- Hands on implementation & Production support experience of Workday Core HCM, Payroll, Compensation, Benefits, Recruiting & Absence Management, from configuration/setup to ongoing data maintenance.
- Proficient in Payroll setups and Payroll processing, Tax updates, Year - end processing, applying ADP patches to Workday.
- Hands on experience in inbound/ outbound integrations Using EIB, Core Connector, Workday Studio, managing business processes, working with EIB, Report Writer, Creating Workday Calculated Fields and Custom Reports.
- Knowledge on Compensation Plans like Salary, Unit Salary, Hourly, Allowance, One Time Payment, Merit, Bonus, Commission, Stock
- Configured PICOFs to integrate with payroll vendors.
- Experience in designing Workday integrations using PICOF.
- Used PICOF to provide the integration files based on the requirement for payroll vendors.
- Expertise in advanced reports wherein I have used different business objects and related business objects in developing awaiting steps in performance business processes.
- Advanced Workday report writing experience, both in modifying delivered and creating custom reports, including matrix reports, composite reports & dashboards
- Worked on Payroll Interface module and Proficient in Payroll Interface configuration.
- Experienced in Creating Custom Dash boards for Recruiting, Compensation, Payroll & managers Executive dashboards.
- Worked extensively on Payroll Interfaces and have designed and developed integrations in both Workday Studio and EIB.
- Maintained and created Workday Supervisory Organizations, Locations, Positions, Cost centers, Cost Center hierarchies.
- Worked on the Object Management Systems like Role Based Security, User Based Security, Job Based Security groups.
- Worked on Compensation Grades, Grade Profiles and Steps and Compensation Eligibility Rules.
- Created standard/custom quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports as needed by business and converted existing PeopleSoft reports to Workday Reports as part of migration.
- Worked with different staffing models, defining Hire restrictions to Job Management, Position Management and Headcount Management, experience in creating Job Profiles, Job Families and Job Family Groups.
- Worked with business process framework, well versed with multiple configuration options in staffing, compensation, benefit events, time off/leave events, Talent Management Events.
- Experience with Web services, XML, XPATH and XSLT.
- Expertise in SQL, Eclipse, XML, XSLT, and Web Services technologies.
Confidential, Memphis, TN
Sr. Workday HCM Consultant
- Learn & understand client’s business requirements & work with the Lead Functional architect to Design, build, Configure & test the HCM, Payroll, Compensation & Absence Management for 8 Asian Countries.
- Working as workday consultant with the HRIS Team.
- Gathering requirements, designing, developing & deploying them to production.
- Working on various types of integrations like EIB, Core Connectors, Cloud connectors & Studios.
- Worked on Simple & Advance Studio integrations & applied XSLT transformations.
- Worked on Studio Integrations with ICIMS, Netsuite, Muelsoft, ADP, salesforce using SOAP, JASON & REST API's.
- Worked on salesforce Studio integrations using create user API, update user API, & gathered information on Login API from salesforce.
- Designed and built both inbound and outbound EIB integrations in various segments of workday systems.
- Updating various employee changes through EIB outbound/Inbound.
- Creating various test cases scenarios for Absence Management global implementation according to the requirements & following up with it.
- Creating various Core Connectors for Job profiles, Employee changes, Locations, New Hire & Organizations.
- Worked on creating various locations for the company and assigning them to the employees and also Creating various compensation packages, grades, profiles and assigning them to all employees.
- Worked on creating pay groups, Payment election and rules.
- Working on setting up Merit plan & pools.
- Configured workday compensation packages including salary, bonus, allowance, commission & merit plans for multiple departments including merit process & bonus plan processing.
- Created custom reports on Advance compensation that includes merit plan, target bonus, compensation grades, grade profiles.
- Create standard/custom quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reports as needed by business.
- Worked on various complex calculated fields for advance, matrix & composite reports.
- Report writing, report customization and panel customizations.
- Creating various complex calculated fields using different types of Business objects and functions.
- Creating Dashboards and worklets.
- Worked on photo Integrations using studios.
- Preparing QA effort estimates from Define Phase till Implement Phase.
- Prepare System Test Plan/Test Strategy based on Functional Design Documents.
- Prepare Test Scenarios & Test Cases for workday HCM Modules- Core HR, Benefits, Time & Labor, Performance Management & Advance Compensation.
- Worked on various unit testing, Preparing the test Scenarios for integration testing.
- Collaborate with functional staff to meet the existing business needs.
- Creating Security groups for the integrations like Benefits and payroll and maintained them with other groups like Employee as self and Intersection type security groups. Also, created security groups with given references to provide access required for various Business processes in the system.
- Hire into position management, hire into Headcount management and Job Management.
- Updated the changes in the organization.
- Integrated workday with external vendor software.
- Maintain tools and templates for each workday update.
