- A Skilled professional with 8 years of experience in handling software projects encompassing onsite & offsite planning, proposal, implementation, integration, testing and maintenance for large web applications & software using diverse technologies; Domain knowledge in Banking and financial, Manufacturing, Automobile, Telecommunication and Retail Domain..
- Strong experience using MicroStrategy Business intelligence Suite 10.x/9.x/8.x (Intelligence Server, Administrator, Architect, Desktop, Web, Visual Insight, OLAP Services, Report Services, Dashboard, Distribution Services, Mobile, Narrowcast Server, MicroStrategy Office, Object Manager, Enterprise Manager, Command Manager and Integrity Manager).
- Experience in designing the logical model by creating Schema objects (attributes, facts, hierarchies, transformations and logical views) using the data warehouse.
- Experience in creating Applications objects like filters, metrics, prompts, reports, report services documents, templates.
- Experience in using OLAP Services like View filters, derived elements, derived metrics, Intelligent Cubes and published I cubes using Incremental fetch functionality for specific periods.
- Expertise in creating Dynamic Enterprise Dashboards using selectors, widgets and drill links.
- Expert at Planning, analysis, design and development of complex reports and scorecards for several business units.
- Good Knowledge on Dimensional Modeling like Star schema and Snowflake schema.
- Experience in designing, developing, debugging and enhancing reports by following business rules using MicroStrategy desktop and MicroStrategy web.
- Worked on MicroStrategy administration including intelligence server administration, configuration of memory settings, performance monitoring and VLDB settings.
- Experience in creating complex filters with advanced qualifications involving the by - pass functions.
- Experience in creating time series transformations like YTD, MTD, LY etc. using Transformations.
- Experienced in working with different databases like Oracle, DB2 and SQL Server.
- Experience in developing SQL queries and stored procedure.
- Developed database objects like t ables, views, indexes, functions, stored procedures, common table expressions.
- Experience in writing and troubleshooting SQL for report development as well as testing.
- Extensive knowledge in end-to-end development of software products from requirement analysis to system study, designing, coding testing, de-bugging, documentation and implementation.
- Skilled in coordinating with the Business Groups, End User’s to gather requirements and analyzing the business process, implement the business application and making necessary changes to Application objects and Schema objects.
- Experience in Creating Visual insight dashboards in MicroStrategy Web.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and management skills.
- Team oriented, self-motivated and a disciplined individual.
- Experience in designing data visualizations using Tableau.
OLAP Tools: MicroStrategy 10.x,9.4.1,9.3.1,9.3,9.2.1, 9.0.1, 8.1(Intelligence Server, Administrator, Architect, Desktop, Web, Visual Insight, OLAP Services, Report Services, Dashboard, Distribution Services, Mobile, Narrowcast Server, MicroStrategy Office, Mobile, Object Manager, Enterprise Manager, Command Manager and Integrity Manager), Tableau, Cognos and Business Objects.
ETL Tools: Informatica, Netprophet, SSIS and DataStage basics.
Databases: Oracle 11g/10g/9i/8i, SQL, MS SQL Server 2014/2008, SAP Sybase, Netteza, DB2, MS Access, Mongo DB. BIG Data Hadoop (Cloudera manager, Hue, Hive, PIG and Impala).
Data Modeling: Erwin 4.1/3.5, MS Visio.
OS: Windows (8/7/XP/2003 Server/2000), UNIX (Red Hat Linux, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX).
Tools: MS Office, Visual Source Safe (VSS), Source Of Site (SOS), Total Quality Management System (TQMS), Digital Workflow, Star team, Manage Now, Info man, JIRA, VM Ware, VPN, Aginity for Nettaza, TOAD for Oracle, Putty, X-Manager, VNC and mRemote, Winscp.
Confidential, New York, NY
Sr Microstrategy Consultant
- Installed MicroStrategy Intelligent server and Web server on different windows 2008 servers. Configured I server, project source and project with Metadata and Big data Hadoop using 32 bit Hive ODBC Connect (Cloudera) and Hive 0.11 database component.
