- Over 8 years of extensive experiences in diverse companies in Business Intelligence Developer and Data Analyst in Production, Development and Staging Environments with Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2, SQL Server 2012 - Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools (SSRS, SSIS & SSAS) and Microsoft Power BI.
- Knowledgeable in SSAS, Data warehouse, Informatics concepts& Agile Methodology
- Strong communication & Management skills with Excellent Role playing capability
- Organized, focused and committed with track records of attention to details, ability to work in stressful situations, team player, work independently with minimal supervision & proven ability to multitask and prioritize.
Database: MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, DB2
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SSIS, Crystal Reports, Tableau, Power BI
SQL Server Tools: SQL Server Business Intelligence Development studioSSAS, Enterprise, SQL Profiler, Query Analyzer, Import & Ex
Other Tools: MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Power Point, MS Visio), OLAPAdobe Flash
Languages: T-SQL, Java, HTML, XML, .Net, SharePoint
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
Business intelligence Specialist/analyst
- Worked closely with the project management team to analyze and consolidate request requirements to improve the decision planning process and meeting project deadlines.
- Defined data requirements and report layouts for the business to review. Created testing plans and scripts based on requirements
- Handle the tasks of directing, organizing and leading projects as well as in the implementation of BI software tools and systems
- Worked in evaluating and selecting database/data warehouse components like ETL software, relational database management systems, and database design solution Lead the staff to the design, implementation, administration and maintenance of the business intelligence platform and manage 50+ reports utilizing SQL Server SSRS
- Manage departmental reporting systems, troubleshooting daily issues, and integrating existing access databases with numerous external data source including (SQL, Visual Studio 2012, Excel, & Access).
- Assisted Supply chain analysts with automating reporting functionality using Power BI tools Power BI reporting, dashboards & Scorecards (KPI) and MySQL, AWS & Data warehouse data sources.
- Worked directly with clients to gather requirements and design reports as needed
- Prioritizes assigned tasks and ensures these are completed on or before the scheduled date of completion
- Developed SSIS packages for extracting, transferring and loading data from sources like Excel, CSV and Flat files to SQL Server databases destination using the various transformation options provided by SSIS tool.
- Developed different kinds of SSRS reports based on the company needs such as Table, Matrix, Linked reports, Parametrized reports, drill through reports, drill down reports, Sub-Reports, click through reports and Ad hoc reports
- Used Power BI desktop to design and automate client-ready data visualization.
- Expert in data visualization and advance calculations using Business Intelligence tools and dashboards creation, implementation & maintenance.
- Worked on different visualizations using Slicers, Lines, Pies, Histograms, Maps
- Trained existing staff in generating drill through and drill down reports with drop down menu option, sorting the data, and defining subtotals in Microsoft Power BI.
- Strongly Knowledgeable in connecting Microsoft Power BI to various data sources: Microsoft SQL Server/Dynamics GP, Excel
- Created views and materialized views to get the values dynamically using joins and other SQL queries from the multiple tables.
- Delivering reports to users in the required formats through email and file share subscriptions on pre-defined schedules
- Performed normalization of database to achieve maximum system performance
- Involved in creating database objects using stored procedures, triggers, functions, views & T-SQL joins
- Expert in writing complex queries using Microsoft SQL Server
- Applied query analyzer to increase query performance
- Effectively analyzed business needs to translate the needs into application
Confidential, Takoma Park, MD
MSB Power BI developer
- Installed and configured Power BI servers
- Involved with application developers and production teams across functional units to identify business needs and discuss solution option
- Developed data visualizations chart types on power BI desktop
- Developed and designed Power BI dashboards with a focus on usability, performance, testing, and standardization
- Created power BI parameters to replace the constant values in data calculations & filters.
- Applied quick Filters in power BI for performance tuning
- Used aggregation and disaggregation of data in Tableau
- Applied data blending tools in tableau to combine different data sources and platforms.
- Created context filters in Tableau to improve performance
- Develop data visualization and automation to create efficient dashboards and reports in Tableau desktop
- Worked with team members in the development of interactive data visualization presentations in power BI
- Maintained different projects on power BI one at a time, ensuring accurate and timely deliverables
T-SQL/Database admistrator (DBA)
- Installed and configured MS SQL server and Power BI servers 2005, 2008R2, 2012
- Ensured that all production databases are running efficiently 24/7.
- Monitored database performance, tracked, stored procedures queries’ execution times and implemented improvements on efficiency.
- Successfully implemented Log shipping technique used for warm backup solution for MS SQL Server 2012/2008/2005 databases and disaster recovery
- Experience in creating Jobs, alerts, SQL mail agent , and schedule DTS Packages
- Upgraded SQL Server 2005 to SQL 2008 server for high volume processing databases on a clustered environment.
- Provided DBA support and technical expertise for multiple applications in development, test, QA and production - SQL Server 2005, 2008 environments.
- Develop strategies in migration SQL 2005 servers to 2008 SQL Servers.
- Involved in ensuring data recovery, maintenance, and data integrity and space requirements for physical database.
- Created and Modified tables, Stored Procedures, Views, Indexes, User-defined Functions and Triggers as requirement on SQL Servers
- Debug Database and troubleshoot Issues on Live Data
- Provided 24/7 support as sole DBA
Database Administration (DBA)
- Provided day to day support of database applications in multi-tier client server
- Provided technical support on testing initiatives and end production
- Advise on how the database upgraded and installed.
- Supplied critical support for initiatives from development through production ensuring stable environment and critical time lines met.
- Provided technical support for initiatives resulting in execution of conversion activities.
- Served as key team consultant in new product appraisals providing insight for beneficial technologies.
- Orchestrated database installations and upgrades providing operational stability.