Senior professional seeking a leadership position. Experienced in creating and implementing Business Intelligence (BI) and Business Process Management (BPM) solutions. Proficient in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), system integration, data modeling, data mining and analytics, process reengineering and improvement, and project management. Proven track record in customer management at all levels and capacities. Champion for data - based decision making through Business Intelligence processes.
Hard Skills: Optimization CPLEX, OSL, ScheduleX, MIMI, ProModel
Statistical Analysis: SAS, JMP
Database: SQL Server, Oracle
Version Control: SCCS, SourceSafe, Team Foundation Server
BI: Microsoft BI Stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS)
Reporting Tools: Brio, ReportsNow, Panorama, Executive Viewer, ProClarity, Qlik, Tableau, Power BI
ERP System: JD Edwards, SAP
Languages: C, C++, SQL, MDX
Soft Skills: Customer and Vendor Management, Team Building
BPM Manager/BI Architect
- Responsibilities include identifying business needs and providing solutions, ranging from process improvement initiatives to supplying quality data and assisting in data analytics.
- Manage end-to-end BI implementation with Agile methodology. Interview stakeholders to gather requirements, define project scopes, create project plans, conduct gap analysis and data discovery, design data models and create ETL processes in SSIS and cubes in SSAS. Create test scenarios, plan UATs and manage deployments.
- Work extensively with accountants to extract financial data for reporting and analytics while adhering to SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley) compliance requirements. Identify KPIs and create dashboards with security and drill down capability in SSRS and PowerBI. Support data analytics and provide user .
- Setup policies for Master Data Management and created guidelines for code development.
- Evaluated Tableau, Qlik and PowerBI and created a document detailing pros and cons of each tool.
- Developed a process to determine how much of raw material to purchase and a report for Confidential Analysis for Asphalt Department.
- Conducted fraud analysis for Credit Card Group.
- Designed a Same Store Analytics cube for Retail Division. Created a forecasting model and identified margin calculation logic for Wholesale Division.
Data Warehouse Specialist
- Responsibilities included providing BI support and identifying areas for improvements.
- Supported Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) built on Microsoft and Oracle platforms as a lead BI specialist. Worked with cross functional teams to ensure business needs were met.
- Managed the creation of a web-based library in SharePoint to store BI intellectual capital and offshore nighttime support initiative.
- Responsibilities included designing a data warehouse for HR department.
- As Solution Architect, created a prototype using SSIS/SSAS to demonstrate the capabilities of a Microsoft-based BI solution and created reports in SSRS and ProClarity to illustrate the benefits.
- Responsibilities included creating dashboards and detailed reports using Panorama reporting tool against a SAP-based EDW for corporate and field users.
- Identified and incorporated KPIs in executive summaries.
- Responsibilities included providing data and analytics support to engineers in DLP division.
- Proposed a Microsoft-based BI solution and obtained the buy-in from senior management. Worked as Solution Architect and Implementation Specialist, implemented a solution using DTS and Analysis Services along with Panorama reporting tool with self-service capability. The effort was rewarded by senior management as it greatly improved engineers’ productivity.
- Maintained a SAS data warehouse and conducted ad-hoc analyses. Designed and implemented a statistical analysis tool that helped identify root causes for low yields and excursions.
- Responsibilities included gathering business requirements, producing functional specifications, coordinating cross-functional teams in developing the solutions, and managing customer and vendor relationships.
- Managed projects including Data Warehousing for Sub-prime Auto Loan Lending Division, Data Analysis for Mortgage Underwriting Department, and Application Re-engineering for Telecom industry.
Certified Consultant/Project Manager
- Responsibilities included proposal writing, planning, developing solutions and managing customer relationships.
- Worked on consulting engagements with main focus on supply chain optimization for various industries.
- Worked with international and cross-functional teams to implement SAP-based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for a large semi-conductor company in Asia. Developed a production planning model and worked with SAP consultants to integrate this engine in the ERP system.
- Led an effort to define an end-to-end ERP business process model and presented the model at an Confidential conference.
- Responsibilities included identifying customer needs, conducting gap analysis, and designing and implementing solutions.
- Created Decision Support Systems (DSS) for transportation industry. Conducted data discovery and analysis prior to developing optimization or statistical models in the areas of demand forecasting, railcar routing and yield management.