Environment: Workday 30, Workday HCM (Compensation, Locations, Talent Management, Payroll ), XML/XSLT, ETV & XTT, Workday Report Writer/Designer, Workday Studio, EIB and Cloud Connectors, Web services, Calculated fields, MS Project, MS Visio, Excel & PowerPoint.
Confidential, Pleasanton, CA
Sr. Workday HCM Consultant
- Developed 6 new Benefit integrations using Cloud connect for benefits and Custom EIB’s to send the Participant, Enrollment and Contributions data for HAS, FSA, Commuter plans for the new benefit vendor.
- Lead the Benefits integration project right from requirements gathering, developing the integrations, performing QA and UAT and then supporting the integrations.
- Analyze the benefits data and benefits enrollment information in the HRIS system, identifying inconsistencies & ineligibilities.
- Tracking the enrollments and terminations of various Benefit plans, and implementing required actions.
- Developed various custom EIB's - outbound and inbound for Core HCM, Payroll, Compensation, Benefits and Recruitment modules in Workday with custom transformation using XML, XSLT, XPath.
- Designed the Functional and Technical requirements for the Absence management implementation in Workday.
- Hands-on involvement with Analysis, Setup and Configuration of Workday Absence management .
- Developed integrations using Core Connectors for Worker, Benefit connectors, Cloud connect for benefits and Payroll (PICOF).
- Configured ISU for various Benefits CCB’s and Compensation EIB’s I developed.
- Day to day production support issue resolution for existing global implementations at Splunk.
- Created complex advanced reports like Matrix and Composite reports and developed few enhancements like Manager Dashboards & Score cards for different modules in Workday like Payroll, Compensation, Core HCm, Recruiting and Benefits.
- Working on the Design, Build and Testing/ Go Live support in Core HCM and the entire Compensation framework of Compensation Management in Workday including creating Compensation Elements, Compensation packages, Eligibility Rules (primarily for Salary, Bonus, Merit, Allowance and Stock Compensation Plans).
- Handling functional tasks such as communicating with the global users and vendors to gather the functional requirements, converting them to Technical requirements, creating Business Process, QA & UAT the integrations , as needed.
- Handle everyday ongoing global maintenance tickets in service now for Workday HCM in Splunk.
- Involved in data conversion from legacy system and creation of I load files.
- Worked on Customizing Business Process (BP's) and other Condition rule within BPs.
- Performed day to day Workday support tasks for Compensation, Payroll, Benefits & recruitment modules and maintain data integrity.
- Automated End-to-end data load process from Workday to Essbase/HFM applications via FDMEE.
Environment: Workday HCM, Payroll, Benefits, Recruiting, Advanced Compensation, Talent Management, CCB’s, EIB’s, Workday Studio, Core connectors, Calculated Fields, Complex reports, Dashboards .
Confidential, Seattle, WA
Sr. Workday HCM Consultant
- Lead Workday process, design and effort for Global Workforce Administration and U.S.
- Manage Workday technical ticketing queue to ensure tickets are addressed in a timely manner.
- Worked on Outbound Integrations from Workday to SAP HUB ECC
- Worked on Workday integrations (Inbound/Outbound) using, Workday Studio, Document Transformation (DT), Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB).
- Worked on Compensation Components, Elements and Plans like Salary, Unit Salary, Hourly, Allowance, One Time Payment, Merit, Bonus, Commission, Stock.
- Spearheaded the implementation of clients HR Shared Services Center using Workday as the HRIS platform to support 33k employees globally across 26 countries for Workforce Administration, and US Payroll for 23K employees.
- Led design of the Shared Services operating model, knowledge capital build, training development, implementation of Shared Services enabling technologies and Business Readiness Simulation testing.
- Configured security, process flows, and notifications for Business Processes within Workday system.
- Created a number of custom Dash boards for Managers, Recruiting Admins & Employees.
- Created Advanced, Complex & Custom reports to support compensation, benefits, HRBP's, Payroll, Finance and many other teams.
- Created almost 200 calculated fields for different scenarios like Extract Single Instance, Look up related Value, Extract Sub String and Arithmetic Calculations etc.
- Co-piloted the implementation of Workday Severance Configuration using Workday as the HRIS platform to support 20k employees
- Responsible for Equinix owned integrations that send non secure data to consuming applications within the company via DIME (ETL application).
- Responsible for creating, designing and implementing audits to ensure integrity and maintenance of Workday data.
- Responsible for developing, designs, and implementing standard operating procedures in Workday.
- Configuring security, process flows, and notifications for HCM Business Processes within Workday system.
- Evaluating Workday functionality with respect to business requirements for new system initiatives.
- Investigate unused Workday functionality and provided recommendations for enhancements.
- Maintaining custom data export integrations.
- Performing mass data uploads.
- Configuring new EIBs based on the requirements.
- Configuring major group structures such as severance and supervisory organizations.
- Monitoring the integrations configured in Workday on daily basis.
- Designing regression-testing scenarios for the integrations during upgrades.
- Creating custom reports and calculated fields to fetch the required data from the tenant.