- Configured web with Intelligence server in Web Administration.
- Created configuration objects like DB Instance, users and Groups.
- Involved in requirement gathering, Analyze and understand the business requirements for report and dashboard development.
- Developed Schema objects like Attributes, Facts, Transformation, tables and logical views.
- Developed OLAP Services like View filters, derived elements, derived metrics, Intelligent Cubes and published I cubes using Incremental fetch functionality for specific periods.
- Check the CPU usage of the ICube query before publishing it.
- Created Visual Insight Dashboards in web using I cubes and I cube reports as a dataset and also Import Data functionality.
- Developed Public Objects like Metrics, Filters, prompts, reports and dashboards.
- Implemented drill down, drill up and drill to template functionality in various reports.
- Designed Prompts and Filters to generate reports in grid and graph mode.
- Created prompted filter feature to give end-user a choice of different filtering criteria each time they run the report.
- Analyzed the SQL generated by MicroStrategy reports to improve the performance of the reports.
- Configured enterprise manager to collect statistical data related to different projects.
- Cached the reports in the intelligence server to improve the performance of the large reports.
- Created dashboards using report services to design summary level reports using multiple datasets.
- Leveraged intelligent cube functionality to reduce dashboard and report response times.
- Documented the schema design and report specifications for reference.
Environment: MicroStrategy 10.x/9.4.1/9.3 (Desktop, Web, Architect, Administration, MSTR Tools), Big Data Hadoop, Cloudera manager, Hue, Hive and Impala, Oracle 11g, Windows 2008, SQL server.
Confidential, Warren, NJ
- Involved in gathering the user requirement, reporting requirements and prepare the requirement specifications document. This involved interaction with the business users and understanding the current reporting system. Understanding the Iridium Database and adding required Database tables through warehouse catalog and Creation of schema objects like facts, Attributes, transformations and public objects like metrics, filters, prompts, Custom groups, Consolidations and reports.
- Implemented the Narrowcast server system and created Information Objects, Subscriptions, schedules, Pre and Post SQL of services to send personalized business intelligence information and report via email, web and wireless devices. Worked as system administrator to Create and manage user account, monitor and maintain the Iridium Narrowcast system and Application objects.
- Designed OLAP services like Intelligence cubes for iridium services reports, Derived elements, Derived metrics and View Filters for user reporting purpose. Implemented automatic scheduling to publish the Intelligence cubes after every data loading.
- Created objects list to migrate objects between Dev to UAT/UAT to prod.
- Involved in objects Migration to production environment through OM and created packages for the migrations.
- Tested the environments using Integrity manager though PVP and Single Project Integrity Tests.
- Involved in implementing star and snowflake schema.
- Worked on designing report services document and Dashboards as per the business requirements.
- Performed MicroStrategy projects administration and application lifecycle management.
- Major responsibilities included the MicroStrategy system administration and architect.
- Created security roles, users and user groups. Assigned privileges to users and groups through security roles.
- Used license manager to verify the license compliance information.
- Involved in customizing the MicroStrategy web interface and the intelligence server settings for the project.
- Developed drill maps including creating of custom hierarchies to achieve the functionality requested by users.
- Involved in identifying data issues and need for data cleanup in the various source system databases.
Environment: MicroStrategy 9.3.1(Desktop, Web, Architect, Administration, Narrowcast server, Object Manager, Integrity Manager), Informatica 9.6, Oracle 11g, Windows 7, SQL Server.
Confidential, San Fransico, CA
MicroStrategy Report Developer/Administrator
- Involved in MicroStrategy Version upgradation from 7.5.3(2 I servers) and 8.0.1(one I server) to 9.3.1(form three different Intelligence server environments of the Metadata databases to single I server environment).
- Performed Functional testing, Administrative testing, Regression testing, performance testing and Integrity testing. Helped the business users for End-user testing.
- Coordinated with business users to gather the new requirements and to solve the existing issues or improvements.
