- I have over 8 years’ experience as a Database Administrator - Performing core DBA duties with Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012/2016 Enterprise Environment. Duties include; performance tuning, database backup/recovery, installation, PowerShell automation, migration, VMWare, SSIS (ETL) Packages and Reports, database security, upgrades and patches and High Availability/Disaster Recovery solutions - AlwaysOn 2016.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
SQL Server Database Administrator
- Perform SQL Server installations, upgrades, patching, configurations, and deployment (SQL 2008R2/2012/2016) in Dev/Test/Staging/Production environments.
- Ensure all database servers are backed up such to meets the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO).
- Test backups to ensure the various business units can meet the business’ Recovery Time Objectives (RTO)
- Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends.
- Configure SQL Server monitoring utilities to minimize false alarms and minimize system downtimes.
- As new systems are brought in-house, choose whether to use clustering, log shipping, mirroring, or other solutions.
- Deploy code and other database objects in strict accordance with Change Management/Change Control policies and procedures.
- Re-evaluate, test, document and communicate (with management) RTOs and RPOs as databases grow.
- Carry out Database Refresh, backups and restoration jobs for development and QA environments.
- Loading (ETL) tool of SQL Server to populate data from various data sources, creating packages for different data loading operations for application.
- Work/Resolve tickets via Remedy ticketing system in a timely manner to maintain Service Level Agreements (SLA) - 24x7 On-Call support rotation.
- Establish measures and enforce controls to ensure database integrity to promote business continuity.
- Utilize PowerShell to implement database administration tasks such as; backup databases, managing agent jobs, and retrieving database list and their properties.
- Schedule backups for User and System Databases in production environment using Maintenance Plan.
- Streamline the server/database level security by creating the Windows and SQL Server logins with the appropriate server/database roles and object level permissions.
- Plan, implement & manage SQL Server patching and database migration projects from inception to close.
- Scripting the Database Consistency Checks (DBCC), scheduling the scripts to run daily and weekly basis.
- Work with fellow Sr. Database Administrators, System Administrators and Network Administrators as a team - to develop and support standards for optimal performance within the enterprise to promote Business As Usual (BAU).
- Conduct Capacity Planning - Monitor space usage using PowerShell, and adjust databases as needed to support and satisfy all business initiatives. Planning storage space for new databases.
- Code Review: Responsible for reviewing Database Scripts from the development team before releasing them into the Production.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA.
SQL Server Database Support
- Configure the physical design of the database by implementing OFA compliance that suites both OLTP and Data warehouse applications.
- Configured various logical database structures such as table spaces to store application objects and rollback segments for transaction processing.
- Implements change management controls, processes and practices to deliver quality services that increase client bottom line results.
- Engaged in various DR (Disaster Recover) efforts for my customers.
- Make recommendation on systems hardware and software implementation for management approval and took responsibility for complete and timely implementation.
- Organized and co-ordinates daily operations and project delivery meeting to identified all possible problems and ensure they are rectified to keep project on schedule and report any project variance to the appropriate upper management personnel.
- Develop a problem tracking applications that assigned all related systems errors/problems to appropriate database and / or application personnel using remedy.
- Performed backups and recovery using established strategies for SQL SERVER databases to meet our customer SLA requirements.
- Managed project assigned in accordance with the Service Level Agreement (SLA) and Statement of Work (SOW) to ensure all departmental related cost and expenses are kept on track with the project schedule.
- Managed the entire database environment visibility and accountable for database decision made to upper level management.
Confidential . Atlanta, GA.
Sr. Systems Administrator
- Server 2k/2k3/2k8 R2 environments - VMware/LAN/WAN/VLAN Support and administration.
- Performed various installations, configurations, troubleshooting and maintenance operations in Windows
- Performed data backups and restores, as well as carried out disaster recovery operations.
- Managed/Monitored Software updates and upgrades via SMS/SCCM, GPO, and Active Directory.
- Migrated Exchange and Active Directory environments from environment.
- Monitor log shipping, database mirroring, and replication
- Recommended new updates and changes required by the clients.
- Documented the new Windows server settings that have been applied to the network.
- Sorted complex issues pertaining to hardware and network failure.
- Monitored the performance of virtual and physical servers, network devices, and storage equipment.
- Diagnosed hardware and software problems, and replaced defective components.
- Planned, coordinated, and implemented network security measures in order to protect data/applications.
- Performed routine network startup and shutdown procedures, and maintain control records; configured hardware, networking software, and operating system software.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA.
SQL Server Database Support
- Installed and Configured SQL Server Software on servers. Installed patches/hot fixes as recommended by Microsoft.
- Data import and export into between various RDBMS platforms as business required.
- Troubleshooting failed backups, failed maintenance jobs, and failed SSIS Packages.
- Performing backups and restores for databases, and performed some capacity planning and analysis as needed.
IT Support Specialist IIConfidential
- Managed Software updates and upgrades via SMS, GPO, and Active Directory.
- Provided Field, Remote and email support for users across the agency. Installed software, patching, upgrading and maintenance of operating system (Imaging/reimaging Laptops, desktops, servers)
- Provided training to end users to ensure the proper use of hardware, and software applications.
- Entered problem tickets into a tracking system (Remedy).
- Prioritized, evaluated and resolved calls/issues and followed up with end users to ensure full functionality.
- Performed Server, desktop, laptop installations, configurations, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and quickly resolving problems with a focus on customer satisfaction and SLAs.
- Administered, maintained, and supported non-PC hardware issues such as telephone systems, printers, copiers, and some handheld devices like blackberries.
- Tivoli TDP/TSM
- Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
- Citrix (XenApp)
- Cisco AnyConnect
- RedGate Monitor
- SolarWinds - DPA (Ignite)
- SQL Sentry
- Arc sight (SQL Server Auditing)