Spatial Data Scientist with twelve years’ experience. Areas of expertise include spatial statistics analyst and GIS/Data scientist, capable of processing different spatial or aspatial datasets, of different scales, using a combination of GIS, Python, and R methods and a multitude of machine learning algorithms within each of the applications
Spatial Data Analysis and Manipulation and Visualization: ESRI ArcGIS (Spatial Analysis, 3D Analysis, Network Analysis, Spatial Statistics, TIN, DEM, Raster, Vector, Geoprocessing, Pattern Analysis, Spatial Clustering), ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS Web Apps Geodatabase (Enterprise, File, Personal), Idrisi Andes
Data Processing and Visualization: Python (Pandas, NumPy, ArcPy, ArcGIS, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Sklearn, SciPy, Spark, Web Scraping), Jupyter Notebook, R (ggplot2, markdown, tidyverse), Excel, SPSS, SQL
Machine Learning: Regression Models, Cluster Analysis, Outlier Analysis, Network Analysis, Supervised and Unsupervised Models, Decision Tree, Deep Learning
Design: AutoCAD, AutoCAD Map, SketchUp
Other: MS Word, Access, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Adobe InDesign
Research Associate and Spatial Data Scientist
Confidential, Tampa, Florida
- Employed python - based and machine learning algorithms to automate the processing of large-scale moving objects data
- Python-based script toolboxes for ArcGIS to analyze and visualize similarities of trajectory-based movement datasets.
- Developed Python-based script toolbox for ArcGIS to automate field data calculation for large datasets of moving entities.
- Python-based script to analyze large volumes of words in a language processing context and output similarity results.
- R script to calculate the mean similarity index for words used in different contexts.
- Implemented Python-based testing features to use on the final product.
Graduate Student & Spatial Data Analyst
Confidential, Arlington, Texas
- GIS-based Suitability analysis and population distribution of Confidential County Thoroughfare Plan
- Multi-layer spatial data analysis of DFW area population distribution
Lead GIS/Spatial Data Specialist
- GIS-based Suitability analysis for a resort site in Northern Shiraz, Iran.
- Zoning and land use planning of the resort site.
- Network and transportation designs of the site.
- Short-term implementation plan of the site construction.
- Produced ad hoc reports and documents for senior team members.
Spatial Data Analyst and GIS Specialist
- Spatial analysis of impoverished population distribution in Peninsular Malaysia using Spatial Clustering.
- Geographically Weighted Regression and Multivariate Regression Analysis of Poverty Population data
- Hot-spot analysis and spatial autocorrelation analysis of the poverty rate in Peninsular Malaysia.
- Crime prevention analysis using a combination of GIS software.
- Digital 3D models of prominent residential and commercial architecture using SketchUp
Urban Planner and GIS/Spatial Data Analyst
- Spatial analysis of existing land use and zoning of two small cities.
- Suitability analysis of future development plans for short-term master plans of two small cities.
- Spatial analysis and future land use development plans for 15 rural areas.
- Team leader of field surveys of 15 rural areas and a city.