- A seasoned quality systems management professional who has worked in the power electronics manufacturing industry for 20+ years.
- Proven track record of troubleshooting and repairing computer hardware.
- Can effectively communicate with both frontline associates and leaders across the enterprise.
- Adept at using available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Able to make decisions or take actions to resolve a problem or reach a goal.
- Have demonstrated a proficiency at providing innovative decisions to accomplish tasks while managing cost.
- Possess strong management and leadership skills.
- Have routinely analyzed and solved problems quickly and effectively.
- Have effectively provided phone, email, and on - site support to customers.
- Previously held Top Secret Clearance-currently inactive.
- Analytical/Critical Thinker
- Cost Control Management
- Change Management
- Able to multi-task
- Strong organization skills
- Strong computer skills
- Root Cause Analysis
- Innovative Problem Solver
- Delivered customer support and continuous quality improvement for several high-profile customers, including Fortune 100 computer hardware manufacturers.
- Introduced customers to factories in Asia to interact with design engineers, manufacturing personnel, quality, and product support personnel.
- Audited and certified third-party repair partners to insure their processes met established standards.
- Implemented on-site Automated Test Equipment and bench testing of power supplies at several customer sites. Adding this process eliminated the issue of a customer returning good power supplies.
- Achieved and maintained relationships with customer base by visiting each customer quarterly and maintaining open lines of communication between visits.
- Decreased the cost of reworks and screens by performing them at customer locations.
- Expanded customer satisfaction via world class quality assurance processes.
- Improved processes and standards for the Product Support Group to drive continuous improvement and improved customer support.
- Organized, planned and executed quality reworks and screens in or near customers’ factories worldwide. This resulted in faster turnaround times, elimination of shipping costs, and the ability to keep the customer’s production line running.
- Reviewed and signed Service Level Agreements with suppliers and third-party repair partners.
- Efficiently delivered completed work responsibilities with no supervision.
- Strong computer skills: internet navigation, word processing, spreadsheets, including Microsoft Office Specialist for Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Investigated the process. Found lower cost options, eliminated waste in the process, and reduced the cost of the second half of the rework by 50%, without compromising quality or delivery.
- Optimized the organization’s quality assurance unit and its personnel, including the establishment of goals, schedules, priorities, staffing, and budgets.
- Chaired executive management team monthly update meetings on quality performance and improvement to the Quality Management System.
- Contributed to ensuring that world class quality systems were in place and being used throughout the organization.
- Increased quality for all employees to ensure employee competency.
- Worked with factory quality personnel in China and The Philippines to implement and measure quality improvements.
- Monitored and analyzed quality data to make data driven decisions regarding quality improvement.
- Supervised the initiation and closure of Corrective Action/Preventive Action documents and reported the results to customers.
- Generated and delivered customer presentations on quality topics, issues and continuous improvement initiatives
- Conducted internal factory process audits and supplier audits to optimize manufacturing capability and implement best industry practices.
- Acted as part of a team with Production, Engineering, Finance and Sales to win new business.
- Program Manager for technical issues during new product development.
- As part of the Sales team, streamlined communication between customer design engineers and in-house design engineers to bring new products to market.
- Optimized design team activities to coincide with customer needs.
- Influenced new product development schedule to align with customer product launch dates.
- Handled up to six new product development programs at a time.
- Supported products for quality issues from concept to end-of-life.
- Hired temps and reworked the defective pins at the customer’s facility, keeping the customer's line running and eliminating the need to return the power supplies to China, resulting in zero down time for customer’s production line and eliminating a twelve week turnaround time to return the power supplies to China for repair.