- Worked with MicroStrategy architect to build hierarchies, attributes, facts and relationships between various attributes and developed perfect logical models for reporting environment.
- Developed MicroStrategy objects metrics, filters, prompts, Custom groups Consolidations and templates necessary for the development of the reports.
- Developed Prompted Filters that gave user a choice of different filtering criteria each time they run the filter.
- Created complex reports for analysis with transformations, custom groups and complex filters.
- Generated advanced reports in grid, graph mode, consisting of data analysis by combining a template with filters.
- Monitoring and Analysis of ticket trends, SLA adherence and provide solutions and suggestions for improvement.
- Designed Configuration Objects like Users, Groups, security filters and setting up Security Role for the Project
- Developed enhancements to the reports based on change requests.
- Troubleshooter and resolved the issues related to Configuration, ACL Access, User Profiles, HTML XSLs files, Objects issues.
- Troubleshooter and resolved the Narrowcast server configuration issues while upgrading.
- Re-created all the NCS objects in new environment.
- Worked with various Customer MD and Warehouses.
- Worked with MicroStrategy tools like ODBC test tool, Service Manager, Configuration wizard etc.
- Worked with MicroStrategy Narrowcast Server administrator main functionality: Configure a system, Create devices, IOs, Publications, Documents, Services, and Subscribers.
Environment: MicroStrategy - 9.x/8.x/7.x (Desktop, Web, Architect, Administration, command Manger, object manager, Narrowcast Server, Microstratgy Office, Mobile), Oracle, DB2.
Confidential, San Diego, CA
- Designed the MicroStrategy Architectural Documents for the Projects.
- Created the Metadata & Statistic tables for the MicroStrategy projects on a SQL Server database.
- Upgraded the MicroStrategy Projects from MicroStrategy 7.x to 7.2.3 and then to 7.5.3.
- Generated and implemented MicroStrategy Reports by creating Attributes Facts, Hierarchies, Metrics, Filters, Prompts and Templates.
- Used the Object Manager to move the objects from Development to Production Environment in MicroStrategy.
- Designed Hierarchy of Dimensions and Fact Tables in MicroStrategy Architect.
- Worked extensively creating Application Objects like Metrics and Compound Metrics, Filters, Custom Groups and Consolidations for complex reports.
- Implemented User Security, Object Security, Roles and Groups using MicroStrategy.
- Designed and Implemented Drill Maps to access more detailed information.
- Used Customer, Product, Payment, Geographic and Time dimensions and generated reports like forecasting.
- Tested all reports by running queries against the warehouse using SQL Navigator and compared them with MicroStrategy SQL engine generated queries.
- Extensively used Narrowcast Server for personalized Report Distributions.
- Performed the administration tasks like Tuning, Caching, specifying Query Governing Thresholds and Report Optimization.
- Designed the Data Model for the Warehouse suited to the client requirements.
- Wrote PL/SQL Scripts as a part of Data Loading and Conversion process.
Environment: MicroStrategy 7.5/7.2.3 (Administrator, Architect, Desktop, Object Manager, MDX Adapter), SQL Server, Oracle 9i, HTML & DHTML.
- Involved in design or development life cycle including gathering requirements, user interaction and report design and development.
- Involved in gathering, analyzing and documenting of the data mart system requirements.
- Designed the Micro Strategy Architectural Documents for the Projects.
- Worked extensively with filters, custom groups, prompts, consolidations and transformation in order to generate reports meeting business needs.
- Identified the Source tables and columns required to create the MicroStrategy Project, thereby achieving a logical mapping of the physical data warehouse in the MicroStrategy metadata responsibility.
- Performed database design and implementation using SQL Server and data modeling tools.
- Involved in adding, validating, dropping the XML schema to the database.
- Created custom T-SQL procedures to read data from flat files to dump to SQL Server database using SQL Server import and export data wizard.
Environment: MicroStrategy 7.5 Product Suite (Desktop, Object Manager, Architect, Command Manager, Web, Mobile), SQL Server, HTML, Windows XP, Teradata and Oracle 9i.