- Configuring Custom Reports into Work lets and Related Actions of Workday Objects
Environment: Workday HCM, Recruiting, Compensation, Talent Management, EIB, Workday Studio, CCB’s, XSLT, XML, Complex reports, Dashboards, Calculated Fields.
Workday HCM Analyst
- Created new integration to pull the new hires information using Core Connector Worker and Document Transformation which uses connector integrations XML Output as its data source input.
- Day to day support of Workday HCM, Security, Integrations, Recruiting, Compensation and Reporting issues.
- Creating the new business processes and notifications in deployment and sandbox tenants based on the designed business flow diagrams
- Experienced to work with Workday Report Writer and creating custom integrations with third party applications using Workday Cloud Connect and Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB).
- Used sequence generators, generating templates and validating inbound integration system results.
- Created and used calculated fields in reporting, business processes, integrations and other areas within Workday.
- Knowledge of Domain, Role and User based security
- Worked on several country payroll integrations - PICOF’s (India, UK, Australia, Malaysia - Singapore, South Africa, Korea, Japan, Indonesia, Mexico, Honduras, Gaugamela and North America payroll.
- Designed and developed a set of integrations to integrate Workday HR with Recruiting system.
- Used workday Studio and configured integrations to move data from Workday to SAP for North America payroll
- Designed and configured Workday BPs for HCM including Hire, Change Job, Termination, Propose Compensation, Termination, Reorganization, International Assignment, etc
- Automated integrations like ADP, Benefit Focus, PeopleSoft Financials, Active Directory, Demographics, etc.
- Involved in development of design documentation for in scope interfaces to and from Workday.
- Involved in EIB loads for P1, P2, P3 tenants and involved in data conversion and analysis.
- Analyzed and developed Use Cases for Core HR module, Compensation, Absence Management, Benefits.
- Reviewed test plans and test documents (Test Scenarios / Test Strategy / Test Cases) to ensure all requirements are covered in scripts as part of HR.
- Created test scenarios for testing all in scope Business Processes like Hire, Job Change, Promote, Transfer, Terminate, Compensation changes, Talent and Performance, Employee Self Service process, Manager Self-service processes, etc.
- Drafted requirements for all in scope 119+ Business processes (hire, job change, terminate, etc.), Talent & Performance, Onboarding, Compensation and Timekeeping, condition rules, modules along with PICOF.
- Liaise with Vendors, Payroll, other internal departments and third party vendors and developed test plans and test scenarios for Functional, End to End, System integration, User Acceptance and Parallel Acceptance testing
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing.
- Provided post rollout production support for Phase 1. Served as point of contact for Workday Support tickets from HR. Monitored incoming tickets, and resolved Workday functional issues in sandbox.
- Manage the Change management process. Review change requests and make appropriate changes in Workday sandbox.
Environment: Workday Custom Integrations, EIB’s, Data loads, Complex reports, Dashboards, Calculated fields SharePoint, Tableau, Rally, Jira, windows 8, Erwin, XML, XSLT, EIB and Workday Studio
PeopleSoft Business Analyst
- Involved in Design, Development, Testing, and Enhancement of PeopleSoft HRMS for HR, Payroll and Base Benefits modules.
- Created and modified Components, File Layouts, Pages, Records, Fields, Process Definitions and registering Components in Portal, Menu and Permission Lists.
- Developed number of interface reports using SQR to read the data from file and load it into PeopleSoft tables and send data from PeopleSoft to other external applications.
- Involved in online changes to the delivered pages, components, menus and translate values.
- Developed an Application Engine Programs like Blue cross blue shield and HRIS Premiums Interface.
- Developed and modified People Code to implement specific business rules and validations to enable the system to perform the business process.
- Developed an application engine program using File Layouts to load New Hire interface file with all New Hired employees’ information after each day and load them into the people soft tables.
- Worked on interface programs for migrating data from other systems to People Soft.
- Also involved in acquiring Specifications from the functional team and modifying the SQR’s as per the SPECS.
- Extensively used process scheduler for scheduling recurring process for conditional Scheduling of successive process for setting up the reports to run at specific time and implementation of batch processing.
- Used File Layout Definition to get data from the legacy system to people soft tables.
- Modified, designed, configured and built fields, records, sub records, setting up keys to records, assign table edits like prompt table.
- Active role in changing the SQRs as per the change requests from the users.
- Involved in Unit testing of people soft delivered and modified functionality & customized SQR programs using HR, Benefits and Payroll Modules.
- Handled bundles for the process of solving the issues in the enhancements
- Conducted meetings with the Users and the testing team and involved in discussing their problems and helped them out in finding the proper solutions for their requirements.
Environment: PeopleSoft HRMS 8.9, People Tools 8.46, Application designer, People Code, Process Scheduler, PS-Query, SQR, SQL Plus, Application Engine, Oracle 9i, MS Excel, Crystal Reports, Windows NT/2000