custom functions usage, multiple grouping reports in Tableau.
- Experience on writing SQL Queries.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to work effectively with user departments