- 7 years of experience as a Business Analyst across Healthcare & Banking domain.
- Certified Scrum master with experience in sprint planning, sprint review, sprint retrospective and other meeting as required by team for scrum related projects.
- Extensive experience in Software Development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies like waterfall.
- Strong background in business process analysis, requirements elicitation, requirement Design & documentation, User stories creation and UAT validation.
- Experience in coordinating with Project Manager in preparing Project Scope, Release Schedule and Status Report.
- Extensive knowledge in healthcare payer domain including Medicare and Medicaid market.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in listening, conflict resolution and strong communication, written and presentation skills.
- A professional, detail - oriented and motivating team player with excellent analytical, communication, leadership, and problem-solving skills who enjoys complex and challenging projects.
Health Care Products: FACETS, EDIFECS
Databases Tool: SQL
Requirement Management Tool: JIRA, Rally, Rational Requisite Pro, ALM
Prototyping Tool: JustinMind, Mockup Screens, Balsamiq
UML Tools: Rational Rose, MS Visio
Defect Tracking Tools: Bugzilla, JIRA, ALM
Other Tools/Applications: Toad, MS Project, MS Excel, SharePoint
- Part of a Claims & Encounters Business Readiness team as Business Analyst.
- Partnered with IT team to ensure development & QA timelines and its impact on Business readiness.
- Engaging with the right SME’s per specific components of claim/ Encounter processing for UAT signoffs.
- Responsible for obtaining sign off on all deliverables and tradeoffs / workarounds for specific workstream.
- Log, manage and monitor decisions, risks and assumptions associated with claims/ encounters Business readiness.
- Coordinating with IT & testing PM to bring escalations to the Business Readiness driver.
- Publish on going weekly Business readiness status for claims workstream.
- Supported the E2E / UAT claim and encounter testing.
Confidential, Oklahoma, OK
- Engaged with the stakeholders, identified the Business SME’s and facilitated JAD sessions to gather Business Requirements.
- Worked on Medicaid claim processes.
- Decomposed high level user requirements into functional requirements.
- Performed the impact analysis of the changes.
- Created the Business Requirement documents, Business Process workflows and Wireframes.
- Captured new business rules and updated existing rules to accommodate the changes in the existing processed.
- Conducted BRD review sessions to get the business sign off.
- Coordinated with Development & QA team for any clarification & resolution.
- Worked with the Business team to support the UAT testing.
Confidential, Petaluma, CA
Business System Analyst
- Engaged with business teams and stakeholders to gather, document and manage requirements effectively following Agile (scrum) SDLC Methodology.
- Conducted regular meetings with scrum masters and product owners to discuss any technical and operational issues and updates on the current project status.
- Created and updated Weekly status reports, burndown charts and closure reports; performed sprint planning and retrospective meetings.
- Performed extensive requirement analysis / decomposition including risk and gap analysis.
- Assisted in creating relevant use cases and associated activity diagrams.
- Involved in triaging Defect and Change Management issues.
Confidential, Torrance, CA
- Gathered Business Requirements, interacted with the stakeholders, developers, project manager and SME’s and facilitated JAD sessions.
- Assisted with creating Wireframes using IRise for client claims.
- Developed Use Cases and visualized those using UML diagrams such as Class diagram and sequence diagrams. Assisted the technical teams in defining the various business process flow based on claim information.
- Involved in implementing and testing of the developed application data standards.
- Tracked change management and updated defects in Bugzilla.
Confidential - Columbus, OH
- Involved in requirement gathering, analysis and solutions for Anti-Money Laundering related activities including multiple relationship accounts and multi-faceted transactions.
- Conducted GAP Analysis and risk assessment during the project, and maintained traceability.
- Identified and analyzed all the possible use cases and assisted in developing functional specification document based on high-level requirements provided by the end users and SMEs.
- Gained the client and IT team sign-off of requirements documents and specifications by conducting walkthroughs, presentations, and formal reviews.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Worked on requirement gathering phase using Agile (SCRUM) SDLC methodology.
- Facilitated JAD sessions with the business team and technology team.
- Involved in In-Depth Research to gathered requirements from Confidential .com users and SMEs to improve the Online Shopping experience.
- Generate daily, weekly and summary reporting.